Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The new news 24 thread

• Please log in to reply
55189 replies to this topic

#53311 OFFLINE   fordperv

fordperv

• Full Members
  • 7,205 posts
  • 20 thanks
  • Locationstoke on trent

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:28 PM

I find they stain easy, instant patina would buy again

Omgratlook
  • Saabnut, Hooli and puddlethumper like this
Sir slidealot, knight of the roundabout

#53312 OFFLINE   Fumbler

Fumbler

• Full Members
  • 1,119 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationThe Sea, Just off Dover

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:10 PM

Made flammable gases with plastic gasifier. Clean burning too. Now to add a condensing coild and perhaps use electricity instead of a blowtorch with legs they call a camping stove.

Dream Shitebuckets:

VAZ 2104, 2105, 2109 (That's going to be tricky)-Nissan Bluebird-A Yugo of some sort.

Can't help himself over Ladas.
Careful now.

#53313 ONLINE   DodgeRover

DodgeRover

• Full Members
  • 6,424 posts
  • 96 thanks

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

Made flammable gases with plastic gasifier. Clean burning too. Now to add a condensing coild and perhaps use electricity instead of a blowtorch with legs they call a camping stove.

Got any pictures?

#53314 OFFLINE   Fumbler

Fumbler

• Full Members
  • 1,119 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationThe Sea, Just off Dover

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

Nein, mein Freund, on the basis that it was something that was a one off provoked by watching videos of it yesterday evening. I've done it before but this time I added a few things which resulted in low calorie fuel condensating on the top of the reactor (due to heat loss at the top because no insulation) and flammable gases which were probably naptha and other lovely things. Only way I can condense those is to get some fridge tubing and make a coil. That's a job for next weekend. Plus this is the crudest design in the world so that'll need to be addressed.

• tooSavvy likes this

Dream Shitebuckets:

VAZ 2104, 2105, 2109 (That's going to be tricky)-Nissan Bluebird-A Yugo of some sort.

Can't help himself over Ladas.
Careful now.

#53315 OFFLINE   puddlethumper

puddlethumper

• Full Members
  • 813 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:45 PM

Gives it that 'used in the workshop for 40 years' look in a few weeks!

Wow ! I didn't know they were 'that' good !

#53316 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 12,630 posts
  • 35 thanks

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:32 PM

Got a few bits done this weekend, albeit not as much as I wanted to (as per usual).  The Audi now has a shiny new track rod end and track rod middle, but no new wishbone bushes just yet.  I got the driver's side wishbone off (which took longer than usual as the bolt holding the ball joint into the bottom of the hub carrier stripped its thread and I couldn't get the poxy nut off), but the bushes have hitherto shown absolutely zero interest in vacating their (admittedly long-term by the looks of things) residence.  Ran out of time to do any more this weekend, but the next stage will involve fire and sharp things.  Although I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just sack it off and buy a complete new wishbone - they're only 25 quid delivered, with the ball joint included.

I got the sat nav working on the Rover 75, thanks to some pointers from AMC Rebel.  Involved taking half the dashboard out to find an elusive plug which had dropped way down under the centre console, but once that was plugged in the system immediately came to life and brought up a map on the screen showing my position.  This leads me to conclude two things: firstly, the secondhand BMW system I bought off eBay must have had a navigation DVD still in the GPS module, and secondly the GPS aerial must be bloody good to pick up a signal straight away. 

The CD player doesn't work (I think because the original Rover dash unit had a tape player so the head unit in the boot is looking for a tape rather than a CD) but I rarely listen to CDs in the car anyway.  The radio is fine and sounds decent, and the trip computer functions seem to work (which is good as the computer display in the clocks is barely legible).  Now all I need to do is fit it in the dash properly, and then I will have my second ever car with built-in navigation (the first being the Vel Shatis - although one of the Lagunas had it but it never worked properly).

Changed the front pads on the Rover 45 this afternoon - probably the easiest set I've ever done - one bolt to undo and then half the caliper swings out of the way so you can just pop the pads out and slide the new ones in.  Pistons wound in nice and easily too.  I think I'd had my money's worth out of the old pads:

IMG_20180916_150231.jpg

I was going to change the rear shoes, but they looked a bit of a twat to do and they also still had >2mm of liner on them so I'm going to leave them for now - I did tighten the handbrake though.  Whilst doing the pads I found that one of the outer CV boots had split quite badly, so I've ordered a split boot kit off eBay and will sort that next weekend.  Then it'll be MOT time...

• Split_Pin, skattrd and Lacquer Peel like this

#53317 OFFLINE   17-Coffees

17-Coffees

• Full Members
  • 555 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAberdeenshire.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:42 PM

Was at a local car show today held at Fyvie Castle with Supernaut and a friend. A lot of Morris Minors there giving me a few ideas as what to do with mine.

We left near the end of the even, meaning show cars were leaving at the same time, leading to this picturesque photo...
4B67455F-906D-4570-8726-501FAD580CF3.jpeg
Quite essentially British. Some fine British motorcars driving along in the grounds of a Scottish National trust castle.

Right after them was..:

A early 90’s Dodge Dakota pick up...
FD53768A-D5F1-4CC0-AE71-FB59AD4C93C9.jpeg
I could hear ‘Fortune Son’ playing in the back of my mind as it drove past, adding a complete contrast to the past two cars to drive past...

Gotta love local car shows! :D
  • oldcars and Hooli like this

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I did a 1000 round trip to drink & help push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again!" 

-Summery of Shitefest 2016. 

The Fleet:

- 'Minor Project' - 1957 Morris Minor 1000

The HMS LexBarge, 2000 Lexus LS400. 

'Shed IV', 1995 BMW 316i. (Co-owned with Supernaut)

Other's not on here:

- 2015 Abarth 595

#53318 OFFLINE   chodweaver

chodweaver

• Full Members
  • 1,844 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • LocationCongleton

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:51 PM

The blue voyager remains in the naughty corner, though it's really not its fault it runs rough and throws several fault codes - after trying a known good MAP sensor from the silver voyager, it threw an 'injector 3 open circuit' fault. Stripped it down to the point where I could get to the injector rail - and the loom here is an unholy mess - each wire has been spliced (badly) at least twice for the LPG kit, then lots of tape applied to each, much of which is now brittle and exposing conductor and solder right next to the head and the rail. Next job is to make all these connections good and apply heatshrink. In other areas, thinks are looking good - the awful stinkiness inside being in part due to an unemptied ashtray, which was removed, emptied and doused in foam cleaner. Air filter is in good nick though the fuel filter is bound to be full of cack, so a new one of those will be required.

I may have more wiring faults than just the injectors to chase down and fix though - often when plugging in the code reader, a relay (or perhaps voltage regulator) somewhere behind the dash has a good old chatter for 30s or so. Not had this cheapie code reader cause that before...
  • Keymaster likes this

'Ridiculing shit engineering for over half a century'

Vomit colour Corsa 1.4 Comfort badermatic (the one constant, reliable thing in my life /Quentin)

XM 2.1 SEDTurbo (leaky driveway ornament)

LT Multicruiser (guest bedroom and backup kitchen)

Mk1 MR2 (rumours of its health are lies)

In the Voyager Sanitorium:

Chrysler Graf Spee Limited 3.3 + LPG (suspected OMGHG, Driver's window failure, ABS, AC and driver's seat heater failures)

Spears and reapers Chrysler Graf Spee Limited 3.3 + LPG (suspected long term abuse by PO, passenger's window failure)

(I'm sure I've forgotten at least one...)

#53319 OFFLINE   skattrd

skattrd

• Full Members
  • 6,124 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationLincs

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:12 AM

…... Although I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just sack it off and buy a complete new wishbone - they're only 25 quid delivered, with the ball joint included.

I discovered this on VWs before, spend £12 on new bushes and £10 on a ball joint. Then wrestle the old ones out, new ones in, then realise for an extra £3 you could have just replaced the whole wishbone without fighting 

• Lacquer Peel likes this

84781.png185691.png314493.png364358.png351235.png411795.png821458.png

#53320 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,776 posts
  • 169 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:55 AM

Was at a local car show today held at Fyvie Castle with Supernaut and a friend. A lot of Morris Minors there giving me a few ideas as what to do with mine.

We left near the end of the even, meaning show cars were leaving at the same time, leading to this picturesque photo...
attachicon.gif4B67455F-906D-4570-8726-501FAD580CF3.jpeg
Quite essentially British. Some fine British motorcars driving along in the grounds of a Scottish National trust castle.

Right after them was..:

A early 90’s Dodge Dakota pick up...
attachicon.gifFD53768A-D5F1-4CC0-AE71-FB59AD4C93C9.jpeg
I could hear ‘Fortune Son’ playing in the back of my mind as it drove past, adding a complete contrast to the past two cars to drive past...

Gotta love local car shows! :D

I just like how you list supernaut separately to friends  :D

• Pillock, DeeJay, Supernaut and 1 other like this
Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

#53321 ONLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 2,085 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • LocationChiddesterrrrrr

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

2nd Wedding anniversary today. 

30869546495_ca908885c3_o.jpg

For the bus people on here, our vehicle was Green Line RCL2260

• Skizzer, Six-cylinder, Craig the Princess and 17 others like this

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#53322 ONLINE   LightBulbFun

LightBulbFun

• Full Members
  • 320 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:41 AM

Congrats! :)

I approve of your choice of Vehicle :)

interesting to see you went specifically for a Greenline restored RCL, I dont think iv seen one on hire for such an event before (iv seen plenty of Red RMs of various types hired for events like yours, but not a properly restored RCL I dont think ) nice to see something a bit different :)

the Last RCL made too :)

do you know if it still had its AV690 engine and correct diff? (PS is it me or is it dragging the rear end on the ground? I know these had air suspension so im guessing all the air is escaping somewhere poor bus)

I still want to get a Ride on an RCL/RMC, I did once sneak onto RCL 2229 while it was in storage at the acton London Transport museum once during one of the open days, but thats about it  :mrgreen:

#53323 ONLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 2,085 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • LocationChiddesterrrrrr

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

Congrats! :)

I approve of your choice of Vehicle :)

interesting to see you went specifically for a Greenline restored RCL, I dont think iv seen one on hire for such an event before (iv seen plenty of Red RMs of various types hired for events like yours, but not a properly restored RCL I dont think ) nice to see something a bit different :)

the Last RCL made too :)

do you know if it still had its AV690 engine and correct diff? (PS is it me or is it dragging the rear end on the ground? I know these had air suspension so im guessing all the air is escaping somewhere poor bus)

I still want to get a Ride on an RCL/RMC, I did once sneak onto RCL 2229 while it was in storage at the acton London Transport museum once during one of the open days, but thats about it  :mrgreen:

It was hired from The London Bus Company in Northfleet, Kent. They have a selection of ex-LT, Greenline & London Country vehicles, including Volvo Ailsa V3 that isn't normally available to hire.

http://www.thelondonbuscompany.co.uk it's a bit out of date though. 

Noise it made was very much AEC's fantastic growling AV unit (think they'd uprated to AV760) and looking over the driver's shoulder on the journey up to registry office he got her up to 50 so I would say it still has its coach gearing as it wasn't screaming. Platform did scrape the ground when the driver went to take it up a very steep hill in Gravesend.

• LightBulbFun likes this

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#53324 OFFLINE   clayts450

clayts450

Urban on-roader

• Full Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

Probably old news, but you can now find out where your shite was tested previously again on the MoT site, this time by entering in the V5 doc number

• mercrocker, Tam and Hooli like this

Current

1992 Rover 214SLi; 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited CRD2004 Rover Streetwise S

Historical choddage (stopped driving 1999-2016)
1969 VW Beetle 1300;  1977 Morris Marina 1.3 Super; 1983 Skoda Estelle 120L; Rover Metro; Vauxhall CorsaVauxhall Cavalier ; 2001 Rover 45 V6 Connie (May to Oct 2018)

#53325 OFFLINE   Saabnut

Saabnut

• Full Members
  • 533 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • LocationAberdeenshire

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:37 PM

I have been threatening to clean the daily Saab since before Shitefest18 so I could affix my AS sticker. It rained, so I did not bother. Things took on more urgency at Shitefest when DW kindly donated a Hub Nut sticker so I could help promote his excellent video channel.

Today, I stopped procrastinating! No, I did not wash it,  just cleaned a couple of patches so stickerage could happen!

Attached Images

• IMG_31691.JPG

• Lord Sterling, dollywobbler, FPB7 and 10 others like this

#53326 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

Rank: Glasses, bottles, bottles filter tips. John Player Special

• Staff
  • 40,865 posts
  • 170 thanks
  • LocationAudi wanker

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:20 PM

In one of those had-to-look-again moments just now, I discovered a Peugeot 107 1.0 petrol does 65 mph in second gear and an eye watering (*alleged*) 91mph in third. I don't even believe that myself, so will check again tomorrow.

• The Moog, tooSavvy, Lacquer Peel and 4 others like this
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#53327 OFFLINE   tooSavvy

tooSavvy

tooSerious x far..!

• Full Members
  • 6,426 posts
  • 11 thanks
  • LocationWallsend on Tyne

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

I don't even believe that myself, so will check again tomorrow.

..... officer ...... ;)
  • DeeJay and Cavcraft like this

Wallsend?.....it's not the End of the Walled ;<)

35942490325_0815d58667.jpgSUCKS

#53328 OFFLINE   castros_bro

castros_bro

• Full Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Locationen route

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:45 PM

^^^^^^^

As above caravan related news

westend-logo.png

Big Boy Bloater // Fri 21 Sep // 8pm // £12/10

"One of the great blues men of our time" Jools Holland
“Bloater is a phenomenal guitarist!” Mark Lamarr, BBC Radio 2

Aldershot born and bred, Big Boy Bloater is the creator of some very fine roots and R&B music. He is regularly asked to play guitar for legends of R&B, roots and blues and he takes his own band - the Limits - around the globe, playing at Latitude, Secret Garden Party, Ramblin' Man Fair, Hop Farm Festival, BluesFest, The Great British R&B Festival, Burnley Blues, Viva Las Vegas and more.

• blakey79, alf892, mercrocker and 1 other like this

#53329 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

Rank: Glasses, bottles, bottles filter tips. John Player Special

• Staff
  • 40,865 posts
  • 170 thanks
  • LocationAudi wanker

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:01 PM

Pick the bones out of that one, mutherflippaz!

41897066_1922153721413908_87880058951423

• Skizzer, RobT, DeeJay and 7 others like this
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#53330 ONLINE   mercrocker

mercrocker

Morris Major Elite

• Full Members
  • 7,901 posts
  • 68 thanks
  • LocationNew Forest

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:17 PM

^^^^^^^

As above caravan related news

https://www.westendcentre.co.uk/sites/hc...

Big Boy Bloater // Fri 21 Sep // 8pm // £12/10

"One of the great blues men of our time" Jools Holland
“Bloater is a phenomenal guitarist!” Mark Lamarr, BBC Radio 2

Aldershot born and bred, Big Boy Bloater is the creator of some very fine roots and R&B music. He is regularly asked to play guitar for legends of R&B, roots and blues and he takes his own band - the Limits - around the globe, playing at Latitude, Secret Garden Party, Ramblin' Man Fair, Hop Farm Festival, BluesFest, The Great British R&B Festival, Burnley Blues, Viva Las Vegas and more.

Good shout.  Bloater is phenomenal, wish we saw more of him on the rocking scene these days.   Unforgettable.   

If I wasn't rocking 300 miles away this weekend I would be there....

• Stanky likes this

1963 Morry Thou

1955 Cowley

1987 VW T25 Holdsworth

1990 190E

197? Portafold Caravan 

2000 Fiesta Zetec Ghia

#53331 OFFLINE   xtriple

xtriple

German is better than English!

• Full Members
  • 3,766 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • LocationTorquay Devon

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

Kyles birthday on the 30th (my son) ad he is turning into a proper petrolhead 'm pleased to say. So, I've bought him a compressor to be delivered direct from Amazon. I know his taste in cars is dubious (MR2 Turbo, X308 bodgified, Nissan Micra with BIG wheels) but he does actually like them now. When he was young he had no interest in older cars, now he loves them! I'm not keen on the matt black on the XJ but that was done by his mate whose car it was so will probably stay but otherwise, what's not to like!?

• mercedade, Jim Bell, NorfolkNWeigh and 3 others like this

#53332 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,776 posts
  • 169 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

Petrolhead is a good start, taste is something that takes years to develop.

• DeeJay and xtriple like this
Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

#53333 OFFLINE   R9UKE

R9UKE

• Full Members
  • 1,480 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationBelfast

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:19 PM

Caught up with a mate today, and the C5 V6 he bought off me a few years back.  It's going up for sale again and I'm tempted by it's 1)mega wafting capabilities and 2)extreme ugliness.  It's a 2001 launch model and was the all-singing-all-dancing demo for Citroen Belfast back in the day.  I've owned it twice already, tell me I don't need it again.  The sat nav still thinks it's in Shrewsbury and even more electrical items have waved the white flag.  

rZleAWE2TzejKyh6MQvAvg.jpg

9D0qFqBcS1ybmn2EUrBjzQ.jpg

• warninglight, Split_Pin, Craig the Princess and 11 others like this
French is best.

#53334 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,776 posts
  • 169 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:20 PM

My word that is minging, when do you collect it?

• R9UKE likes this

#53335 OFFLINE   Saabnut

Saabnut

• Full Members
  • 533 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • LocationAberdeenshire

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:20 PM

Sounds like shite!

GIB!

You know you want to. Does that help?

• R9UKE likes this

#53336 ONLINE   SierraMikeHotel

SierraMikeHotel

Mercedes Wanker

• Full Members
  • 1,764 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • LocationEast Sussex

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:05 AM

A C5 estate is probably exactly what I want, but I just don't think I can leave something that ugly outside my house. What were they thinking?
  • Lacquer Peel and BorniteIdentity like this

#53337 ONLINE   RobT

RobT

• Full Members
  • 3,753 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • LocationSE London

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:22 AM

A C5 estate is probably exactly what I want, but I just don't think I can leave something that ugly outside my house. What were they thinking?

Park it two streets away, problem solved!  

• Nyphur likes this
1982 miniMetro 1.0 L
1986 Renault 11 Automatique
1991 Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 CDi

#53338 ONLINE   SierraMikeHotel

SierraMikeHotel

Mercedes Wanker

• Full Members
  • 1,764 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • LocationEast Sussex

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

Park it two streets away, problem solved!

Away from my route to work, station and town, with the rear facing my approach - I like your thinking!
  • RobT likes this

#53339 OFFLINE   Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

GM free since 89

• Full Members
  • 7,142 posts
  • 49 thanks

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:31 AM

They have really grown on me, at first I thought they were a bit ugly but I really like them now. They cost pennies and are great load loggers.

#53340 OFFLINE   Tadhg Tiogar

Tadhg Tiogar

• Full Members
  • 3,273 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationNot currently in Ireland

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

.....The sat nav still thinks it's in Shrewsbury....

The rest of the country was just something that happened to other cars.

• R9UKE likes this
F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside,
F*ck your Subaru, I have a horse outside.
And f*ck your Mitsubishi, I've a horse outside,
If you're lookin' for a ride, I've got a horse outside

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Arthur Foxhake, alcyonecorporation