The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My cousin has been suspended from his jop as a supervisor.

His crime? Telling a couple of Eastern Europeans to get back to work - they were skiving.

Naturally they played the race card.

This country is going to hell in a handcart.

Thats just a bucket of arse biscuits - suspended for that! fuck me sideways

My cousin has been suspended from his jop as a supervisor.

Is he a member of a trade union?  Call them first thing tomorrow.

If not...

http://www.acas.org.uk/helpline

http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/k/b/Acas_Code_of_Practice_1_on_disciplinary_and_grievance_procedures-accessible-version-Jul-2012.pdf

Thats just a bucket of arse biscuits - suspended for that! fuck me sideways

I have a friend who works at Kellogs,Wrexham on the "Winders" production line

Most of the workforce are Portgugese with a Brit as a supervisor

2 of them started arguing,super goes over to sort it out and gets a knife shoved in his face !

Guess which 1 got suspended .........

How did you mount it in the end?

If you mean the lights then it's just a pair 'L' brackets that are held in place with the number plate screws. I need to modify them somehow though as there isn't much lateral support, I can rotate them by hand. The design I posted a thread about a few months ago wouldn't really work with the Swift as the front end has quite a curve to it that I hadn't really noticed before.

If you mean the ground wire, I haven't yet. I'm just going to make my own ground strap that will fit over a screw/bolt that manufacturers actually use in cars.

(I've mounted them lower than this now)

DSC_4935_zpsgbdby6x1.jpg

0521 off Oban to Glasgow this morning for the railways, 0501 sign on time. Leave depot at 0200, arrive Oban at 0415 to have 45mins tacho break before the southbound leg. Phone control at 0501 to book on.

"Whit the fuck are ya doin' up at this time ya lunatic?" says controller Gus.
"At Oban for the 0521 for you cunts" says I.
"Whit fur? Train's runnin', away hame." says he. And the phone went down.

CUNTS.

"I was most upset this morning; I was under the impression I was driving the rail replacement bus to Oban, but a full train service was already in operation. What twats they are."

More or less. The grump was driving empty 110 miles at 2am to start a duty, then having to drive 110 miles empty back 'cos the bellends never told us they got a guard to operate the train yesterday afternoon.

You have my commiserations. I thought I was going to have the day off work* today but it was cancelled at the last minute. I had planned a picnic by the sea with the kids and instead I was called in at 5am with next to no notice!  Major grump.

*I'm a train guard in Oban.

You have my commiserations. I thought I was going to have the day off work* today but it was cancelled at the last minute. I had planned a picnic by the sea with the kids and instead I was called in at 5am with next to no notice! Major grump.

*I'm a train guard in Oban.

Had I known I'd have ranted IN YOUR FACE.

Not aimed at the guard... just control... as usual... :)

You'll never believe this but my grandfather was a train guard based in Arrochar in the 1940's. True!

They say it's a small world... if it's any consolation about four years ago I was tracing my family tree - I found out my great, great, great grandfather was a horse-drawn stagecoach driver from Houston, just down the road. At the time I was doing my family tree I did 6-days a week driving the bus which linked Paisley and Bridge of Weir... via Houston. To date it appears we were the only two people in the entire family involved in public transport.

This came in to the garage under the office today for an MOT:

F40_zpsfqqmodpd.jpg

So what is the grump?

The fact that I don't have £875,000 to buy one? 

No,

How in the name of F**k did these get to be 26 years old? Have I been in suspended animation for the last 15 years?

Grrrr I am officially old

This came in to the garage under the office today for an MOT:

F40_zpsfqqmodpd.jpg

So what is the grump?

The fact that I don't have £875,000 to buy one? 

No,

How in the name of F**k did these get to be 26 years old? Have I been in suspended animation for the last 15 years?

Grrrr I am officially old

I really doubt the owner of a genuine F40 would leave it those surroundings... I'm sure 100% of genuine F40's only go to garages that have spotless white tiled floors.

Got a call from swmbo at 4.45 saying her blood sugar is very high and shes waiting at the doctors to be seen. I could hear eva being loud in the background.

Get out of work (helps having a boss who has had 2 kids) and toe it home to the doctors (the steering goes really light and the clonking noises stop ay an indicated 105, modern drivers dont like being audi-d out the way by a 21yo battered shitroen)

Get to the docs within 20 minutes (a record in itself, dont tell plod) , ask the receptionist which room shes in and shes standimg behind me...

Been seen, got to check again in 4 hours and rest. Ffs. The one time i domt panic and rush will be the time something serious happens...