Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

1 hour ago, chaseracer said:

That's Hednesford Raceway, just up the road from Chaseracer Towers.  By all accounts, the Eventer was utterly hanging.  @Pieman may know more.

The Eventer was raced in January 2000 at Hednesford by Marc Watkins - perhaps thankfully the only Eventer ever to be bangered.  It took part in the first ever North v South "Civil War" event, and secured the overall win for the North by winning the last event of the day.

On 3/14/2020 at 7:46 AM, chaseracer said:

Essentially a Renault 12 under the skin. The similarities are more obvious with the 4 door version:

1969 Ford Corcel (Brazil)

22 hours ago, Andy F said:

This just appeared on Facebook market place. Yikes, I think it was as startled to see me looking at it  as I was looking at it! Lancia Thesis. This one was a 2.4 jtd 2005 for £800. Luckily I can't find the advert now 

Guessing it's based on an Alfa 166

Screenshot_20200316-175402.png

Screenshot_20200316-175408.png

Maybe because the UK has not seen a Lancia sold new for many many years.

Thesis was designed with its own chassis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancia_Thesis

You can purchase this far more expensive example.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1168082

On 3/13/2020 at 8:25 PM, sheffcortinacentre said:

I know it's Thiers to do with as these please, I just don't understood how you can get pride from destroying something .

On 3/13/2020 at 10:37 PM, Pieman said:

The Eventer was raced in January 2000 at Hednesford by Marc Watkins - perhaps thankfully the only Eventer ever to be bangered.  It took part in the first ever North v South "Civil War" event, and secured the overall win for the North by winning the last event of the day.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:37 PM, Magnificent Rustbucket said:

I'm surprised an Eventer was ever cheap enough to be bangered. I don't remember them being down to 'throw away' money like the ordinary XJ-S and the XJ saloons. I guess the man was prepared to spend a bit to race a rarity.

On 3/14/2020 at 7:16 AM, Sir Snipes said:

Maybe it was only fit for the oval, for one reason or another

I was there. I don't know how much the driver paid for it, but it was ABSOLUTELY hanging. The photo above makes it look a lot better than it was; to say the floor was ventilated would be an understatement. Welding had been done, but only to make it safer than a wet paper bag.

Yeah, I get the consternation "It should have been saved" etc, but it would have cost an absolute fortune, and bearing in mind it was 20 years ago, it wouldn't have made economic sense. And there's always the arguement that if someone was that bothered, they should have bought it themselves.

Whatever, I can see both sides; personally I was a little uneasy watching it race, but ultimately he was racing for Tha' Norf, so I was more interested in seeing it get mullered! To be fair Having something unusual would mostly be the same as tying a target to your arse.....

Laydees and gentlemen, I give you The Vortex Phantom!

s-l1600.jpg

Looks a bit like a downsized McClaren, with Rover 620ti RIMZ.

Currently on t'bay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAND-BUILT-KIT-CLASSIC-RARE-VORTEX-PHANTOM-GTR-V6-HONDA-RACE-TRACK-ROAD-CAR/274297650264?hash=item3fdd69fc58:g:JkUAAOSwkXBeOXQB