eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

5 hours ago, R1152 said:

That's got to be the same lump they put in the taxi-spec A60 Oxford, surely?

Pretty sure it is, a B-Series 1.5 litre

I had one of those as a WBOD just over a year ago.  Not a bad thing, although fuel economy was OK rather than brilliant and the leather* on the seats would have made a Project Drive Rover blush.  Reliable though, and comfy enough.  I didn't pay anything close to £750 for it mind.  It ended up going to £95 Peugeot when I'd finished with it.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:44 AM, neil1971 said:

Interesting reading. They had a tidy looking Cavalier GSi for sale for a good 12 months a while ago, along with a Cavalier Turbo. Both looked clean enough and recent MOTs looked pretty good. I'll assume they were bent then! 

Thing is, if I were buying a 30 year old Cavalier, I'd assume the worst before I'd stuck my head underneath to find no rear legs. I guess mqy buyers are more trusting though...

4 hours ago, MisterH said:

Image 01 - Audi Quattro Coupe

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Quattro-Coupe/254923138502?hash=item3b5a9a65c6:g:2YcAAOSwGz9fZNdG

This does look very clean, but the price does seem too much for one of these...

Bloody nora.

If I could stretch my budget a bit* that would look fucking EPIC next to the Rover, as a replacement for the Focus... 😍

*nearly double
*never mind then

For the father with more children than eyes.

Image 1 - Toyota picnic petrol

I always imagine people like him to have his TV mounted to the wall in a portrait orientation.  FFS it's 2021 and still people do this.  It's not Instagram man, it's eBay!

Anyway, you might not know this but the Picnic is a very very very capable old thing and - actually - worth some good money.  Whether it got bid up high before because he's a scammer is down to you to decide.  But they're good cars, and every sikh man I've ever met will undoubtedly agree.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174720407599?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l1120&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=0a8becfe8d094bbe9820c29cb5f96e49&bu=43182933369&ut=RU&osub=-1~1&crd=20210406040732&segname=11021&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cut%3Dut%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

4 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

For the father with more children than eyes.

It appears to have the most subtle two-tone paintwork ever.

I have an inexplicable fondness for the Picnic (Ipsum in Japan). Toyota GB built this one-off Sport, complete with alloys off the Camry Sport. I still have a set of the latter so it could be recreated.

toy2601_pic5

Inspired by the above, I built a 1:24 version which will probably be the closest I'll ever get:

1:24 Aoshima Toyota Ipsum kit

10 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

It appears to have the most subtle two-tone paintwork ever.

I have an inexplicable fondness for the Picnic (Ipsum in Japan). Toyota GB built this one-off Sport, complete with alloys off the Camry Sport. I still have a set of the latter so it could be recreated.

toy2601_pic5

Inspired by the above, I built a 1:24 version which will probably be the closest I'll ever get:

1:24 Aoshima Toyota Ipsum kit

Nice to see you back SL :) 

I'm sure that Picnic also had Celica GT4 running gear?  or did they do another one?