Youtube moments

Volksy

Been following the head gasket replacement series on this, I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Genuine, no nonsense proper mechanic-ing. 

Thats just one video from the series, there are plenty more. 

There are very few content creators that I actually enjoy following and can easily sit through every video, watch it from start to finish and then anticipate the next one. This channel is definitely one of those!

Have we had this one, Bran fond Jelly Mould.....

Just recently discovered this channel Josh is a very laid back youtuber/mechanic makes a good video. This is a bit unusual in that he has a group of friends with him as the Sierra rescue is quite involved, lots of Car-dening is needed to free it from the knackered shed its hidden in!  

11 hours ago, Marina door handles said:

Have we had this one, Bran fond Jelly Mould.....

Just recently discovered this channel Josh is a very laid back youtuber/mechanic makes a good video. This is a bit unusual in that he has a group of friends with him as the Sierra rescue is quite involved, lots of Car-dening is needed to free it from the knackered shed its hidden in!  

His recent video on repairing the subframe mounts on that e28 was quite good. That's what killed my M535i, he made it look quite easy (i'm sure its not) but I couldn't get anyone to touch it at the time .

I see vicegrip garage has been pumping out 2-3 hour long videos. Not sure if its for youtube algorithm reasons but its too long to keep my attention even watching it  in parts. 

11 hours ago, cort16 said:

His recent video on repairing the subframe mounts on that e28 was quite good. That's what killed my M535i, he made it look quite easy (i'm sure its not) but I couldn't get anyone to touch it at the time .

That's actually how I found Josh, I really like E28s and still miss my old one. I actually watched the AutoAlexV2 E28 vid (I was mentally prepared to endure annoying Alex and apart from a thirty second commercial he didn't appear on it, the whole video was fronted by his tame Mechanic Taylor who is way better on camera! ) . If anyone else is Interested here are the E28 vids.....

Honestly better videos than the thumbnails suggest.....

We've probably had this before, but what is this garth driving at around 0.46; surely it can't be a Trevi?

Sorry not sorry.  Crazy Man is a top Prodigy tune. 

17 minutes ago, egg said:

Harry's Garage has been annoying me lately, but this was a bit of a treat, I thought.

I didn't realise such a garage/place like that still exists/survives in Central London, I wonder what they might make of the words "Steyr Puch"....

On 01/03/2024 at 23:03, RoverFolkUs said:

Been following the head gasket replacement series on this, I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Genuine, no nonsense proper mechanic-ing. 

Thats just one video from the series, there are plenty more. 

There are very few content creators that I actually enjoy following and can easily sit through every video, watch it from start to finish and then anticipate the next one. This channel is definitely one of those!

I stopped watching those. His dad is fantastic though and I really wish it was just him in the videos. 

18 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I didn't realise such a garage/place like that still exists/survives in Central London, I wonder what they might make of the words "Steyr Puch"....

I'd imagine they'd be fine with it. But seems like getting a slot with them seems quite hard. 

This is pretty cool actually, Aussie built US police spec Caprice rolling with a 350bhp V8 and on steelies. I can see the appeal here.

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

V6  Alfa Romeo engine in a 2CV. It is in Dutch, so subtitles could well be needed. Ironically when they are on and the car accelerates it says there is music. Being a Alfa V6 that is true.😄

It's in Dutch but you can kind of get the gist of it.

"I'm a mad cunt who put a V6 in it. It has perfect weight distribution as I had to put the gearbox in the back. It's hard to get insurance on but it's possible. But when you see it in action, it doesn't feel mad, it feels right".

All the gear & no idea,  nother one who probably thinks it'll be worth a fortune when done.

Love how they all watch wanker dealers & YouTube & think it's gunna be a doddle & take a few weeks.

Presume this is the one that was on eBay that looked like it had been stored on the titanic.

Even I wouldn't bother with this one & I've saved ( doing one at mo) so real basket cases.

50 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

All the gear & no idea,  nother one who probably thinks it'll be worth a fortune when done.

Love how they all watch wanker dealers & YouTube & think it's gunna be a doddle & take a few weeks.

Presume this is the one that was on eBay that looked like it had been stored on the titanic.

Even I wouldn't bother with this one & I've saved ( doing one at mo) so real basket cases.

I think he bought it from another YouTuber. They’re probably still laughing. Would love to see some you’ve saved, what would you do with mine?

My crayford needed 2 full length floor pans a full boot floor, full rear wing, bulkhead ends, full scuttle  & an engine, it's the only 1.6 auto that was done (9 of 28).

Spent a long time on the east coast ( 5 years with roof in tatters) in a carpark on a caravan site. Then 2 in a garden sunk to axles.

My bakkie needed full floor ,full chassis rail the front leaf spring mount had ripped out of chassis rail, both front subframe extension's, a full scuttle , full load box made from scratch ( when I bought it in the early 90's it was the only one known of in the UK, the original owner imported it when 3 years old when he returned to the UK it spent its life in Cornwall mostly in the sea I think).

I'm doing the mo saloon to pick up conversion on here somewhere for my mate.

Floor/sills had fallen out,no cab back obviously, repair/make B posts & a load bed (stepside style).

I get a kick from saving basket case oddballs especially when experts say not worth it,waste of time etc.

Done all sorts over the years.

Wether standard or modified,

What's wrong with yours pm some pics,

Would love to see some pics of your Crayford .  Problems with mine are paintwork and it being generally heavy and not nice to drive. I’ve driven another, so I know it’s not just me forgetting how they drive after 30 years since my last. 

The real problem is me I reckon. Physically not able to do much these days, which has come rather earlier than I expected. Still, I hope to make some progress with it this year.

I hate doing bodywork, if it wasn't so expensive/hard to find it would be easy to fit you pas.

The steering is very heavy on crayford dunno why even original owner said it's why he sold it after a year &  bought another one.

Hopefully Inc is a pic of a pic of it as poor thing is buried in garage with bakkie &  the  1.6L saloon my father bought new.IMG_20240322_003658.jpg.0a8fa8f61a9baa51cfb2aef832f5ef4a.jpg

Brilliant, thank you. My Dad had 3 Cortinas from new, company cars. His boss borrowed his Mk5 for a couple of weeks, as he needed an estate., so Dad got he boss’s car. We thought the boss’s crystal green (?) 2.0 Ghia auto saloon was the dogs watsits with sunroof! Dad thought his 1.6 Auto estate was livelier. Maybe better sound insulation gave false pretension? Anyway, love Cortinas and hope to sort mine or will move it on.