Rather random post but nothing new from me! I have a Citroen AX and I'm not entirely sure what to do with it? Looking for inspiration

sharley17194

I guess you clicked the link so this is totally on you!

Last year I went on an Ax buying spree (well i purchased 2, if you call that a spree?) 

My wife has a lovely dimension and I impulse purchased a second dimension registered on the same day, same dealer, almost identical plates. 

Oh how we chuckled at the novelty, well that has now worn off. 

I didn't pay a lot for it, I'm not that bothered about selling, I don't need the space, I've already driven from Lands end to John o Groats in an ax

It doesn't appear to need anything for an MOT, last expired in 2022.

So the golden question is, if you had a random Citroen AX what would you do with it? Suggestions please, guess highest votes happens!

image.thumb.png.777cc0c8464e734714e4c57aeab4a235.png

46 minutes ago, sharley17194 said:

I guess you clicked the link so this is totally on you!

Last year I went on an Ax buying spree (well i purchased 2, if you call that a spree?) 

My wife has a lovely dimension and I impulse purchased a second dimension registered on the same day, same dealer, almost identical plates. 

Oh how we chuckled at the novelty, well that has now worn off. 

I didn't pay a lot for it, I'm not that bothered about selling, I don't need the space, I've already driven from Lands end to John o Groats in an ax

It doesn't appear to need anything for an MOT, last expired in 2022.

So the golden question is, if you had a random Citroen AX what would you do with it? Suggestions please, guess highest votes happens!

image.thumb.png.777cc0c8464e734714e4c57aeab4a235.png

Now that confused me a bit because I thought you had four AX's. two Dimension and two Spree's. Yes there was an AX Spree limited edition based on a Debut, maybe you should get a couple of those!

110 AX Spree.png

23 minutes ago, scdan4 said:

Can you beat a diesel one?

I'll not tire of watching this. 

That's the best thing I've watched over the Christmas break - absolute scream.
When he pops the card back into his shorts pocket then winds the hand cranked window back up - made me smile.
Wee car really, really does get a move on at times.

A friend had a Spree as his first car, he was the first of us all to get one, memories of us all sitting in it in his driveway before he passed his test. Love seeing these cause it reminds me of how excited I was to pass my own test! 

As for what you do with it, I'm in the boring 'MOT and enjoy it' camp!

A road trip through Norway is great and if you do it at the right times, there aren't too many people either. And traveling here is not as expensive as many people think if you plan a little and don't eat out, sleep in hotels, etc.

Denmark and Sweden are also nice and tend to be cheaper than Norway but do not have the same landscape as Norway.

i'm liking the sound of that!

On 31/12/2023 at 15:08, Dyslexic Viking said:

A road trip through Norway is great and if you do it at the right times, there aren't too many people either. And traveling here is not as expensive as many people think if you plan a little and don't eat out, sleep in hotels, etc.

Denmark and Sweden are also nice and tend to be cheaper than Norway but do not have the same landscape as Norway.

2 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

Convert one into a camper a la C15….

46554503-2785-4988-BE2E-F68F2A052121.png

I know that his brother already has one of these with the pop top!

Personally I think he should give me one of the AX's and we will do a stupid road trip somewhere very far away and hope we make it home!

Find out which factory produced them and take them both back for a visit?

In the past (2009?) there was a 'BXagon Challenge', IIRC organised by Phil Chidlow of the Citroen Car Club. A group of BXs and other supporting Citroens did a 2500 mile trip around the (notionally) hexagonal perimeter of France. It is possible that some folk on here such as  @chaseracer and/or @dollywobbler took part.

Something similar with the AXs could be fun, maybe? There might be an appetite for this from other owners / enthusiast groups, too...

im up for this.

4 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

Find out which factory produced them and take them both back for a visit?

In the past (2009?) there was a 'BXagon Challenge', IIRC organised by Phil Chidlow of the Citroen Car Club. A group of BXs and other supporting Citroens did a 2500 mile trip around the (notionally) hexagonal perimeter of France. It is possible that some folk on here such as  @chaseracer and/or @dollywobbler took part.

Something similar with the AXs could be fun, maybe? There might be an appetite for this from other owners / enthusiast groups, too...

11 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

I did. Happy to share the route if the pictures below whet your appetite.

Bxagonday5AlbertvilletoDignelesbains015.jpg.223de8af4121385fee893679fd5ba7fa.jpg

ColduGlandonsouthside.jpg.a8b232f5601d7162eb54bd37de6fb21e.jpg

DSCF4515.jpg.71e1f11d29827bd045202a043f41dd90.jpg