eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

3 hours ago, D.E said:

An excellent reason to visit Stoke again.

Will be VED, MoT and ULEZ-exempt by end of next year. Just add Tetraboost and earn max shite points by sticking two fingers up at Khan.

Downside: looks like metric tyres. £280 + VAT per corner. 

From the LandCruiser group, a dodgy mcdodgefuck LandCruiser

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Amazon-vx80-automatic-/255231867117?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Chap on the group had gone to see it, welded over VIN plates and other nasty things. Comes complete with sob story of selling for a sick friend who's in Istanbul.

Oh, and DON'T TRY IT ON TO HAGGLE.

7 hours ago, St.Jude said:

From the LandCruiser group, a dodgy mcdodgefuck LandCruiser

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Amazon-vx80-automatic-/255231867117?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Chap on the group had gone to see it, welded over VIN plates and other nasty things. Comes complete with sob story of selling for a sick friend who's in Istanbul.

Oh, and DON'T TRY IT ON TO HAGGLE.

Well he calls himself 'kingsharky' so I wonder what that means for his personality...

12 hours ago, grogee said:

A TVR Tasmin isn't a kit car?

TVR loved a bit of wedge in their earlier models.

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

My thoughts also. They've probably ruined a perfectly good P4 in the process.

Yep, that's just ruined an exceedingly rare and potentially quite valuable car. I'd love a 52-54 P4 (definitely 'peak P4') but I can only recall seeing one other for sale in the last few years. The world really, really doesn't need yet another JET1 replica.

3 minutes ago, barrett said:

Yep, that's just ruined an exceedingly rare and potentially quite valuable car.

It seems 75% of custom projects never get beyond the stage of ruining the donor car.

I suspect it's because most people who think they're viable have no concept of how much work it requires, much less the smarts to actually build something functional.

See also, all the cars where an engine swap went as far as binning the original powerplant and then realising it doesn't fit and none of the original drivetrain is going to work with it. "All the hrd wrk alredy dun, ez project"

23 hours ago, grogee said:

"Ambassador, with this wheelarch rot you are really spoiling us"

Just 4000bins. Very weird pictures. Par, which is miles away from everywhere.

(I do want one but not this one)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Ambassador-1984-2-0-HL-/203694445356?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Screenshot_20211117-201700.png

This Embarrassador appeared in the driveway of a house a stone's throw from our place around six months ago. I'd never seen it before so I assumed it had been liberated from a garage or something. At a brief glance, it looked squeaky straight and clean although the ebay listing suggests it's just starting to go around the edges. 

It looked pretty immaculate when it was spotted for sale a couple of years previous...

Screenshot_20211118-201731_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, TheOtherStu said:

It was built like a kit car in the factory....My understanding is that every one is different, not by design, but by the whim of the workers. 

3 hours ago, TheOtherStu said:

'Kit car' is my disparaging term for these Blackpool fibreglass wonders. By the letter of the law they are series production cars but as @New POD@Tadhg Tiogarsays quality was poor on the good ones. Downright dangerous on the bad ones. 

All of that said, I would give my eye teeth for a hard top Tasmin