Jump to content

Landy Mann

Full Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

1048 profile views

Landy Mann's Achievements

Rank: Austin Maxi

Rank: Austin Maxi (4/12)



  1. If you do remove the Saab valve don't forget to fit a 4mm restrictor in it's place. See my thread for more details, that was some fun fault finding...
  2. If you've not seen it @andyberg's thread might be worth a read
  3. The EKA code I think, I don't know if it was a thing on the later ones. Yours will have a Pektron(?) ECU which are known for failing in odd intermittent ways but are repairable. Someone on here has just had the ecu repaired on their ZR.
  4. I think these were made in Germany in the mid to late 00's, I remember them in a feature in LRO at the time.
  5. I'm guessing this one is from auction not part ex, the background (not sure if real or digital is all over Autotrader). Also due is suggests enroute from auction house. When I was looking at i40 estates there was one photographed with the same background that remained due in 'soon'.
  6. Spot the Casio Blu tac'd to the dash
  7. Very nice, I found the quality massivly reduced going from an early P reg 214 to 05 reg 25. In my opinon the correct size for a car - not too big not too small. From the posts above it sounds like the days of £250 Rovers are over
  8. They're round black and ok on the Astra K, all ditches avoided so far. Although we do get an extra 1.5mpg now I've swapped to ContiEcoContact 6's on the front. Down to about 4mm in 12000 miles
  9. Genuine Auzzie soft roader https://www.drivesouth.co.nz/vehicle/2015-Ford-TERRITORY-TX-AWD-DIESEL-7-Seats-1722589 Auzzie wagon https://www.drivesouth.co.nz/vehicle/2016-Holden-SV6-Holden-VF2-SV6-36-WAGON-AUTO-1721415 JDM sillyness https://www.drivesouth.co.nz/vehicle/2009-Toyota-MarkX-Zio-G-No-Deposit-Finance-1710922 Retro Auzzie https://www.drivesouth.co.nz/vehicle/1993-Holden-Calais-VP-38lt-V6-1715161 I'll go silly and JDM if you can, plenty of family friendly options!
  10. From the 1941 edition of the motor manual. Exact car models (if any) unknown. (All pre war cars look the same)
  11. Any progress is good progress, it's the little jobs (like the throttle) that are most satisfactory. Having got my 110 out of a field I completely sympathize with finding out more work that needs doing, but I'm confident you'll get there. If I look back to when I got my land Rover I'm much more competent now than I was ten years ago, and I'm sure you'll find the same, even small things like knowing exactly where to put the jack ect.. will speed up work over time. Best of luck (Note my land Rover is still nowhere near perfect and still spends about 3 months off the road a year... -although that's mostly my laziness at completing jobs!)
  12. I'll take that.... Not sure there's enough oil leak advisories though... Date tested10 November 2021 PASS Mileage130,121 miles Expiry date9 November 2022 Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories): Power steering component has slight seepage from a component steering box (2.1.5 (a)) Offside Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive step (7.1.1 (a) (i)) Upper Steering column universal joint has slight wear or play (2.2.2 (c)) Oil leak, but not excessive (8.4.1 (a) (i)) Oil leak, but not excessive rear diff (8.4.1 (a) (i)) Oil leak, but not excessive gearbox (8.4.1 (a) (i)) Oil leak, but not excessive both front hubs (8.4.1 (a) (i)) Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material all (1.1.11 (c)) slight lift in n/s front lower suspension joint
  • Create New...