Warren Works... An MG6. In for test. It fails. NOW PISTONHEADS APPROVED CAR!

warren t claim

35 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

I'm beginning to think that for a shiter who covers maybe 8000 miles a year a cheap MG6 may be a surprisingly sensible choice. Pay peanuts for a pretty quick, good handling well kitted car. 

Thoughts?

Why. Are you thinking of selling one already? 😂😂

48 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Thoughts?

That - at even £2k (seems to be about the cheapest) - it does nothing that something else wouldn’t do better at the same price.  It doesn’t particularly have a party trick other than low entry price, but even those rakish good looks aren’t enough to tempt me when something consumable is going to take weeks to turn up from the Great Bunch of Lads. 

This is proper public service broadcasting here - God’s work. Thanks for doing it so I don’t have to! 

On 02/01/2024 at 00:01, warren t claim said:

I'm no psychic but my sixth sense is telling me that there's already a secret behind the scenes AS WhatsApp group running a sweepstake as to how long it is before I post a bonnet up, hard shoulder pic on this thread.

As long as Fuego bird is in the shot, it'll all be ok!

22 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/FL1fU5JU6P8jfHva/?mibextid=79PoIi

who’s going to take one for the team then?

anyone else thinking windscreen is unobtanium hence sale?????

On 02/01/2024 at 15:28, Split_Pin said:

Most helpful.

Anyway, I don't know what happened to the MG6's around my way. Frasers of Falkirk used to sell them which is 4 miles from where I live but I rarely see one now. I have always quite liked the look of them but the stories above regarding parts availability  is repeated throughout the MG/Rover pages I use on Facebook.

You’re welcome.

It was something SAIC developed with (ie bought from) some Chinese company (probably called something like People’s Honourable Shining Keenwank Diesel Engine and Poison Gas Nursery Clothing Concern Limited) that was only ever fitted to the MG6 so, you know, good luck and all. 

7 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

whats that 6 cylinder inlet manifold on the dash for?

When I was flicking through the manual to find that up arrow light (it wasn't in there!), it said either it was in neutral or that neutral needed selecting. 

11 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Puncture tonight. Fortunately the run flats meant that I could finish my £14 fare and drive to a nearby McDonald's car park to put the spare on. 

Bloody crap, badly made MG tyres. Good job spares are readily available.

They're quite a common size, I paid something like £90 a corner for Michelin PS4 for my Audi, I reckon ditchfinders should be achievable for £40 or so.

Everything comes on 18,19 or 20 wheels nowadays so actually a 225/40/18 is like trying to buy a 205/55/16 in 2005.

1 hour ago, Dave_Q said:

They're quite a common size, I paid something like £90 a corner for Michelin PS4 for my Audi, I reckon ditchfinders should be achievable for £40 or so.

Everything comes on 18,19 or 20 wheels nowadays so actually a 225/40/18 is like trying to buy a 205/55/16 in 2005.

£50. Not bad really. 

On 01/01/2024 at 23:44, warren t claim said:

So let's just take a moment to put things into perspective here.

I'm going to work and put my entire short term financial future into an eight and a half year old MG6 and subject it to at least 1000 miles a week of pretty demanding taxi use.

The things I do for you lot.

I think I need to elaborate a little on this surprisingly well like comment. 

My E7 needs replating this month  so along with my normal expenses, plus another £100 a week to rent the MG, I've also got to drag another £1500 out of the next few weeks. This MG is going to be seriously beaten hard. 

812.2 miles covered so far. 

mg5.png.b74a0c74b542c76a10ea8424bbe79ac6.png

Yes I know we've been together for less than a week, and I do understand not to rush things in any new car relationship, but I do think that it's healthy for a man and car to be open with each other regarding needs and desires in the bedroom/garage. 

I totally understand that you all think that I'm rushing into things by taking her to a sex shop after only a few days but I want our relationship to be secure enough for there to be no shame in us sharing our deepest fantasies with one another.