Jump to content

Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT


Kiltox

Recommended Posts

Just now, warren t claim said:

As a 53 year old git I use YouTube as purely a watching exercise. I very rarely feel the need to comment on anything I watch.

Nothing wrong with that. Commenting, clicking like etc helps boost a video because YouTube likes interaction/engagement - but watch time is king at the end of the day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I get so many emails from random Chinese companies asking me to review their tat.  I've done it a few times and nobody watches the videos, so it's actually pretty harmful to the channel, but they just keep on coming.

Decided for 2024 I'm going to shake it up a bit - accept absolutely everything they send to me no matter how stupid or irrelevant it is, and make compilation videos unboxing/laughing at/demonstrating it 

This guy does a good job of it for tech stuff:
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s YouTube Shenanigans - 28/12/2023 - BRING OUT YOUR TAT
14 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

I get so many emails from random Chinese companies asking me to review their tat.  I've done it a few times and nobody watches the videos, so it's actually pretty harmful to the channel, but they just keep on coming.

Decided for 2024 I'm going to shake it up a bit - accept absolutely everything they send to me no matter how stupid or irrelevant it is, and make compilation videos unboxing/laughing at/demonstrating it 

This guy does a good job of it for tech stuff:
 

 

If it gets small view numbers and damages the channel, why do it?

Or are you going to use a different channel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Cookiesouwest said:

If it gets small view numbers and damages the channel, why do it?

Or are you going to use a different channel?

Idea being I do it less frequently and try to make it more interesting rather than producing lots of videos dedicated to single products (which are what doesn’t do well) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the video looks like a shill review for tat, people aren't going to watch.

If it looks like a comedy compilation of "here's the worst tat I got sent this quarter" then I might watch.

Would you need to confirm with the tat senders that they are OK with their product being presented in a somewhat irreverent fashion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

If it looks like a comedy compilation of "here's the worst tat I got sent this quarter" then I might watch.

Would you need to confirm with the tat senders that they are OK with their product being presented in a somewhat irreverent fashion?

Definitely more in line with what I’m considering. I’ve told them they’ll appear alongside other products…. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...