Bulgaria Fest - Task complete

The Moog

• 3 weeks later...

You people are maniacs and I want no part of it.

Wait a minute, a Panda van for 600 euros!!!

Ok, I'm listening.

P.s. I'd prefer a Peugeot 403, but can't find one. A Skoda 100 or a Taxi Dacia Solenzia would possibly work.

P.p.s Just spent an hour looking at random shite, convertible Zastavas etc.

Tomoseseses are 200 euros, take the handlebars off and bang in the back seat. If the car breaks you're golden...

post-8806-0-30219700-1503957378_thumb.jpeg

Again, I was bored.

In theory if you get a Fiat 126, a Trabant or a Wartburg. You should make your money back if you wanted to sell it here. A Beetle or a T2 appear to be worth more here too.

Quite a few cars I've seen for sale have homemade looking TNG systems fitted. I'm assuming this is the same as LPG, so it's cheaper to drive back. Ignoring the bomb in the boot obviously.

I'm seriously considering the idea of driving there to meet up with you all, and they a convoy back. It'd be an EPIC road trip, and hopefully not *too* hot so I could survive in the Stellar without AC. Google maps here I come!

Realistically it would have to be the BX - double the mpg AND cheaper fuel, easier to sleep in and more likely to find parts along the way if needed. I can only say a maybe though at this stage :-(

Wondering if there's something which is cheap here, and highly desirable over there you could sell to cover costs for the outward leg...?

I was thinking along the same lines as you. I think something like a Cadillac BLS or CTS could be bought fairly cheaply over here (less than £1500) and sold out there for at least twice that.

The only problem I can think of with that plan is selling them quick enough to buy another car to get back with everyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up about this

On the plus side,it looks like both Bulgaria and Romania will be allowed into the Schengen agreement

This basically opens the borders to the same degree as driving from France to Germany...just a little sign to say hello

On the downside,whizzair are cancelling all flights from most UK airports into Sofia as from November this year

So far it seems Luton will be their only departure gate to Sofia,and we're hearing rumours of it only being once a week on Fridays....

I'll update as I hear of things

• 2 months later...

So discussion last night has resulted in the following decision.

Shitefest- International is going to be held in Bulgaria on 26th May 2018.

My plan is to fly out Thursday/Friday.

Then purchase a car out there (Wartburg Tourist please) then drive home from the Sunday. Should be back in blighty on Tues or wed.

On the itinerary is a visit to communist space ship .

post-3994-15123136692309.jpgpost-3994-15123136811309.jpg

Remind me which part of Bulgaria we're going too?

Just looking at a map & it seems rude not to do a loop around the Dardanelles in Turkey while over that way just to leave europe...

So discussion last night has resulted in the following decision.

Shitefest- International is going to be held in Bulgaria on 26th May 2018.

My plan is to fly out Thursday/Friday.

Then purchase a car out there (Wartburg Tourist please) then drive home from the Sunday. Should be back in blighty on Tues or wed.

On the itinerary is a visit to communist space ship .

attachicon.gifimages.jpgattachicon.gifBuzludzha Monument Bulgaria 1.jpg

I have books on communist architecture and that is up there with the best of them and seems to be made all the weirder by it's dereliction.

So how easy it to get up close to, or even inside?