The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Feckin stupid really bright gitbag poorly aimed modern headlights and drl so bright behind me, driving right up my backside I have to drive everywhere with my rear view mirror dipped and the wing mirrors pointing at the floor.

FFS I'm in the left most lane on the motorway just go past.

Going to fit those old cibbie daylighters on the boot lid this weekend.

I won't wear an open face lid on motorbikes.  If I had been wearing an open face lid when I had my accident, I would have no face.

I can see that point of view, but I feel safer in an open face.

It's odd but a full face disorientates me because the sound comes from below not in front. Hence I ride faster in an open face as I'm more comfy.

Besides my bike is slow* Jazoli knows that (he passed me wheelying a ZZR11 while I was trying hard to keep up with the group), I've still got the same GSX1400.

They are a bugger on motorways when it hails though...

Feckin stupid really bright gitbag poorly aimed modern headlights and drl so bright behind me I have to drive everywhere with my rear view mirror dipped and the wing mirrors pointing at the floor.

Going to fit those old cibbie daylighters on the boot lid this weekend.

My old Disco had a pair of 55w spots aimed downwards & backwards off the roof. I never* ever used them to remind morons to dip their lights, not once ya honour.

Don't mind them being hidden from view in shops but the plain packaging and what that must've cost to bring into law with all of the opposition from the manufacturers etc seems pointless

It's all about making it more difficult and less appealing to smoke. I think stopping the sale of 12.5g packs of tobacco will stop me smoking tobacco.

Went to bed last night in fine fettle with a full range of movement and no pain.

Woke up at 6 this morning with a massive back spasm and a new need to plan trips to the toilet (3 steps accross the landing) 30 min in advance due to the pain from my back being excruciating with any movement.

In an epic lack of planning my painkillers and anti inflammatory tablets are downstairs, no chance of getting those for a few hours yet.

Fucksticks.

On the tobacco front, did I read correctly that it going to be a minimum of 20 cigarettes or 30g of rolling tobacco? That seems like a massive mismatch to me, I used to be able to get at least 20 cigarettes rolled out of an 8g pack of GV smooth.

I had three close ones yesterday. I was in my sisters HRV so no dashcam, sadly.

Firstly an old biddy going round a roundabout the wrong way. Totally oblivious and when I beeped and waved at her she just stared like I was the idiot.

Then on a dark, wet dual carriageway a taxi did the classic slow overtake, cut in front, slam on the brakes then dive down the sliproad they nearly missed. Apparently that was my fault too going by the hand signals.

Then on open A-road I came round a blind corner to find a cop car overtaking into oncoming traffic right in front of me. He has his blues on, but thats fuck all use on a blind corner isnt it?

And then literally two minutes later on the tinpot local radio station they had a piece about the abnormally high accident rate and death toll on this very road. They are getting boffins in to analyse the junction layouts to see if thats the cause.......Save yourselves the money, guys. Its not the road layout thats the problem.

I'm fucked

Monday finish work at 7.40pm

Tuesday 8.10pm

Wednesday 8.15pm

I just can't seem to achieve any productivity before 1pm despite the alarm going off at 5:40 am, I'm not a morning person and my workshop is a drop in centre for old codgers

Lock the door, hide kettle and play load europop. Cheeky cheeky cheeky girls

I can see that point of view, but I feel safer in an open face.

It's odd but a full face disorientates me because the sound comes from below not in front. Hence I ride faster in an open face as I'm more comfy.

Besides my bike is slow* Jazoli knows that (he passed me wheelying a ZZR11 while I was trying hard to keep up with the group), I've still got the same GSX1400.

They are a bugger on motorways when it hails though...

It's not the bike ;)

With the family fleet, I cross three different genres, Classics, real old points and condenser shite, Modern shite, Pre OBD ECU and early OBD ECU through to really modern stuff.

It's cold and dark, but looked like a tyre was a bit low on a modern. I had a half arsed look in both door shuts and couldn't see the tyre pressure sticker. So I lobbed 34 in all round and thought I drop a couple of PSI out when I get home. Lookng through the handbook, feck me, there are pages of guff about TPMS which is about as much use as a chocky teapot given no TPMS on this car, tyre pressures, yep, not in the book, look at the sticker on the car, FFS.

The 'service warning' has come back on despite me holding this button with my left hand whilst hold the other button with my right hand, depressing this with my left foot and swiping the other with my chin continuously for at least 15 seconds or longer Becuase it doesn't tell you when it is reset.

I've got 3 diff specs of 5W30 on the shelf in the Garage for the modern stuff, C1, Dexos 2, R2D2 and C3PO

Give me some feeler gauges and a dwell angle and some basic data, all is forgiven

Rant Over

Just travelled across central London and home across Essex on public transport with no issues.  Got home and switched on the TV to a BBC news bulletin about SNOW KAOS SNOW KAOS SNOW KAOS

Yes BBC we had a little bit of snow that is already turning to slush.  I am sure by the 10pm news the whole of the South will be in the end times with a busy body reporter trying hard to squeeze a story from nothing more than a cold wet night in January.

I taught my kids to drive. I figured if after all my years of motoring that includes several at 60k miles per year, if I don't know how to drive, we have a problem. I'd also done a fair bit of corporate advanced driving including running commentary so felt 'up for it'. I then booked an hour with a proffessional instructor to assess my lads driving and identify any shortcomings in my tuition.

Anyway, I stuck and additional rear mirror in one of our cars, a set of l'plates, booked the test, and we turned up. You could have knocked me down with a feather when the examiners came out and said to one young girl, sorry but we can't accommodate your test today, we are a couple of examiners short. Why this poor girl copped it I don't know. We sat there 'clenched' until we were called. I then sat there clenched for another 40 mins until my lad arrived back, passed 1st time.

I couldn't help thinking about the poor girl and her instructor, who pays for that lot, does the instructor not charge and take it on the chin or does the girl pay.

Hope you get a new date quick as some of the waiting lists are mega long