Nipple play! - Moogs Mootahs

The Moog

I have to say that NJGLeeds has done most of the work on this.

I would love to know what Renault dealers do to reset the handbrake. Google hunting doesn't really help.

Worse comes to worse i will just run without handbrake but that is likely to consign it to MOT failure hell

Will stick these photos here so i know where they are. Guy on Renault forum has stripped a scenic handbrake and they look identical.

e89f469934f7176c1534b81194c69b2a.jpg57f812b8e49a99b83a32f7ee49d828b8.jpg70ea0e2f925e557feb191e129e1cf9f1.jpgcf891c1ba8f450c0244c2abccb4bdd11.jpg6e243ddf96c2d122bbf776fe7a64ebfc.jpg

a490af4f160493b857c26561603f4382.jpga9deb2fbe279e8f56b6e3c24e1c59cd4.jpg43eb5d99c6655a71b73005b9232dd98d.jpg

Switch looks interchangeable. Only issue is that is if it is the circuit board then they are coded to car.

Looking at that mechanism the only way the car can determine the position of the handbrake is through the magnetic switch.

I would hazard a guess that the switch has to be lined up with some sort of hole or gap in the mechanism to work, if the switch isn't lined up right with the position of the twisty shaft/cables then the computers can't reset/initialise and kick off.

Depending on plum size I would either:

Try different positions to see if you can get it right be trial and error

Take the switch off and look through the hole with a torch to see if you can see where the hole is

Strip it down like in the pics to build it back up lined up

Bonne chance.

Agreed with above

Currently the handbrake doesn't work. So chances of making it worse are zero. Plummage bravery will be notched up to eleventy.

I am going to try and get a box from scenic or similar so we have a spare.

This would be pretty impossible with Neil's ramp and Snapon coding tool.

Got to report to insurance even if you don't claim. Theft excess is £350. Told them it is worth £500.

Proper gutted as loved that car.

Polis said not come up on any of their cameras so likely number plate been changed or only used locally.

New tyres are sitting in the back of the vel satis.

Means unlikely to be doing Knockhill.

Few weeks ago they opened every car on the street including brand new Audi. Obviously came back for a rifle through

Paul's 305 van was locked and he has a special cutoff so not sure how they moved it.

Just realised that i have a vel satis with no backup car.

Reason they took starlet was they found the key in the focus when they went through the glovebox. I don't think it was a starlet licker or something that has value.

Time for some CCTV i think.

I genuinely am not sure whether I'm more upset at the fact your awesome Starlet has been nicked, or as a result of even contemplating having a Vel Satis as a sole method of transportation without any backup...

It's highly unlikely it'll end up travelling far but I'll keep my eyes pealed on local Faceache for-sale pages...