The grumpy thread

outlaw118

post his number up...

I actually deleted it, specifically so that I wouldn't be tempted to send him abusive texts, nor sign him up for some dubious 'dating' site, nor ring him at increasingly unsocial times feigning a foreign accent and abuse him, all from an untraceable pay as you go phone that I had bought for £10 purely for that purpose.

The thought never entered my head.

UPS smashed up a vacuum cleaner I posted. Despite me using a tenners worth of bubble wrap on it until it looked like a giant weeble, they broke it. 8 days later, Interparcel (the agent I booked it through) tell me that because I didnt use a box, it's covered under their terms and condition that I certainly* read, despite me senging tens of cleaners like this before.

Fucking bastards. Expecting a package of scrap back at mums soon

I despair at the human races inability to park a car within the lines provided without hitting something.

Sat in Tesco car park while Mrs Seal nipped in for a couple of items and in the time I was there I witnessed 16 cars reverse park into spaces and my conclusions are as follows:

13 cars reversed until they hit their rear wheels on the kerb and then rolled forward to complete their "manoeuvre"

(of those 4 of them couldn't manage to stay within the lines - I bet they were shit at colouring-in as children too)

1 managed to hit a post and so that left only 2 people who managed to park within their designated space without hitting any of the surrounding scenery

I despair at the human races inability to park a car within the lines provided without hitting something.

Sat in Tesco car park while Mrs Seal nipped in for a couple of items and in the time I was there I witnessed 16 cars reverse park into spaces and my conclusions are as follows:

13 cars reversed until they hit their rear wheels on the kerb and then rolled forward to complete their "manoeuvre"

(of those 4 of them couldn't manage to stay within the lines - I bet they were shit at colouring-in as children too)

1 managed to hit a post and so that left only 2 people who managed to park within their designated space without hitting any of the surrounding scenery

And that is exactly why I avoid these small Tesco Metro/Sainsburys Local car parks with a high turn over of cars coming and going every couple of minutes. They are a recipe for disaster. 10 parking pays squeezed into a space only big enough for 8, no room for error and full of large MPV Mum-Mobiles. The Sainsbury's Local near me is fairly new but all the surrounding bollards are bent/damaged.

And I bet not one single fucker stopped and left their contact details, or offered to repair said bollard. Think they would be any different if they bumped into your car?

MPV = Mangled Parking Vehicle, saw a similar instance in the small Greggs vs Tesco Metro car-park in Pencoed last year where a lady reversed into a parked car, when doing her 98 point turn to get out of the car-park, her passenger got out and looked at the damage to the other car (looked to have popped the rear bumper off it's mountings)  before they drove off. I and another pasty eater asked in both the Tesco and Greggs in case the owner was there, but to no avail. So we left a note on the windscreen as witnesses, did get a phone call from the car-owner as thanks, never heard any more about it.

not on the t.v but there's teletext holidays which can be a good place to look for nice hotels etc ( I think the Russsians use it aswell, as where ever we go the place is full of them!).

Have you tried booking anything through Teletext Hols? Good luck.

I did about three years ago, never ever again.

MPV = Mangled Parking Vehicle, saw a similar instance in the small Greggs vs Tesco Metro car-park in Pencoed last year where a lady reversed into a parked car, when doing her 98 point turn to get out of the car-park, her passenger got out and looked at the damage to the other car (looked to have popped the rear bumper off it's mountings)  before they drove off. I and another pasty eater asked in both the Tesco and Greggs in case the owner was there, but to no avail. So we left a note on the windscreen as witnesses, did get a phone call from the car-owner as thanks, never heard any more about it.

A few years ago, I watched a woman in a 406 full of kids back her car into a parked Orion hard enough to break its front bumper in half.  She then drove off, looking backwards at the damage she'd done, straight into me and my bike (which I'd stopped a few yards away to watch what she did, and leave a note for the Orion's owner if necessary).  Then she yelled at me to go fuck myself, and drove out of the car park.

I reported her to the police for failing to stop after an accident, and they prosecuted.  I was called as a witness.  Turned out she had lots of previous and no tax or insurance, and got a fairly lengthy ban as I recall.  There is some justice.

Have you tried booking anything through Teletext Hols? Good luck.

I did about three years ago, never ever again.

Used them a fair few times. Never had any issues. You just need to remember that the price you pay will be 10% more than the screen price by the time you've added in extras i.e luggage!!

Used them a fair few times. Never had any issues. You just need to remember that the price you pay will be 10% more than the screen price by the time you've added in extras i.e luggage!!

I was gettin screwed left right and centre, at this point they already had the credit card details.

I said to my GF there and then, Never again.

Spent about £700 on new front tyres and new none cheapo shit suspension for my daily ibiza cupra megaturbo because It's been good to me and not wanted anything for months. The tyres that were on had "some" tread left but I thought I'd upgrade from Kumhos to Pirellis to match the rears.

Driving to work today I get some megavibrations from the rear, turns out one of the back tyres is falling apart. While inspecting the tyre (Pirelli Pzero with loads of tread but was manufactured in 2003, 2 years before the car!) I noticed that one of the rear calipers must be binding and it has fucked the pads and rear disk too. 

Great stuff.

Asked you brits to send some heat here when you were all complaining about having too much. In the time honoured routine of internet requests you got it wrong. I asked for warm, you sent more cold, Thanks. Max forecast temp for this town tomorrow is 5 C. And it's already bloody cold and many roads in the central North island closed by snow. The good bit is that salt is never used on the roads, only grit.

Insurance companies not updating the MID. Despite renewing the insurance ten days ago the MID still shows the Honda Accord as uninsured. Guess who got pulled over in an ANPR check? Phone call to insurers got the thumbs up and I was on my way again blameless. When I got home I rang the insurance company. They replied " Sorry sir, it can take up to 14 days to appear on the database".

Rubbish. They are supposed to do it within 7 days apparently. The other two cars appeared on MID within hours (different insurance company).

Good to see Gideon justifying his budget on the basis that we don't want to end up like Greece.

I Listened to a professor on qustion time prior to the election - he stated that we would end up like Greece eventually because our economy is borked. No manufacturing and too much reliance on service and banking.

If it does happen it will be because wages are wank - not enough paying a reasonable amount of tax and too many companies and wealthy individuals exploiting loopholes.

£9 an hour wage by 2020 for over 25's?

Do us a favour Gideon and get folding those bastard towels because you will never be a chancellor as long as you have a hole in your arse.

Good to see Gideon justifying his budget on the basis that we don't want to end up like Greece.

I Listened to a professor on qustion time prior to the election - he stated that we would end up like Greece eventually because our economy is borked. No manufacturing and too much reliance on service and banking.

If it does happen it will be because wages are wank - not enough paying a reasonable amount of tax and too many companies and wealthy individuals exploiting loopholes.

£9 an hour wage by 2020 for over 25's?

Do us a favour Gideon and get folding those bastard towels because you will never be a chancellor as long as you have a hole in your arse.

I suppose at least he can't fuck things up any worse than good old Gordon did though.