The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Had my safe care policy review with social services on Friday. Been advised I am not allowed to give advice to my Foster child regarding drinking or drug use also smoking erm sexual health or anything for that matter. This is because I am a "Foster carer" Therefore because I only have real life experience of these matters and the associated problems that can arise from it and not read it in a book then I am unqualified. The thing that sets me apart from a lot of carers is this experience and ability to relate and have empathy with the teenagers with a lot of problems that I Foster. It's my own fault really. A social worker has been promoted and needed a stuck to hit me with. So without details on here. I handed her one, on a tray with a fucking ribbon round it. So things done by the book now has requested. Never mind the child is already kicking off and demanding to speak to a manager has I had to tell her yesterday that I am not able to advise her on a problem she had. Oh well I shall just do my job with both hands tied behind my back and tape over my mouth, so to speak.

First world problems?

Found a pub we hadn't been to before, went in last night and some of the lager was £12 a pint. TWELVE QUID.

You could get a train to Wolverhampton, walk to the Clarendon Hotel, have 6 pints for the price of one at that place, and get a train home to chester all for the price of 2 pints.

Mind you only Mondays and Thursdays for the cheap beer deal.

Had my safe care policy review with social services on Friday. Been advised I am not allowed to give advice to my Foster child regarding drinking or drug use also smoking erm sexual health or anything for that matter. This is because I am a "Foster carer" Therefore because I only have real life experience of these matters and the associated problems that can arise from it and not read it in a book then I am unqualified. The thing that sets me apart from a lot of carers is this experience and ability to relate and have empathy with the teenagers with a lot of problems that I Foster. It's my own fault really. A social worker has been promoted and needed a stuck to hit me with. So without details on here. I handed her one, on a tray with a fucking ribbon round it. So things done by the book now has requested. Never mind the child is already kicking off and demanding to speak to a manager has I had to tell her yesterday that I am not able to advise her on a problem she had. Oh well I shall just do my job with both hands tied behind my back and tape over my mouth, so to speak.

Surely you are employed to act as a surrogate parent, and should and must give advice as you see fit. Obviously leaving out any none PC biases you might have.

Surely your own moral compass is good enough?

I ask because my sister in law did fostering for years and she's never not once not given advice and support even when it wasn't wanted.

There are two sorts of social workers, the superb salt of the Earth type who genuinely want the best for the people under their care, and utter arsehole jobsworths who don’t give a shit, sadly it seems you have the second sort. It used to be that majority were good but the pressures of the job have forced a lot of the best ones out sadly but they are still there thankfully.

Middle lane wankers were out in considerable force on the A1M and M1 today, even on the four lane parts of the M1, some in lane 3 trundling along at 60mph. I soon grew tired of moving to lane 3 or 4 to overtake and just shot past them on the inside. I was not alone - some really good driving skills on show from those who understand how motorways are supposed to work....

Middle lane wankers were out in considerable force on the A1M and M1 today, even on the four lane parts of the M1, some in lane 3 trundling along at 60mph. I soon grew tired of moving to lane 3 or 4 to overtake and just shot past them on the inside. I was not alone - some really good driving skills on show from those who understand how motorways are supposed to work....

Yeah I saw a lot of them on the A1 up here too. Fucking dozy cunts they all are, those pointless 'safety' cameras should be used to do them all for careless driving. To me forgetting you should drive on the left is bloody careless.

One hundred percent sure this will have been posted before but why is everyone on piston heads so fucking clever? And so supremely knowledgeable about matters of engineering when they're probably all marketing managers? Wish I knew as much as them lads...

Oh yeah its full of cunts, I have been a member on there for about 13 years but now I only visit the Biker Banter part of the forum, the rest of the place is filled with the most unimaginable assortment of utter wankers and mouth breathers like you wouldn't believe, it really is dickhead central, I'm sure some of the sub forums are ok but the general forums just make me want to kill people so I don't bother anymore.

Not all cunts are on PH, I got banned a few years ago...

Ha! I got well flamed on here [kept the tearstained Tshirt for cam cover polishing - the salt, y'know] learned to keep my neck *'well in'...

*Except when ramblinn on about stuff I've owned and totally stripped/bodged up/fixed/held spanners for an expert doing it.

Total respect to anyone else on here who speaks from experience/tech :)

Friday I drove from Warrington to Birmingham, some of the smart motorway on the M6 is open with no 50 mph speed restrictions, knutsford to maybe sandbach , well I say open , it was on 60mph with no traffic on it

But, I became aware of no traffic coming the other way at all so I thought ,big crash motorway shut

Nope , van broke down in lane one so they shut the motorway to recover it , then 10miles further down again, rolling road block that stopped rolling because Dave the recovery driver hadn't got it on yet, then another southbound on the way back near stafford, that's more rolling roadblocks than I've seen in 12 months .

Is that really how it's being run, every broken down car needs the motorway stopping , what a balls up, traffic chaos coming soon

Friday I drove from Warrington to Birmingham, some of the smart motorway on the M6 is open with no 50 mph speed restrictions, knutsford to maybe sandbach , well I say open , it was on 60mph with no traffic on it

But, I became aware of no traffic coming the other way at all so I thought ,big crash motorway shut

Nope , van broke down in lane one so they shut the motorway to recover it , then 10miles further down again, rolling road block that stopped rolling because Dave the recovery driver hadn't got it on yet, then another southbound on the way back near stafford, that's more rolling roadblocks than I've seen in 12 months .

Is that really how it's being run, every broken down car needs the motorway stopping , what a balls up, traffic chaos coming soon

I came home from Wolverhampton on the m54, a41, m53, m56, Runcorn Bridge, m57 route.

95 miles 2 hours 7 mins.

I like your edit! But if it was easy we'd all be doing it, I'd love a five bedroomed house and a new Audi but you have to take some big risks at times, anyone can sell cars for a living and there's no entry qualifications required but a lot of folk just like to complain about the guys trying to make a living (thats not aimed at anyone on this thread btw) my experience of traders is about 50/50 bad/good but I've bought 90% of the 50 odd cars I've had privately.

In my business the product we sell has a mark up of around 700% if you look at the actual cost of the product offered versus the selling price, but the owner has had to invest 20 million to be able to make those margins, I don't hear any moans about rip off prices from our customers who will happily pay them

I think the complexity of a car and it’s potential to go tits up means that they will naturally be a risky sell second hand. There is also the potential to tart up a ropey car to sell to the unsuspecting so I guess a certain number of dealers will always be dodgy. We used to have a superb place in Tamworth, Mercia cars, I had three cars from them and all were spot on. Then one day they were gone and replaced by a real dodgy outfit. Most of the places selling cars below £5k never seem to last more than six months around here.

Ha! I got well flamed on here [kept the tearstained Tshirt for cam cover polishing - the salt, y'know] learned to keep my neck *'well in'...

*Except when ramblinn on about stuff I've owned and totally stripped/bodged up/fixed/held spanners for an expert doing it.

Total respect to anyone else on here who speaks from experience/tech :)

Know what you mean but it's a hard one. I've worked in heavy engineering for 22 years now. Everything from hitting things with sledgehammers to measuring with micrometers. Thing is it doesn't make me a car mechanic as my uncle is always reminding me! You read the comments on piston heads and the lads on there are saying " ah well such and such a car has this suspension technology and that's why it rides better" and you get suckedbinto thinking that they design cars for a living, not that they've just memorised what car. Anyone can pretend they know what they're on with unless you've seen them work you can't prove they're a dickhead!!

There are two sorts of social workers, the superb salt of the Earth type who genuinely want the best for the people under their care, and utter arsehole jobsworths who don’t give a shit, sadly it seems you have the second sort. It used to be that majority were good but the pressures of the job have forced a lot of the best ones out sadly but they are still there thankfully.

My missus works multi agency with social workers and you're right 100 per cent incredibly hard job that requires utter dedication luck of the draw to find the right people in the right role

My missus works multi agency with social workers and you're right 100 per cent incredibly hard job that requires utter dedication luck of the draw to find the right people in the right role

The workload is ridiculous and with little appreciation from the general public sadly. It’s a meat grinder of a job these days and one I wouldn’t/ couldn’t do.

Fuck nuggets. Was just maximising the room on the drive and rolled the Porsche forward too far, hit the shitting Triumphs overrider and took some fucking paint off the sodding 944.

Should've left the cunting thing where it was for fucks sake.

attachicon.gifIMG_20190127_215906.jpg

Chuffing wankpuffs.

Liked for the inventive swearing.