Volvo 940 wagon

RobT

8 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

The seats on the Azuma are rock solid. No usb is a fair trade off for some comfort IMO. 

I did wonder about that, which led me to book the 225 instead.  Same reason why I try to avoid Thameslink trains where possible.  Or just end up standing instead.

Also, do people actually realise they're in a quiet coach?  Bloke behind (a Steven Smith from Grantham) is having a right old job taking out car insurance on the phone.  I wonder if he's on a collection mission too?  Either way just STFU plz.

32 minutes ago, RobT said:

Also, do people actually realise they're in a quiet coach?  Bloke behind (a Steven Smith from Grantham) is having a right old job taking out car insurance on the phone.  I wonder if he's on a collection mission too?  Either way just STFU plz.

amuse yourself by writing down all of his personal details as he blabs them to the whole carriage then enjoy the look on his face when you hand him a bit of paper with a scammers delight written on it. or use his details to order him an amusing* gift from a dodgy website !

45 minutes ago, 2316cc said:

Seeing that photo makes me immediately want another one. 😢

Excellent to meet the estimable RobT earlier. I hope you have a successful journey home and that this particular slab of Swedish metal brings you great joy. 

It's great, a proper old chunk of car.  Cheers m9.

Reckomended seller, wud use again👍

👍

8 hours ago, egg said:

Nice. Obligatory 'that's a bit too far south for an Ovlov' comment.

It's also now too inside the ULEZ, but I can dodge the cameras around here for local trips and just pony up the rest of the time.  I'd forgotten how bloody marvellous these things are, so it's worth every penny I end up coughing up to TfL.

12 hours ago, gm said:

amuse yourself by writing down all of his personal details as he blabs them to the whole carriage then enjoy the look on his face when you hand him a bit of paper with a scammers delight written on it. or use his details to order him an amusing* gift from a dodgy website !

Put his details into cartakeback so the car he just spent ages insuring has been scrapped by the time he gets off the train. 

3 hours ago, lisbon_road said:

Hi Rob thanks for sharing your trip. Takes a die hard autoshitter to buy a non ulez compliant car while living in the zone, hats off to you. Looks a good car.

What's it like in the zone? Is there really as much camera damage as we hear?

Thanks, it's a great car.  Very much as described by @2316cc

Can't say I've paid much attention to the camera situation, but I did see one that'd been cut down and dumped by the road side recently.  Just 300 yards up the road from me.  It's still possible to spot older non-compliant cars in London, but they certainly have got thinner on the ground.  I've also noticed a few more historics when travelling around my manor, which is either just coincidence or some heroes have decided to do exemption properly and go 40+.