Secret Shitters

UltraWomble

Junkie musician Pete Doherty had a fleet of shagged out Jags at one point. Also (allegedly) caught smuggling drugs across the Italian border in an XJ8.

This is very true. He’d park them wherever, and should one get towed - he’d go buy another for £750 or whatever. I read it in something like Q magazine. (Must be true)

Author, critic, and 'singer' George Melly waxed lyrical about the comfort of the VW LT band wagon in his book Mellymobile but only ever drove a moped himself.post-7547-0-77435600-1508454884_thumb.jpg

His tales of epic journeys in the back of 1950's British vans are entertaining but sadly lacking in details of the actual vehicles besides their acute discomfort.

Author, critic, and 'singer' George Melly waxed lyrical about the comfort of the VW LT band wagon in his book Mellymobile but only ever drove a moped himself.attachicon.gifimage_236192_3_1_3_5_8_6_6_10_1_64356.jpg

His tales of epic journeys in the back of 1950's British vans are entertaining but sadly lacking in details of the actual vehicles besides their acute discomfort.

When Melly played in Derby in the 80s he turned up in a CX estate

This is the actual Fiat Doblo owned and driven by diminutive white funkster JayKay.

Saw a recent ( post Evans) TopGear on Dave , yesterday where he says he uses it for running around because it's easy for the dog to get in and out.

post-17414-0-47087800-1508485982_thumb.jpeg

Although I have a client who is a neighbour of his and whenever I've seen him ! he's always been driving the expected stereotype Lambo,Ferrari or G Wagen.

This is the actual Fiat Doblo owned and driven by diminutive white funkster JayKay.

Saw a recent ( post Evans) TopGear on Dave , yesterday where he says he uses it for running around because it's easy for the dog to get in and out.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Although I have a client who is a neighbour of his and whenever I've seen him ! he's always been driving the expected stereotype Lambo,Ferrari or G Wagen.

Jamiroquai's bass player lived in the same town as me for a long time (St Neots).  The whole town got very excited when a Lambo suddenly appeared on a quiet unassuming driveway in town.

Jamiroquai's bass player lived in the same town as me for a long time (St Neots).  The whole town got very excited when a Lambo suddenly appeared on a quiet unassuming driveway in town.

I've got family in St Neots who have gone through a sucession of MK2 Cortina's, Montego's and recently Rover 75's, and I think are currently ferrying around in a 406 Estate :)

When my cousin Phil told everyone that he'd seen Jay Kay in his Lambo at the local spa getting a packet of fags, no one believed him.  Praps he wasn't telling fibs.

Brenda owned/owns several special Vauxhall station wagons....I think the Viceroy may have escaped, unless there are others?

attachicon.gifDSCF5057.JPG 

Not MOT'd since 2009.    Right colour though....

The little known reason for HRH preferring Vauxhall estates was that during her time as amechanic in the Auxiliary Territorial Service in the War, she learned to weld and liked to practice whenever possible.post-17414-0-39875300-1508494532_thumb.jpegpost-17414-0-36203000-1508494621_thumb.jpeg

After doing the Viceroy's front turrets in about 1987 the advances in rust prevention meant she resigned herself to putting patches on the odd Rangie or Defender in moments of stress.

Luckily Jaguar came to the rescue ....

post-17414-0-52130300-1508494777_thumb.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Not really car related but JK was the page boy at my mum and dad's wedding. It's my dad's claim to fame when he trys to get down with younger folk. Usually a young lady hair dresser. His Grandad was big pals with my Grandad, I remember his Grandad visiting quite often in his Alfa Romeo and later a Datsun 100Y. Maybe where he has got his Petrol genes from.