Styled in Italy, built in Britain - The story of the blue Ital Van

trigger

Spot on is this Van, time warp.

They were a good old workhorse and if I remember correctly the heater was one of the great features. Get those A Series working hard and generating some heat and you could get as cosy as toast in that cab on a cold winters day.

The rasp of the exhaust came close to a modern day 'boom and burble' back box when it resonated through an empty van.

The exhaust sounds mega nice to be fair! unfortunately you can't breath behind it for the amount of smoke coming from it, it's running far too rich, i was in tears it was coming out so bad! The trouble is the van could do with a bit of an Italian tune up but with no mot etc i can't even drive it! I had it running for about 15 mins and the temperature gauge went up but the heaters never kicked in, I'm not sure why yet, the fuel gauge isn't working either but that could be stuck from the stale fuel that was inside it.

Thanks for the bulb offer Matt, I'll probably just leave this though, i probably won't use the light much anyway.

Out 'kin standing work

So back to the photos, which I've just discovered is mega annoying uploading now from the PC as it's only allowing me to upload one at a time?! anyway i digress...

windows 10?

google "windows 10 flash player"

disabled in edge and chrome by default for some absurd reason, probably microshaft and adobe falling out for some reason

Fantastic outcome so far - sparkly stick action done/expected when? This'll look fantastic out and about again - will it work at all for it's upkeep or just a useful tool to have?

Thank you, I still have the lower lower rear quarter to patch on the near side and a little bit on the bottom of the wing but that's all, hopefully my tamed welder mate is coming over tonight to finish that job then i can prep it for paint.

windows 10?

google "windows 10 flash player"

disabled in edge and chrome by default for some absurd reason, probably microshaft and adobe falling out for some reason

You star! It was disabled on this website, now it's working :) Thanks!

I'm not overly impressed though as it seems they haven't replaced the valves going buy my silver paint still on them, I probably should take them back but I can't be arsed and I'll have to scrape the paint off a blade, those valves are over 30 years old too.

Change the valves mate, they perish, & if your lucky, leak, if not, suddenly pop off, & that's the last thing you want going round a corner or driving at speed.

Change em, even if you have to pay.

My tame mechanic regularly fails my cars on perished tyre valves.

That HE bloody fitted. Usually the year before.

I would say if yours have lasted 30 years then they are probably better than the ebay £20 for a bag of 500 shit people fit now.

Thanks you! My mate came over Tuesday night and finished the welding for me, technically I could mot now but I'm going to finish the bodywork first.

There's a couple of tiny holes I'll fiberglass as they were to awkward to weld and we was up against the time a bit and i have some grinding still to do but it should look good once done.

6ebc99e88a88fa461fb15ed1d364f9b7.jpg

a39314c196205850ed60d3c5d43f19e5.jpg

75307a87df5a193d7ce4ef6d82a1a100.jpg

Cor! Look at that! I wonder if it's a late registered Marina? Mind you they was technically called a Morris 440/575 by that point, I think that's a 440?

I've been allowed to go out side this afternoon and do some filler work, it's looking surprisingly good! The photos don't really do it any justice.

e602c048814f0e255b0b8a78f4b1d9da.jpg

15ee6d1647b75c8cf34f19095f82864f.jpg

This is just the first coat of etch primer, I'm currently sat in the garage getting high on paint fumes and listening to Fleetwood Mac whilst waiting for paint to dry.

I'm really living the dream.

28b1293dd82a05761ed44b7bdfa9e352.jpg

2487865e1359cd401815404051c907a1.jpg

i would be willing to put money on that blue van above been an Ital with a Marina's front grill and headlamps, as it has Ital door handles on both sides.

i don't think that Ital handles are interchangeable with Marina/Allegro/Range Rover or Lotus Esprit ones.

and good work Trig on that van, she's coming along in leaps and bounds, i am really looking forward to it been back on the road where it belongs!

This afternoon I went into the garage, put on a bit of old skool garage on Spotify and cracked on with painting this bad boy.

I'm really pleased with how well the repairs have come out, a good flat and mop will see it looking spot on, unlike my crappy phone photos.

9e654afa7be3b8a37bcb151c803b2734.jpg

034b7dc48f552f686d21c5da2fe367af.jpg

5e345003704fa2bc3fbb8619f40fbddd.jpg

b923505e931f4351ed02c0b5c00a86f1.jpg

31e8cf38f80c3d02a3df2ab19ec20c5f.jpg

20403f8ada7b107f0eccdd3552547d37.jpg

I might be useless at most things but polishing a turd is one thing i seem to have got the hang off, hopefully it will still look just as good once it's outside!