V8 itch.

chaseracer

Well, a V8 can be dressed up to be many different engines.

From the tuned length exhaust ultra-smooth voooOOOOM to the pleckl-frep-brep-papap-bRAAAAAAAAP lumpy cam wide open monster to the blep-blep-blep-HRrRRRrRRRrRRR standard exhaust slightly off-tune everyday engine, the options are endless.

I would suggest pick one or both of the options. The noise, or the torque or both. Then go shopping to see what fits the chosen option(s)*.

Phil

*Eddy's Caddy.

Eddy we need to her your Caddy RUmble if that wont convince nothing will :roll:

The time and place to hear it is from cold, in the alley behind my house.   You get that subtle chuff from the port bank exhaust manifold, and it bounces off the surrounding walls.  Dictionary definition of Addictive!

I have had a couple of V12s, but they do not cut the mustard (87 XJS and 97 BMW 750iL) - both too quiet and smooth. Then I got the V8 urge which I have* well and truly scratched.

I currently have 6 V8s from smooth and wafty to LOUD.

72 P6 3500 Auto - Smooth and wafty and soon for sale (3.5l)

68 P5B Saloon - Super smooth and wafty (3.5l)

78 Bentley T2 Turbo - smooth wafty and fast with a nice exhaust note (6.75l)

97 X308 3.2 sport - Smooth and wafty (3.2l)

01 Holden Suburban - smooth and wafty and BIG (5.7l)

Cobra - not smooth, not wafty, LOUD and scary (7l)

That is nearly 30 litres and 48 cylinders. I am not cured.

Oh, I am poor though......

I've had the v8s too, the noise is so good, first one was a cadillac Fleetwood RWD with the 4.1 v8. It sounded fantastic but a fiat 126 was probably quicker. Then another caddy Fleetwood with the 5.0 that felt leagues quicker and sounded good, but was a twat to start from cold, then I got a merc W126 500se. C reg it was a flying machine lovely to drive. That wasn't load enough though so I hacked the exhaust to bits with a angle grinder, sounded lovely.

Well, a V8 can be dressed up to be many different engines.

From the tuned length exhaust ultra-smooth voooOOOOM to the pleckl-frep-brep-papap-bRAAAAAAAAP lumpy cam wide open monster to the blep-blep-blep-HRrRRRrRRRrRRR standard exhaust slightly off-tune everyday engine, the options are endless.

I would suggest pick one or both of the options. The noise, or the torque or both. Then go shopping to see what fits the chosen option(s)*.

Phil

*Eddy's Caddy.

You forgot to mention the desirable and terminally cool rudurudurudurudu...

In about 1993, I had a Range Rover 3.5; Stag 3.0; MGBGTV8 3.5; and, a Jensen Intercepter III 7.2 - all at the same time.

Currently 735i and 740iL. Can't beat a V8

None of those emits the desirable and terminally cool rudurudurudurudu...

Although I mustard mitt that the Stag V8 is the best sounding of all evah.

Stags and Range Rovers 

I am in more than balls deep

Stag, kin gorgeous engine but fragile and expensive to fix 

Range Rover with 3.9 and stainless exhaust system is my daily

This one is redshed - the next project with a hole in the exhaust

The Shiter's weapon of choice can only be the Bentley Arnage Green Label. With a BMW V8 engine in basically a Rolls-Royce everything else, then you can truly have the worst of both worlds :)

Standing at the bus stop this morning a 68 plate continental came past making me drag my eyes up from my phone , it looked and sounded fantastic , didn't know they had a new one out

I've had the V8 in a few flavours….

LS400 - fantastic barge and engine that just keeps on keeping on - most reliable V8 you can get I reckon.

P6 and SD1 - sound lovely and  woofly…. just rollin man...….

BGT - RR transplant - horrid conversion - but fuck me it could fly!

Cadillac STS - only borrowed from a friend for a few months - one word - CORNERS!!!

68 Harvester International Jeep - just don't!

AMG Mercedes - just insane - tear your heart out lovely and to die for (or in!)

XJ12 scared cured me of het V12 lust...……

If I could find a Syclone for decent money I'd be rocking one of them for the insane V6 too - missed that group out so far.....

But it never goes away, I'm now pondering the Super8 in the liability thread - but also keep searching the S8's for the Lamborghini engined behemoths…… V10 here I come (I hope)

Scratch Jag itch and V8 itch in one go? Hmmmm.......

Do it!

Ignore the doubters I find Jags easy to work on, much easier than say a Saab or a *spits* renault