eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

33 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Not sure if this is a joke advert or not...

332116095_6280594821960772_1670340203918

I think these trains are being replaced by new units this year from a quick google last service to be using these trains.

9 minutes ago, Blunderguts said:

Wants leaving alone to annoy the concourse lot.

totally, I'm sure Barrett will have a view, but that's bob on for oily rag status. Pretend to be Danny Champion of the World.

16 hours ago, barrett said:

Doesn't look low to me. Springs might have flattened out a little over the years, but that's pretty much just how those Flying Standards look

eb159af3204dbbd1a68d308902f0bf1d.jpg

These have an 'underslung ' chassis,  in that both leaf springs and chassis pass beneath the back axle.

It was one of those Pre-War car things -  it sought to lower the center of gravity by inverting the axle to above the chassis. Unitary construction rendered the idea obsolete.

Like slow-revving long stroke engines, because of the RAC horsepower tax based on engine cylinder dimensions,  these features rendered British cars unsuitable for a lot of export markets - where decent ground clearance and powerful engines were needed.

This allowed US and some European marques to expand world sales at the expense of British cars in the 30's. 

A lot of these cars are charming to drive but totally gutless.

Typical set-up:

Screenshot_20230303-164813_Chrome.jpg.f006f150c2482ac994881769fe0bd476.jpg

3 hours ago, egg said:

I think these trains are being replaced by new units this year from a quick google last service to be using these trains.

Yes they're definitely being phased out (on GA network at least) but why would some random dude on Facebook have one for sale?