Shitefest Shropshire 12-14th July

Very much looking forward to this, it's once again within 90 mins of the parents! Looking at the website, the toilets and shower look reasonably posh too, which is always a good sign for fair weather camping ponces like me :) 
Sounds like the entry track is the perfect excuse for me to bring the Land Rover this year, assuming I can put all the electrons back into the wiring loom between now and then 😂

Also very much up for Cosford too.  Another suggestion could be Blists Hill living Victorian town which is an absolutely fab experience, though unfortunately the ticket prices are £lol by AS standards 

13 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Cosford would be ace btw, been meaning to go for yonks. Is the BRIXMIS Senator still on display?

I was there around Christmas and I don't recall seeing it tbh.

@Talbot happy to do hookup for lights/chargers.  Less keen if its a heater.

Which reminds me to sort out some fire wood and charcoal for the fire pits.   I'll buy some nearer the time unless anyone has a particularly good source.

There's a screen in the woods if we'd like to watch a film?  I wondered if anyone fancied swiping 70s car chase videos from YouTube and making something we could put (quietly) on a loop.

Miss Cats is from Bridgnorth so I've asked her to sort out a list of the best takeaways.

2 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Which reminds me to sort out some fire wood and charcoal for the fire pits.   I'll buy some nearer the time unless anyone has a particularly good source.

How about Ben in Bitterley on the wharf? If you pick it up yourself I'm sure he'll do you a deal.

Is there a projector on site? I've got one that'll do a decent image size and it'll connect wirelessly to Android or Apple stuff.

6 hours ago, Scruffy Bodger said:

How about Ben in Bitterley on the wharf? If you pick it up yourself I'm sure he'll do you a deal.

Is there a projector on site? I've got one that'll do a decent image size and it'll connect wirelessly to Android or Apple stuff.

Good thinking mate.

There is, but I don't know if it'll do that.

Thanks 

Anyone else planning/needing to bring children? My wife and eldest are away anyway that weekend so would need to bring 1x 6 and 1x 9 year old.

I'm sure they would love it anyway but other kids would be a bonus

13 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

@Talbot happy to do hookup for lights/chargers.  Less keen if its a heater.

That's fair enough.  I was thinking mainly for lighting, charging stuff and possibly for AC reeeegas, as it seems to be a running theme that I gas at least two vehicles per shitefest now.

(vac pump is about 100w, so counts as being "not a bloody great 3kW heater.")

1 minute ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Talk about welding at shitefest reminds me of a story from here where someone did welding on an old Fiat in the garden and set the whole garden on fire and almost burned the house down.  

So welding at shitefest maybe not be a good idea.

You should definitely attend a Shropshire Shitefest. Shropshire is a lovely county

1 hour ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Talk about welding at shitefest reminds me of a story from here where someone did welding on an old Fiat in the garden and set the whole garden on fire and almost burned the house down.  

So welding at shitefest maybe not be a good idea.

merc will be ready by then

crowd fund for the ferry from kristiansand ftw

For the screen we should just make a playlist of the best of the YouTube Moments thread, and stick it on a computer with uBlock Origin, full screen, low/no volume, done.

Or AS classics?

A to B, Twin Town, Restless Natives, Goodbye Pork Pie, C'etait un rendezvous, the C15 outdriving Astons... you get the idea. Ronin perhaps, for people that have only seen seven minutes of it?

Or the wildcard of sticking a HubNut video or something on and letting the algorithm shove something at us.

47 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

Could you make it @Dyslexic Viking? I'm sure between us someone could pick you up from the airport and I could lend you some camping gear. Flights start from about £130.

father-tedand-doyle.gif.146b4240185acdcb5df99edcabef5e97.gif

Any flights to Manchester? The train goes from the airport direct to Ludlow which is 20 mins or so from the destination. Bristol also with a change at Newport.

1 hour ago, horriblemercedes said:

You should definitely attend a Shropshire Shitefest. Shropshire is a lovely county

Don't tell everyone, that's why there's no bugger here, barely anyone visits!

For any other introverts out there who don't generally enjoy mixing with large groups and are wondering whether or not to come...

DO! Whether it's at Shitefest, FoD, FoTU or Rustival I've found meeting other shiters really relaxing and enjoyable. It's that feeling of, "Ah, I can relax, I'm with my people" that makes their company easy.

11 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

For any other introverts out there who don't generally enjoy mixing with large groups and are wondering whether or not to come...

DO! Whether it's at Shitefest, FoD, FoTU or Rustival I've found meeting other shiters really relaxing and enjoyable. It's that feeling of, "Ah, I can relax, I'm with my people" that makes their company easy.

Yes! That nice feeling when for the first time in your life, you are the target audience!

2 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

Could you make it @Dyslexic Viking? I'm sure between us someone could pick you up from the airport and I could lend you some camping gear. Flights start from about £130.

father-tedand-doyle.gif.146b4240185acdcb5df99edcabef5e97.gif

1 hour ago, juular said:

@Dyslexic Vikingyou absolutely bloody should.

I'm not a person you would want there. 

But thank you both.