URGENT - The fate of the WW roffle 405 is in your hands

dave21478

So,

With collection planned for tomorrow, flight booked, ferry booked, insurance arranged, we get hit with "orange alert" storms which have caused some significant damage at work that I will need to repair immediately - basically I cant go.

Future work commitments, flight availability and prices mean its not justifiable to collect the car within the next month or so.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

Now what? well, its grossly unfair to expect the excellent Mr WilsonWilson to have to tax, insure and store a car he no longer owns, so I am passing the car on to someone from Autoshite.

I propose a basic auction. Five pound start, five pound bid increments, winner is the highest bidder tomorrow night at 10pm UK time according to the forum software.

If it goes for a fiver, so be it. If it goes for several hundred, thats wonderful.

Things to note - I refuse to profit from this. I have cancelled my  insurance with no penalty, can cancel the ferry for a minimal fee, the flight? ha....asking ryanair for a refund involves o'Leary coming round to your house and spitting in your face.

If that is covered from the auction, then thats nice (58 quid) If it doesnt go that high, then tough titty for me and I will try to rinse it through work expenses.

A percentage of the total will go to WW as compensation for me dicking him about - he has already had to fork out an extra months tax on it (twenty quid or so i guess?)

The rest will be donated to the forum.

WW ideally needs it gone by the end of next week so please take that into account and please dont let him down as I have done - he seems to be a 101% sound bloke.

Place your bid in a post on this thread, winner is the highest bidder at ten tomorrow. If there is a flurry of last second bids then the winner will be the highest bidder with a post time of 10:00.  10:01 is too late!

Thanks,

Thats a very generous offer Hairnet, but while I would definitely have found a use for the car I was much more interested in the general adventure of collectioning - having it delivered would be a bit of an anti-climax and I would rather let another shiter benefit from the car now.

If you still want the car I can collect it and store it until you are ready, I can even collect you from the airport when you have time to arrange collection.

Failing that I will add the next fiver bid

There is also the possibility of an empty trailer on another German collection so could get it to Frenchland.