eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

33 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Not sure if this is a joke advert or not...

332116095_6280594821960772_1670340203918

I think these trains are being replaced by new units this year from a quick google last service to be using these trains.

9 minutes ago, Blunderguts said:

Wants leaving alone to annoy the concourse lot.

totally, I'm sure Barrett will have a view, but that's bob on for oily rag status. Pretend to be Danny Champion of the World.

16 hours ago, barrett said:

Doesn't look low to me. Springs might have flattened out a little over the years, but that's pretty much just how those Flying Standards look

eb159af3204dbbd1a68d308902f0bf1d.jpg

These have an 'underslung ' chassis,  in that both leaf springs and chassis pass beneath the back axle.

It was one of those Pre-War car things -  it sought to lower the center of gravity by inverting the axle to above the chassis. Unitary construction rendered the idea obsolete.

Like slow-revving long stroke engines, because of the RAC horsepower tax based on engine cylinder dimensions,  these features rendered British cars unsuitable for a lot of export markets - where decent ground clearance and powerful engines were needed.

This allowed US and some European marques to expand world sales at the expense of British cars in the 30's. 

A lot of these cars are charming to drive but totally gutless.

Typical set-up:

Screenshot_20230303-164813_Chrome.jpg.f006f150c2482ac994881769fe0bd476.jpg