eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

10 hours ago, doug said:

Just beat me to it Cort! Check out those minty wheel arches.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

The Mercedes mats and lack of wear on drivers seat are a good sign. 

The spoiler, missing jacking-point caps, possible dent in rear door and non-standard wheels may point to trouble...or not.

But not expensive and they are superb cars to own and drive.

The motoring equivalent of owning a Lear Jet. Last a lifetime and take you anywhere hassle-free.

5 hours ago, lesapandre said:

The Mercedes mats and lack of wear on drivers seat are a good sign. 

The spoiler, missing jacking-point caps, possible dent in rear door and non-standard wheels may point to trouble...or not.

But not expensive and they are superb cars to own and drive.

The motoring equivalent of owning a Lear Jet. Last a lifetime and take you anywhere hassle-free.

What’s wrong with the spoiler? 

1 hour ago, Shortos said:

What’s wrong with the spoiler? 

Nothing in itself. But as a non-standard fitment it may or may not indicate a car that has been messed about. 

Additional bad signs for me are aftermarket wooden steering wheels that look like they have been made at a fretwork evening class and those chrome arch covers...😂

Original MB mats are an initial good sign...along with an unworn drivers seat bolster...

54 minutes ago, MrGTI6 said:

Mk3 Astra on eBay. Clutch is slipping but long MOT with no advisories. Currently at £255. Surely the clutch on one of these is a fairly cheap and easy job?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313754096409s-l1600.thumb.jpg.18b0f185cad40036412d42ac29f9315b.jpg

There was a breed of Vauxhalls that had a 'slide-in' clutch that was a doddle to change. You didn't have to take the box off, just open a cover, slide a shaft and pull out the old friction disc. Or something like that. 

This is going back a while, I remember it on a MK2 Cav so maybe they abandoned it by the time this MK3 Astra was around. Far too much of a good idea. 

"Ambassador, with this wheelarch rot you are really spoiling us"

Just 4000bins. Very weird pictures. Par, which is miles away from everywhere.

(I do want one but not this one)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Ambassador-1984-2-0-HL-/203694445356?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Screenshot_20211117-201700.png