How much shite is too much shite? Not Over for the Rover - Yet!

Saabnut

1 hour ago, Saabnut said:

My friend has just sent a picture from his phone. The MOT man has been a tester for 10 years and says this is the best one he has ever seen.

disco4.JPG.f9dd70ed08802d01420f12d03b98f1ef.JPG

It had better fucking be the best one he's seen.

It's basically brand new now!

17 minutes ago, DSdriver said:

Is this the one you bought in France?

No, the French one is a Range Rover L322 Diesel. This Disco came from my brothers FIL who bought it from Land Rover as an ex management car at 2 years old.

• Saabnut changed the title to How much shite is too much shite? Le Road Trip - France is calling

Managed to escape the boat at the weekend and because of the joys* of modern air travel, I eventually got home at 7pm on Sunday. My schedule has changed many times lately, and according to my original rota I should have been heading offshore this weekend, not arriving back. This presented an opportunity and a dilemma.  It is the 100th anniversary of the first running of Lemans 24hr and I am unexpectedly free to go. Car of choice though was put away in September with a dragging clutch and no rush to fix because I cannot get to Lemans!

Yesterday the car was started, the clutch system bled and the car washed. That will be it ready for a 2000 mile round trip! :-)  So today I have to pack my bag, check the fluids and head to Preston(ish) where I have booked a hotel for the night. Normally I do Lemans in a oner, but 3 months of 12 hour shifts 7 days a week tends to leave you a little tired.  This time it is Lancashire today, Crawley tomorrow and Lemans on Thursday. First job this morning was to fetch some fuel as I cannot remember how accurate the fuel gauge is. As digging the car out meant moving some others, I decided to take this to fetch 25 litres of fuel to make sure I have enough to get to a petrol station.

I think this may be a regular occurrence for the next week or so, as the other car that I am taking is less economical....

744423672_IMG_02121.thumb.JPG.27bc1505ba3f8e60cfb6dab6fd667966.JPG

1 hour ago, Saabnut said:

Fuel is in, tent in the boot, just need to pack my bag and I will be off. Hope it stays dry this time!

450412269_IMG_02131.thumb.JPG.2aa4e8e006708f39bd509710ce927af0.JPG

Meh! @Mrs6C's AC has a bigger rollover bar and sportier steering wheel :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

Sure I'll hear you all the way from the motorway as you pass by heading south...

Have a good trip!

no AC Convoy? aww, I still wanna see that side by side shot :) 

I have a house 20 mins from the campsite. Only one has big screen TV with live race coverage, bar with draught London Pride and chefs preparing meals, hence the tent!

300 miles done, two fuel stops and now at my accommodation for the night. Seems to have been a good choice!

979798055_IMG_02141.thumb.JPG.acf180fb07a3c5ca7e112361a07400c8.JPG

439130366_IMG_02151.thumb.JPG.248359ac5b4a73d873e8453ed8279683.JPG

Right, I believe the bar is open......

Your probably the devil in their eyes for slinging a tent in yours and round tripping it to France just like any other* car! 

Think of the miles and the wear etc 🙄 You should ONLY get it out when it's attendance on the club stand at <insert random show 800 miles from your house> upon request and wearing the requisite hat and matching picnic set. Then send it in for a full overhaul and detail and park it up until the next event 😡

6 hours ago, Saabnut said:

Well 296 miles yesterday and 266 so far today (according to the satnav) on only 4 refills, a rough calculation shows 16.2 mpg so could be worse :-) 

Now parked outside my brothers near Crawley 

IMG_0218.thumb.jpeg.ec043dc9338e8bf912b5a8482b4c34b3.jpeg

So long, but you only achieved West Sussex? Have you read 'Life in the fast lane'? AC related