What Shite Do You Currently Have A Hankering For?

Essex V6

I am suffering uncomfortable tendencies toward Carlton-eering at the moment.   Local sheepskin has a mint L reg 2.0 auto on the lot at the mo.  Problem is I know he would have given fuck all for it and am not paying for the next cruise for him and his fat missus.   Ideally, a gold facelift MK1 with teddybear-skin upholstery would be juicy, though. 

Panhard PL17... I've wanted one for years, and Mrs.F has just bought me a huge ETAI book on them which has increased my WANT to stratospheric levels.

400b9fe3f29594564b6954926687a34d5932b41d

All I need to do now is rent a car transporter and drive to France... Oh, and somehow find £2K, which is what a rotten, non-runner PL17 fetches nowadays :-(

A rover 75 connie V6 but that wait should only last another 48 hours.

Apart from that I would like a pov spec Rover SD1 2000, just because they are much more rare than TP's and far more easy to work on and tinker with.

SD1 2000's are ace I picked a Moonraker blue one up for £40 in an auction once ,just because it had a couple of good doors for Mrs N's VdP. I robbed the doors and my dad gave me £40 for it as it had a bit of ticket left- he drove it for about 3 years, never spent a penny on it and only scrapped it because it needed an exhaust and a couple of tyres for MOT one year. It wasn't as tragically slow as you'd imagine, in fact it felt quicker than a 2300.

There's always loads on my want list, but currently I've got the horn for early examples of the following:

Mk3 Astra

Mk3 Cavalier CDi (I've made an offer on one, just waiting to hear back from the seller)

Clio on an H or J-plate

Xantia

Mondeo

This makes me feel old,apart from the Clit it could be my company car choice in 1994, just add Orion, Rover 400 and the one I went for -Montego Countryman ?

SD1 2000's are ace I picked a Moonraker blue one up for £40 in an auction once ,just because it had a couple of good doors for Mrs N's VdP. I robbed the doors and my dad gave me £40 for it as it had a bit of ticket left- he drove it for about 3 years, never spent a penny on it and only scrapped it because it needed an exhaust and a couple of tyres for MOT one year. It wasn't as tragically slow as you'd imagine, in fact it felt quicker than a 2300.

I liked my 2000 - good on fuel and cheap to run. It was quicker than you would imagine but gradients involved making full use of the gears - up and down like a honeymooner's undercrackers. I dread to think what a 3 speed auto must be like - continental drift would be quicker. Unfortunately, most solid 2000 models end up with a V8 in them.

I still hanker after a mk1 granada in V6 flavour - however most offered for sale seem to be tarted up shit heaps that the vendor thinks fully justifies its £5k price tag because of a mid 70's cop show. The remains of a consul GT sold on ebay last year for £1k - it consisted of a vin, steering wheel and rust.

Most things beginning with R...   ...and ending in enault.

Granada Ghia.

I can help with the first but not the second. Please someone rehome this little 5

post-5515-0-31073700-1417194530_thumb.jpg

With regard to panhards get the 24 it is worth the extra and make sure it has had the timing gear replaced or knock the price right down. They rot like bastards as well. I did buy the rolling remains of a PL17 and a load of body panels a few years ago for less than £20 the lot. They are worth less over here than france so let someone else bring it in and take the hit when they sell

I'd like a Peugeot 504 coupe, but I think they're too expensive for a good one and a rotten one would take the enjoyment away.  Can you imagine this with the yellow headlights blazing through the night?  Awesome

pic103.jpg

I would really love an MG Magnette or Wolseley equivalent.  I'm really 43 but in terms of car taste I think I'm heading towards my 60s at least

MG%20Magnette%20ZA%20(1).jpg

I liked my 2000 - good on fuel and cheap to run. It was quicker than you would imagine but gradients involved making full use of the gears - up and down like a honeymooner's undercrackers. I dread to think what a 3 speed auto must be like - continental drift would be quicker. Unfortunately, most solid 2000 models end up with a V8 in them.

I had an Sd1 2000 auto. Not a bad machine at all, they had lower final drive ratios to compensate for the smaller engine and as such it was quite sprightly. Just as thirsty as the bigger engined ones though, but then I did used to drive it hard. It had 60mm lowered suspension and handled like nothing else I've ever driven.

Major plus point is that unlike the sixes the O series engine was pretty much trouble free, I imagine survivors are into single figures now.

Rover 75 Conniesewer

1992 Astra Mk3 1.4 SPi hatchback. Must be white with blue/grey cloth upholstery and be the LS model.

Rover Streetwise

The white Vectra B facelift 2.0DTi hatchback with wheel trims that I saw in Morrison's car park yesterday. Those white shittish spec ones are the lookers of the bunch alright.

Calibra (early one)

Frontera Sport

A 1980s Yank, like a Chrysler New Yorker or Ford Crown Victoria

I would also like a 1960s Yank such as a Chrysler Newport, Ford Galaxie or Buick Electra but I don't really regard them as shite.

An open top car, preferably an MX5, but not adverse to a 306 cabrio.

I would like to scratch my 406 Coupe itch, but even classic insurance on one is more than that for a 1960s American so it's unlikely to happen until they are seriously old, and then they will be rare as rocking horse poo.

I'd not be adverse to another Rover 75 either.

I would really love an MG Magnette or Wolseley equivalent.  I'm really 43 but in terms of car taste I think I'm heading towards my 60s at least

MG%20Magnette%20ZA%20(1).jpg

Hey Gareth, this Wolseley 15/50 went for only £1300 on Brightwells on Wednesday, it was an ex Stondon museum car. It needed 'recommissioning' , and I thought the sills looked a bit suspect, bit it was a solid old bus otherwise. I guess if it had been a Magnette that would at least tripled the price: http://classiccars.brightwells.com/viewdetails.php?id=4883