The thread for admitting 'sad bastard' stuff...

xtriple

I took apart the dash board of the most recent acquisition and pulled the air vents apart and rebuilt them because they weren't all clicked together and lined up properly, also ordered a new bulb for the dash clock to be fitted while it's apart. 

There are more pressing issues.

14 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

My own problem is I collect "stuff", no rhyme, reason, or theme. I like buying it and looking at it, until inevitably I'm drowning in stuff. Then I try to thin it out (I hate dealing with people so that's the hard bit) and end up buying more to replace/go with it.

I am very like that, I buy stuff 'cos I want it, then once I've got it I realise I didn't really want it in the first place, I have nowhere to keep it and no use for it. At this point, the sensible thing to do would be to get shot, but I don't, I keep it, neglect it and ultimately, forget I own it.

One day, I run across said purchase, am amazed that I own/have one and am deliriously happy at my forgotten treasure.

I remove wheel trims and paint the steels black on virtually every car I own, even if I'm putting the wheel trims back on. But then I think anyone who knows me knows that. 

I also like debadging / rebadging cars as an alternative version / make. I tried to make my Nissan Sunny look like a Mk2  Alfa Arna (even though there was no such thing.)

I wear socks even when wearing shorts. 

Actually, I have loads of weird ways, ask anyone who knows me. But I often leave cupboard doors open and that really annoys people... 

On 8/24/2019 at 2:19 PM, Mally said:

It was freezing in my Reliant.

Celluloid side windows and no window in the back because my mate put his elbow through it.

You've never lived you lot :)

https://nationalmotormuseum.org.uk/vehicle-collection/reliant-regal-2/

Hmmm...using an inflation calculator it seems that £362 in 1953 would be just about £9800. That's a bASe Sandero and a lot of change, or almost Duster money.

Whenever I buy a new car I always clean the outside of the reservoirs for the brake fluid etc. How you are meant to top them up when there’s a load of shit waiting to fall in the fluid I’ll never know. 

I also like the Spanish Fuel retailer CEPSA stickers as well. I’ve a supply of them and for some bizarre reason I feel compelled to apply them to my cars

Im also one of these paralysed by indecision when it comes to where to keep tools. 

Another one I do constantly, not just my car but every car on the road I pass or see parked, I read the number plates then see what I can make of them. Numbers are easy, the letters into words, less so. It seems I have always done that....

8 hours ago, TataBobu said:

Hmmm...using an inflation calculator it seems that £362 in 1953 would be just about £9800. That's a bASe Sandero and a lot of change, or almost Duster money.

I bought it in 1962 for £80.

I was the only 16 year old for miles with a car.

The front seat tipped, a la Minor 1000.

Made things difficult on the back one at times.