Has your shite ever been recalled?

strangeangel

Mine got recalled for problems with the coil packs when it was about 6 months old. This doesn't appear on the government list, presumably due to it not being safety related. From memory it was due to the coil packs being sh*t although that wasn't the term they used. If it hadn't been booked in for the recall I would have taken it back at that point anyway due to an intermittent misfire. Coil packs are a recurring problem with the V6 and deserve their own story another day.

Looked at the Fiat 500

"Wrong airbag may deploy in a collision"

I have to admit I fucking lol'd at that! Imagine looking up from the steering wheel through your bruised eyes to see the passenger side suddenly erupt in a burst of plastic bag.

My old E30 had a recall in its 4th year and then another in the early 90s. The latter was for a rad cap. Apparently they could lose, pressure blowing steam and water onto the screen and causing loss of view.

The synical amongst us will suggest it was a marketing ploy to see how many E30s there were still on the road.

In fact as mine was off the road for the winter I just took the cap to the dealer and got my new one.

Years ago I had an Alfa 156 and had a letter about a recall for the bonnet catch. As the catch was pretty crap I decided to have it done. What a waste of time, it went in wasted an hour of my time and when I went to drive home found they hadn't even made sure to bonnet was shut. I went back and had a right go about how they hadn't fixed the fault to be told that all the recall was to just grease the catch. You would of thought the fitter might of mentioned the catch was buggered rather than just send it back out. I hate main dealers.

Nowt for the Civic.

The Corsa had a few about unimportant* things like steering and brakes. Also mine in particular had been built with mismatched suspension springs front and back, because Vauxhall.

The Yaris had one for setting on fire, I actually got a letter about that and then didn't bother taking it to the garage.

The Dolomites are BL so any recall is going to be something like "The whole car is at risk of going wrong at all times".

Randomly, just had this email today

Dear CHRISTIAN,

Today, I am sending this additional urgent notice regarding a defect that exists in your 2007 HONDA PILOT.

Why does my 2007 PILOT need repaired?

Honda has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain vehicles. In some vehicles, the driver's front airbag inflator could produce excessive internal pressure upon deployment. If an affected airbag deploys, the increased internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture (break apart). In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material possibly causing serious injury or fatality to vehicle occupants. Past ruptures like this have killed or injured vehicle drivers. Due to the severity of this defect, please call us immediately. Do not delay in contacting us.

I don't own a 2007 Honda, nor do I live in the United States of American. Someone thinks my email address is theirs.

Still, to summarise that recall - "if crashing doesn't kill you, your car will fire metal at your face for a second chance at death"

The Fiesta's too old and noting for the ST but the Frontera has one for the bonnet flying open with a stuck catch

...... I have posted 'SavvySaver' bonnet catch fix = Malay coil hookspring dissolved totally..replaced with 'rummage tin' spring + hairgrip wire hooked extension.

Nix€Winnah

TS

Ditto the RAV (ok It's hardly shite and I don't suppose any of them will last long enough to be considered such.)

What's the difference between "risk of fire" and "fire may occur"? :shock:

Risk of fire is leaving your pants drying next to the stove.

Fire may occur is leaving them drying on the stove.

My XJ-S HE was recalled for a cruise control fault (could refuse to turn off - handy when you are doing a ton coming up the slip road!) and went in to HA Fox (Jaguar main dealers in Plymouth) for a half day.... got it back three days later and the cruise never worked again!

I don't know if this counts but back in 1994 my first Skoda Favorit was recalled after I'd owned it for a couple of years, as there was a fault in the fuse box. The work was done for free by the dealer and the car was fitted with a new fuse box and for some related reason (wait for it...) a new speedometer! 48,000 miles just disappeared..... what's more, no little sticker was put under the glass explaining the replacement!

Winner!