The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Further to my previous grumps about BT and our non-op WiFi, suffice to say it still isn't working, with the router now refusing the password and showing all kinds of error lights.

Several long phone calls: Achieved Nothing

Logging a complaint: Also Nothing

0/10 on their Feedback form; Also Nothing

The phone line is back on, so I guess you could say they fixed that, but still no broadband. They sorta think the router is faulty, maybe. The only way they could provide a replacement is by us signing a whole new contract. Even though they completely failed to fix the service, they tried to sell me a new service. And the only thing the complaint has done is them pestering me to agree to close the complaint. They literally couldn't have cared less.

They also offered, as part of the new package, their premium service which is priority fault fixing (lol!) and UK only call centers, which suggest to me they obviously believe the centers in India or whatever are inadequate but they only care if you're willing to pay an 40% a month.

This all leaves me with a much bigger mobile bill, due to all the 4G I've had to use, and in the soul destroying world of shopping for broadband. Also, the only reason I've been able to tell BT to FRO is because we're out of contract, despite never missing a bill or anything. Literally no idea what that is about.

What we need is an additive which is perfectly legit and sensible for a lawnmower but not so good for cars.

2 stroke oil! Especially in a nice rich mix. A lawnmower won't care about it apart from being smokey. Where as a car will be a bit smokey...

Cat will take time to bugger up. Likely the O2 sensor will kick the bucket first and throw up an EML.

Plausible deniability is that you mixed up fuel between your 2st mix for garden tools and mower fuel.

How did the eye business go, SiC?

Went to pharmacist and he sold me chloramphenicol (i.e. antibiotics). He reckoned it was conjunctivitis just starting. Annoying but hopefully will nip it in the bud quicker. Said to avoid welding this weekend until it clears up a bit. Not that I've got time now this weekend for any unfortunately. :(

I did walk around the corner and book the MGB in for an MOT on Monday. :o

Thanks for asking though!

Or wait til he turns up and say "stop fucking taking my grandad for a ride you freeloading cunt".

Pissing about with something that's going to damage a car and not a mower? Jesus wept. Tell him you know he's fucking about and he can pack it in immediately or find some other mug to rob

...or as well as sacking him you'll spread the word about what he's been doing all over Facebook, Mumsnet, Watchdog etc and to every gossiping local twat as well. 

You may recall 'my garage;' problem. I e-mailed Colin about his Jeep and requested it be out of the garage by the end of this month. He replied that was no problem. It's now the 29th and guess what...

Yep, still there and no message and not answering my messages.

people are taking the piss in grand style. So I have decided to send him a message: ' Cheers Colin, not sure how you got in the garage but thanks all the same for moving the Jeep. Means I don't have to tax the Jaguar now and can put it away for the winter. All the best, Dave.;

What do you think the response will be?

You may recall 'my garage;' problem. I e-mailed Colin about his Jeep and requested it be out of the garage by the end of this month. He replied that was no problem. It's now the 29th and guess what...

people are taking the piss in grand style. So I have decided to send him a message: ' Cheers Colin, not sure how you got in the garage but thanks all the same for moving the Jeep. Means I don't have to tax the Jaguar now and can put it away for the winter. All the best, Dave.;

Probably the same as the responses you've been getting so far.Sublety is wasted on that sort of person.

Does Colin want a conkah?

Threaten to tow it to the scrapper.

So this jeep, is it a nice one and is it on LPG? I could have a solution to your problem..

I am sorely tempted... but it's not in my nature and I would feel a proper c))t for the rest of my life if I did. I shall have to tax the bloody thing on Monday just so it can sit outside in the rain/sunshine.

No.  You don't.  He does, if he wants to avoid it being lifted.

Put it out on the street and send him a photo.

He'd probably spin a sob story and get you grandad to help pay for it.

I'm with the telling him to jog on route. If you haven't already had the 'conversation' it might be a good sign to look at power of attorney / his finances. My other half's grandad was being taken for a ride by any old salesman, everything now goes through her aunt, imo as harsh as it may seem its a small freedom to infringe to enable them to live independently for far longer if it's one less thing to cause stress / problems.

He'd probably spin a sob story and get you grandad to help pay for it.

I'm with the telling him to jog on route. If you haven't already had the 'conversation' it might be a good sign to look at power of attorney / his finances. My other half's grandad was being taken for a ride by any old salesman, everything now goes through her aunt, imo as harsh as it may seem its a small freedom to infringe to enable them to live independently for far longer if it's one less thing to cause stress / problems.

Our next door neighbour had a new conservatory, new windows, solar panels, a roller shutter door for the garage, new drive and a few other bits all between 80 and her popping her clogs, none of them needed. Not sure if she was gullible or just liked workmen around to talk to as the family never visited.

Our lass rang me last night "Dave, my car sounds a bit funny, grinding when I brake"

I asked her if it drove OK and she said yes, so I said it'll be alright while you get home - I put new disks and pads on a few months ago.

Ran it round the block this morning and jesus fucking christ - The brakes don't work, and pulls to the right so hard it takes both hands on the steering wheel to make it drive straight.

Many years ago a twat left a car in my yard 'just for the night' and after an eternity I needed to drag it onto the Queens highway, on my tod in the pissing rain and challenged by steering lock and flat tyres I had to cut the seatbelts for towropes and pull the back seat for a buffer. I was the bad guy and it seemed that I might never hear the end of it. If there's ever a next time, I'll cut the offending vehicle in half to make it easier to handle.

Our next door neighbour had a new conservatory, new windows, solar panels, a roller shutter door for the garage, new drive and a few other bits all between 80 and her popping her clogs, none of them needed. Not sure if she was gullible or just liked workmen around to talk to as the family never visited.

I used to work with a tree surgeon doing domestic tree work, a number of lonely old people had us doing jobs that didn't really need to be done and I think that loneliness was the reason, it's very sad.

I used to work with a tree surgeon doing domestic tree work, a number of lonely old people had us doing jobs that didn't really need to be done and I think that loneliness was the reason, it's very sad.

Very much so, however in the case of my neighbour she was so foul that she had upset everyone in the street to the point that she featured on neighbours from hell for her feud with a lady up the street.