eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

14 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Fam, most 928s are autos. Very very very few were manual, although it was an option. 

I love that, but I couldn't stand adenoidal foamers telling me that it 'had to' have Pasha seats every time I got out. 

Fuggin' three speeds, too! What were people thinking?

It would also be significantly better if it did have Pascha, too... *ducks*

I respect the sheer dedication of the owner of this Chrysler because they've spent the best part of £2000 on an almost full respray (along with other unspecified work) only to be left with an almost completely undesirable, LHD, car with a fucked  gearbox.

56391400_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.1633e0bf447b30ce47b3a0b8679cb0dc.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175027823138?hash=item28c078a222:g:dJAAAOSwPBNhlm7V

7 minutes ago, barrett said:

Fuggin' three speeds, too! What were people thinking?

It would also be significantly better if it did have Pascha, too... *ducks*

Pascha, sorry. 

Try owning an SVX, and watch every po-faced cunt quote that fucking Jalopnik article. 

Yes, dipshit, I have something that would take yards out of an SVX. It's called a fucking Impreza Sports Wagon and it cost me less than it would to convert an SVX to manual and completely ruin it. Next! 

22 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Pascha, sorry. 

Try owning an SVX, and watch every po-faced cunt quote that fucking Jalopnik article. 

Yes, dipshit, I have something that would take yards out of an SVX. It's called a fucking Impreza Sports Wagon and it cost me less than it would to convert an SVX to manual and completely ruin it. Next! 

You've got it easy. Try hanging with the Palladium bores. 'Oh, centre gearchange model? How quaint'. 'Timkin rear axle? Mine's a Moss old chap'. It never stops!

1 hour ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Why would you want to do that anyway?  The auto suits the SVX just fine - it's not a sports car.

2 hours ago, Isopon said:

I respect the sheer dedication of the owner of this Chrysler because they've spent the best part of £2000 on an almost full respray (along with other unspecified work) only to be left with an almost completely undesirable, LHD, car with a fucked  gearbox.

56391400_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.1633e0bf447b30ce47b3a0b8679cb0dc.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175027823138?hash=item28c078a222:g:dJAAAOSwPBNhlm7V

@brownnova your not still looking for a WBoD are you? :) 

(I mean you have multiple 2CV's so im sure screaming along at 60Mph doing 4000RPM will be no problem for you right? LOL)

9 hours ago, KWhite said:

I don't know what part of this advert I like more.

The bloody massive dent in the wing?

The "We tried to clean it but fuck it, it's only a Rover" state of the wheel trims?

The half open window which makes me wonder if that's where it lives?

The bonnet appearing to be on crooked

The unbeleivable fake white room backdrop which will most certainly have a greasy fella with gut overhanging from his hi-vis shirt behind it?

The complete lack of attempt to match the actual ground with the 'studio' flooring?

10/10 would dispair at again.

2 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Billericay. Sez it all.

10 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

...As long as it doesn't commit hari-kari, sure 'tis grand. 

There are ways to mitigate it - and they're cheaper than shoving an invariably knackered Legacy GT-B six-speed into an SVX after said Legacy has been pinged off the armco somewhere in the Peak District by some cretin who never serviced it. Either fit an ally rad with a stronger built-in oil cooler or bypass the factory unit altogether and go external. You're looking at a maximum of £1000 to sort it plus a few hundred more to find a chip tune that mitigates the shifts programmed originally. The box changes harder but it's not burning itself out to do so. 

That said, it's not an impossible conversion to manual but I'd be very wary of the condition of the components needed to do it. 
The US has a very (very) vocal SVX scene who like to fit 4.44 final drives to cars 'because it makes them faster'; they shout down anyone who wants to do things differently. 

Cool, yeah, and you're doing 4000 rpm at 70 and the engine's screaming its tits off. 
You know what's faster than an SVX you've bought and converted for several thousand pounds (after reconditioning the six-speed and not-readily-available-in-the-UK 4.44 rear diff)? A £1500 bone stock Impreza WRX. 

The US members can't see past their own nose. Most of them want Skylines but can't afford them owing to the price gouging from importers cashing on 25 year rule eligibility. They never got hot GC/GF Imprezas (although they did get more two-doors than the UK) and can't understand that other English-speaking markets bought SVXs which have other, cheaper ways to go fast. 

I have never understood why you'd want to make a 1700kg GT into a sports car. There are literally thousands of other options available unless you're wedded to the looks of the SVX so badly you have to have it with a manual. People simply don't understand what GTs are meant to do. 
No-one's talking about fitting better, more efficient autos into SVXs.

Maybe I should do that instead of arguing with everyone. An SVX with a modern eight or ten speed self shifter would give far better fuel consumption and be a damn sight quicker without compromising its nature. I do have a Subaru six-speed in the garage, but it's not going in the SVX. Long-term, I want a DCCD conversion on my GF8 WRX. That, to me, is worth the effort. 

Sorry, I've derailed this thread again. 

28 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

There are ways to mitigate it - and they're cheaper than shoving an invariably knackered Legacy GT-B six-speed into an SVX after said Legacy has been pinged off the armco somewhere in the Peak District by some cretin who never serviced it. Either fit an ally rad with a stronger built-in oil cooler or bypass the factory unit altogether and go external. You're looking at a maximum of £1000 to sort it plus a few hundred more to find a chip tune that mitigates the shifts programmed originally. The box changes harder but it's not burning itself out to do so. 

That said, it's not an impossible conversion to manual but I'd be very wary of the condition of the components needed to do it. 
The US has a very (very) vocal SVX scene who like to fit 4.44 final drives to cars 'because it makes them faster'; they shout down anyone who wants to do things differently. 

Cool, yeah, and you're doing 4000 rpm at 70 and the engine's screaming its tits off. 
You know what's faster than an SVX you've bought and converted for several thousand pounds (after reconditioning the six-speed and not-readily-available-in-the-UK 4.44 rear diff)? A £1500 bone stock Impreza WRX. 

The US members can't see past their own nose. Most of them want Skylines but can't afford them owing to the price gouging from importers cashing on 25 year rule eligibility. They never got hot GC/GF Imprezas (although they did get more two-doors than the UK) and can't understand that other English-speaking markets bought SVXs which have other, cheaper ways to go fast. 

I have never understood why you'd want to make a 1700kg GT into a sports car. There are literally thousands of other options available unless you're wedded to the looks of the SVX so badly you have to have it with a manual. People simply don't understand what GTs are meant to do. 
No-one's talking about fitting better, more efficient autos into SVXs.

Maybe I should do that instead of arguing with everyone. An SVX with a modern eight or ten speed self shifter would give far better fuel consumption and be a damn sight quicker without compromising its nature. I do have a Subaru six-speed in the garage, but it's not going in the SVX. Long-term, I want a DCCD conversion on my GF8 WRX. That, to me, is worth the effort. 

Sorry, I've derailed this thread again. 

I have long had a crush on the SVX but have always been put off by the gearbox for 2 reasons: Firstly, I have never felt comfortable with the car changing its own gears, the lack of control makes me feel unsafe, however I reckon this could be mitigated by more experience with them (favourable experience I should add)  Secondly, I have it in my mind the SVXs are inherently untrustworthy, by that I mean that even if you keep on top of servicing, it is inevitable that something will shear, snap, or propel itself out of its housing. I would love to be proven wrong on all these counts as it has a shape and presence that makes me go weak at the knees, although I probably shouldn't be distracting myself, it would be nice to see what they are like. Am I right in thinking they only went with the Auto because they couldn't make a manual that could take the grunt?

I can't comment on any particular auto, but I have experience of 4* cars with auto gearboxes. 

There's no reason to feel unsafe. 

Occassionally the kickdown makes a decision you might not have made.  Sometimes it will drop a gear where you wouldn't bother in a manual, or sometimes not drop down when you'd already be in a lower gear.  

But you get used to it, and tune your right foot and with time, your subconscious understands the gearbox's rules.

* 1.8 cdi Mk2 cavalier with 3 speed auto

Omega 3.2 with 4 speed auto 

Astra J 1.6 with 6 speed auto

Astra J 1.4T with 6 speed auto 

5 minutes ago, New POD said:

I can't comment on any particular auto, but I have experience of 4* cars with auto gearboxes. 

There's no reason to feel unsafe. 

Occassionally the kickdown makes a decision you might not have made.  Sometimes it will drop a gear where you wouldn't bother in a manual, or sometimes not drop down when you'd already be in a lower gear.  

But you get used to it, and tune your right foot and with time, your subconscious understands the gearbox's rules.

* 1.8 cdi Mk2 cavalier with 3 speed auto

Omega 3.2 with 4 speed auto 

Astra J 1.6 with 6 speed auto

Astra J 1.4T with 6 speed auto 

Thank you, obviously it is all to do with the type of car you're wanting and its intended role, but that is reassuring to know :) 

1 minute ago, MisterH said:

Thank you, obviously it is all to do with the type of car you're wanting and its intended role, but that is reassuring to know :) 

I mean if autos were intrinsically dangerous, I don't think even the Americans would put up with that. 

1 hour ago, cort16 said:

Deserves a good home - seems to have been nocking about the internet for ages.

With an SV engine  these are very slow but OK for attending garden fetes or cross-dressing as Miss Marple or something like that.