Most inappropriately named shite car

34 minutes ago, SEATMad said:

The Chevrolet Citation. Why would name a car after something you don't want?  

Chevrolet_Citation_II_front.jpg

I'd like it if I'd produced a literary work that was considered important enough for a citation in a bibliography. For example. That's the most likely use I can think for the word.

Have I missed something?

I don't know if it's appropriate or inappropriate, but Volkswagen is particularly bad at naming cars, I think. Some contrasting examples below:

Place names:

Chevrolet Monte Carlo sounds glamorous. Volkswagen Derby.

Sports:

Buick LaCrosse. Lacrosse is quite a rugged sport, played by people who are fit and active. Volkswagen Golf.

1 hour ago, horriblemercedes said:

I don't know if it's appropriate or inappropriate, but Volkswagen is particularly bad at naming cars, I think. Some contrasting examples below:

Place names:

Chevrolet Monte Carlo sounds glamorous. Volkswagen Derby.

Sports:

Buick LaCrosse. Lacrosse is quite a rugged sport, played by people who are fit and active. Volkswagen Golf.

I seem to remember Buick having to rename the Lacrosse in Canada because it meat wank in a local dialect.

1 hour ago, horriblemercedes said:

I'd like it if I'd produced a literary work that was considered important enough for a citation in a bibliography. For example. That's the most likely use I can think for the word.

Have I missed something?

American for being reported by the police. Like a notice of prosecution letter.

1 hour ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I seem to remember Buick having to rename the Lacrosse in Canada because it meat wank in a local dialect.

I found out (via a pub quiz) that Lacrosse and ice hockey are Canada's two national sports. Presumably the former isn't televised before the watershed.

3 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

I love an inappropriate trim name and I reckon you should start a proper thread just on those! I always liked Vauxhall using Merit for the utterly merit free povvo versions of their cars in the nineties.

I second that. Get it started! 

4 hours ago, GeordieInExile said:

Mitsubishi Charisma:-

d290e83d48ec4684a2acfd1231c30403.jpg

These came out just as I started at Mitsy. Apparently the launch was at some strip club near London. The story goes that Dave Blackburn (Mr Colt Cars) announced...

'Thats the new car, its called a Carisma, there will be GDi petrol and Turbo diesel models. The bar is over there and the dancing girls come out at 9!'

Lol, always one with a snappy soundbite!

9 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

The Kia Soul:
2023-kia-soul-001.jpg?auto=webp&width=12

Whenever I see one, I call them a Kia 'Lack of'.

Reminds me of the Curious Tall Metro. 

metrotall_2.thumb.jpg.6a8f0592b4024dc1f73d9d854bcd5fbd.jpg

On a different note, have we had this one yet? 

sharon-stone-basic-instinct.thumb.jpg.4841f2c92fd57a13f183b56a1ae240ba.jpg

Sharon 

article-0-13226453000005DC-321_306x383.jpg.da715b17fecd585accf7f53ff432da59.jpg

Sharon 

former-olympian-swimmer-sharron-davies-wearing-the-new-british-swimming-G5E94G.thumb.jpg.9fc5144a0f91f912a653e12aeaf6d7fd.jpg

Sharon 

occasion-sharan-2-0-69456.thumb.jpg.071a2388587e4832eb6c5b9131476b41.jpg

Galaxy Sharon Sharan

2 hours ago, delux said:

These came out just as I started at Mitsy. Apparently the launch was at some strip club near London. The story goes that Dave Blackburn (Mr Colt Cars) announced...

'Thats the new car, its called a Carisma, there will be GDi petrol and Turbo diesel models. The bar is over there and the dancing girls come out at 9!'

Lol, always one with a snappy soundbite!

Clearly trying to distract people from the utter piece of shit the Carisma was. I had one so am qualified to comment!