What the hell is that UMM....... updated 25/3/12

eggy

Hey folks its been a while since ive been on here,its great to be back. Say hello too my new addition to the fleet, It a 1991 umm alter lwb pickup and i love it, i put my number on it last summer and the owner phoned the other week asking if i was still intrested needless to say i agreed a deal with him the next day. The good parts are that the chasis and running gear are in great condition, the bad part is that the cab floor is rotten on the o/s and the inner wings have massive holes in them ! Oh and it needs a new pickup bed,not to worry though,ive welded the n/s wing and fabricated a new floor pan so hope to have it through the test by the end of april.

So what do you all think ?

Photo0276.jpg

Photo0277.jpg

There is a mint condition e reg one of these I often see in the local town. It's in a land rover style rather than pick up though. nice green colour, wondered what it was now I know it's an umm, thanks :)

Top bombing :)

I remember going on 'Jeep' safaris on holiday in Portugal in 1995 and the entire fleet consisted of these, in a kind of red/orange colour. I thought they were superb, especially as I was allowed to stand up and hold onto the roll bar when we went up into the mountains.

Thanks for the great reactions, it should prove itself very useful for transporting random tat in the back and towing the transporter trailer about. I didnt expect to enjoy driving it as much as i do, it really is great fun and makes me wish i got a 4x4 years ago,im already on the look out for a swb and think i may know where one is pretty local to me.

Aye tayne its a 2.5 pug diesel, i honestly dont know if it will run on veg oil,i will have to check.

Good work.

In the mid eighties, the son of an elderly couple up our street had one of these. It was like a LWB safari Landrover version. I used to see it on the odd occasion he visited. At the time my Dad said it was a Dacia Duster. Obviously, I've since realised he was RONG.

A few years ago when I was at Castle Donington, they had a van version to tow cars off the track with 8)8)

I was up doing a bit more work to the umm today,got the bottom of the cab replaced and put the floor into position and tacked it in place stilll hope to get it through the test some time next month :) . Also had a wee photoshoot in the yard enjoy.

055.jpg

043.jpg

052.jpg

048.jpg

046.jpg

030.jpg

034.jpg

053.jpg

044.jpg

038.jpg

037.jpg

042-1.jpg

038.jpg

I got some brochures the other day of ebay to give me a bit more info about them

scan0004.jpg

scan0003.jpg

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/retrogreaz/?action=view&current=scan0003.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Yes, that dash is definitely not Peugeot, although the clock set is. Love the random Pug buttons scattered about and the 205(?) steering wheel.

I always thought these were French, but the address in the brochure is Portuguese, so you learn a new thing every day. There's one parked up in a garden at a farm near me, but I don't think its moved for quite a while.