The grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 minutes ago, Yoss said:

That's not from the Express is it? According to them it's the end of the world every week. There's always a tornado or 6ft of snow due 'next week'. 

Close but no cigar. However they are not the only ones.

image.png.c95f5edb2bad4194498d714108d3aa8a.png

image.thumb.png.3010c22a01ae61dfedf9d6cd5b834684.png

28 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Is the yard is covered in Concrete, with no trees or tall plants?

Mmm. And it's kinda overcast today. (Yes, dramatic measuring the concrete, air temperature is 35)

20220718_133647.thumb.jpg.2ac63a3ef82fdb43e897bb7c290668e9.jpg

Top of the car... Eggs cooked fully hard yes please

20220718_133742.thumb.jpg.5f943cb93ee798e7f54668fd01cd04cc.jpg

Plus it's about 70% rH here which gives it that sauna feelin'

The only people truly happy about air conditioning is my electric company.

58 minutes ago, PhilA said:

Mmm. And it's kinda overcast today. (Yes, dramatic measuring the concrete, air temperature is 35)

20220718_133647.thumb.jpg.2ac63a3ef82fdb43e897bb7c290668e9.jpg

Top of the car... Eggs cooked fully hard yes please

20220718_133742.thumb.jpg.5f943cb93ee798e7f54668fd01cd04cc.jpg

Plus it's about 70% rH here which gives it that sauna feelin'

The only people truly happy about air conditioning is my electric company.

That device was measuring air temperature, not surface. Hygrostick plugged in top. RH was only 20% fortunately.

29 minutes ago, Wibble said:

That device was measuring air temperature, not surface. Hygrostick plugged in top. RH was only 20% fortunately.

I know, you can get fun readings from concrete.

However, in the summertime here it's not uncommon to get in to the car and the temperature gauge comes off C before you've even started the engine...

10 minutes ago, PhilA said:

I know, you can get fun readings from concrete.

However, in the summertime here it's not uncommon to get in to the car and the temperature gauge comes off C before you've even started the engine...

Yep, I’ve seen that and whilst our site conditions no doubt contributed, this “artificial high” was very real for the poor guys and gals building the new industrial unit in front of us. No wonder there were only about three bods  on site today!

Our area lost power yesterday morning, and as usual it's knocked out the virginmedia land line. It's not come back up, so contacted them, first appointment for fixing is Saturday.

Engage the Ma having a total freak out and giving me 10 tons (metric) of shite. She's going to change to someone else. There is no one else.... land lines are deader than tank tops.

How can she phone her bestie tonight? Use your mobile. You have 16 hours of calls left, and if you use that you can borrow my phone for unlimited calls.

Not going to be able to go out on Saturday. Go out, I'll wait in for visit.

Scream / shout / wishes she was dead. All my fault somehow.

19 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

Our area lost power yesterday morning, and as usual it's knocked out the virginmedia land line. It's not come back up, so contacted them, first appointment for fixing is Saturday.

Engage the Ma having a total freak out and giving me 10 tons (metric) of shite. She's going to change to someone else. There is no one else.... land lines are deader than tank tops.

How can she phone her bestie tonight? Use your mobile. You have 16 hours of calls left, and if you use that you can borrow my phone for unlimited calls.

"Shut up, you old bat" - Rene Artois.

2 hours ago, jakebullet said:

When “ tech” goes wrong…. It’s always “ our fault “

On 7/18/2022 at 9:53 AM, robinmasters said:

Wife did this to the new car within a day of picking it up.

20220717_162735.thumb.jpg.d45a8f13ab1cb297aa590a2d594714ab.jpg

Somehow it's not her fault, as she hadn't driven very far. 

Fucksticks.

You say that, but I think it's a Citroen thing. I took my C6 into Birmingham Citroen to have an egged (damaged, I suspect, before I'd got the car) tyre replaced and when I picked it up that's what the wheels looked like - including the really high scuffs.

Dealer didn't know I'd seen it on the way in and told me the car needed a wheel replacing due to a warranty issue. "Is the warranty issue you drove it down a wall?"

Of course he doubled-down on lying until I pointed out I'd seen the car, then owned up that the tyre changing machine (operator) had mangled it but they were replacing it FOC.

Maybe Citroen elves have been replacing tyres like some sort of 21st-century cobbler's tale.

3 hours ago, jakebullet said:

Virgin media have to be the biggest pile of wank I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Their customer service is diabolical. When ringing them it was 50/50 if you'd get someone who actually spoke English after being on hold for a minimum of four hours.

This was about seven years ago and their superfast was quick 90mbps iirc but when it only works about 50% of the time and drops out every hour when it was working the fucking speed is pretty pointless.

Now been with plusnet for the last two years. I chose them because of their customer service reviews. On the rare occasion I've had to ring them you get a Yorkshire person to talk to with a next day visit by an 'engineer'.

£24 a month and a guaranteed 67mbps.