1993 Citroen XM

maxxo

• maxxo changed the title to 1993 Citroen XM

Status update

its great, drives great, runs great and is stunning

changed a brake light bulb as it had a warning up on the dash which I was told was false, i don't think the previous owner realised they actually have 4 brake light bulbs 

I'll get the thermostat replaced in the coming weeks, I suspect it needs a new hazard light switch as well and some dash bulbs

but it's really fantastic

i must say the ride is a bit firm, but it's been sat since July so it'll sort itself out soon

have some more photos 

C5D93C5D-BC78-4CB2-8B1C-89463DD1689F.jpeg

9A3A0E2A-461B-4EA6-AA22-2748259AB92D.jpeg

A025BEE1-3256-4106-9A00-66344F11E086.jpeg

12C89E9D-0EC6-423F-9349-8E1F3364600B.jpeg

978C4268-C895-48AB-9F76-609EB0DD14B1.jpeg

94F5AC61-79E0-4CE9-B417-D4219821AFF6.jpeg

Find another set of wheels and get some part worn winters fitted? 

Probably would have been cheaper before rhe snow hit but you never know 😂🌨️

I remember getting part worn winters fitted to the front of my xm one October and it was the warmest winter we've had, they wore really quickly and I didn't get to have any fun at all 😭

S1 looks so much nicer than an s2 as well, does it feel nicer to drive? 

10 hours ago, maxxo said:

C6125355-43EB-43BB-A8D6-5159A8F595FB.thumb.jpeg.f13f5fc3ee7ac5117723c46485ad573d.jpeg

just dropped my partner off at work, a very snowy XM!

it has no ABS, as I discovered during a loss of traction event on route, shit myself sliding towards a kerb thankfully stopped in time

I still have a set of steelies that would fit...😂

45 minutes ago, maxxo said:

Another little drive out today

i cannot express how nice this thing drives! Up to 80mph with ease in complete comfort

the ride is improving too

i really am extremely pleased

Id say some use and a dose of Citrobatics should help the ride. Failing that may need a fluid flush and filter clean 

3 hours ago, wesacosa said:

Id say some use and a dose of Citrobatics should help the ride. Failing that may need a fluid flush and filter clean 

Exactly what I was going to say, my BX that had been stood for 15 years had an LHM filter full of black wob. A quick clean out with carb cleaner, dry and reservoir refill made a HUGE improvement on the whole system, rose quicker and had a much more healthy accumulator click time - not sure if this applies to XM's though with their hydractive system. Of course my spheres were also fucked, but they are super easy to change too.

I've only ever driven an XM once, a late 2.1 td auto, and the ride was superb - way better than any of my BX's, softer and yet more controlled. So if it's firm still perhaps get the spheres tested if there is anywhere close enough to you to do so, I only know of Pleiades, Westroen and perhaps Chevronics.

Keep the pics coming! Bloody love it.