eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

18 hours ago, Schaefft said:

This was on ebay for year being sold by a totally not dodgy east london seller...

38 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

This 75 looks cheap, but the advert photos show it wearing three different number plates, which is a little odd.  Maybe @LightBulbFun can get his special tool on the case?

s-l1600.jpg

T20VER is on retention last on that Rover which is now LD52TEO that much I can tell with the free tools I have on hand

the 1 other plates I suspect was on this Rover as well but is now on something else

(but the ol Special tool, is low on credit and im getting double teamed by Rent and driving lessons, so im trying to stretch the £7 worth of credit I have left for as long as I can/save it for important/urgent matters etc)

so I cant currently generate you a nice number plate and keeper count list sadly

speaking of number plate oddities tho, this one caught my eye a few days ago

On 30/07/2021 at 17:44, cort16 said:

I know nothing about anything built before 1970. I take it these related to the Morris Oxford?

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224550872745?hash=item34484666a9:g:2iYAAOSwuvRhAbc-

V5c with good original transferrable registration number

image.thumb.png.290b60177a0de8a9c1e31eb6304ccaaa.png

because 596JLA is quite clearly/obviously not its original number

the first, numbers first letters second reverse plates where not issued until 1953 when the car is registered 1952

and xxxJLA was never issued in period, but I dont think its a DVLC/DVLA age related number

what I suspect it is, is a rare county council age related number, you dont often see those, as Plate robbery only really kicked into gear in the 1980's long after the DVLC took over

but number plate transfers and historic vehicle registrations have always been a thing, so county councils did have their individual reserve of number plates to issue as replacement plates

(some where even 4 digit 2 letter or even 4 digit 1 letter marks!)

makes me wonder what its original number was that someone deemed it worthy to transfer off it back in the 1960s or 1970's!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284395690387

s-l1600.jpg

Not many left and very much worth anything from 10k to 15k restored

You're underselling it chief, I'd say these are worth 6 figures for a really nice one, easy

had it since it was 3 years old. Unfortunately because of the fuel change I took the engine apart to fix to use unleaded petrol but due to being disabled now I couldn't get it Finnish

Check out his 'unleaded conversion'

s-l1600.jpg

I'm 99% certain these are fine on unleaded anyway LOL

Was going to change it to full electric

50 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

'Kinell.

@TripleRichFancy taking on another?

5508F1FC12A70C18130AEFC90825856E.JPG

9 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Blimey, there's some crusty stuff in there - about the only one that looks like it might have half a chance is the Volvo estate.  But what about this?  Can't be many about any more.

https://www.auctionmarts.com/Lot/YTIxMTMyODItNmNiNi00NWRkLWI1MjktYmMxNTE4ZTljYTFh

A8EFF2F0B6C2B48F1AA00B3F7616C5AB.JPG