Collecterated…….

Rocket88

Collected yesterday, and drove it back. It’s has some issues, but nothing horrendous.

Fuel gauge borked. Speedo similarly. Overdrive intermittent. Seats a bit 18th century.

Heater hose decided to leak with great enthusiasm, but managed to make it to a retailer of heater hose, and sort it out.

Behold the magnificence 

17C50527-E0C4-4BFB-9734-198F24C37B75.jpeg

786E66E0-CF07-4732-896D-26CDDA4121AC.jpeg

B56999A5-861E-45DF-BBD9-96AA662E1DB4.jpeg

3076E02D-1FF6-402D-AC36-E5A4771E56DA.jpeg

You're much hairier than I thought you would be. 

There's a "Rover" joke in there somewhere too, but I can't think of one at this precise moment, I'm halfway through a bag of jelly babies, and very possibly about to slip into a diabetic coma.

Well bought! (Slump)

4 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

You're much hairier than I thought you would be. 

There's a "Rover" joke in there somewhere too, but I can't think of one at this precise moment, I'm halfway through a bag of jelly babies, and very possibly about to slip into a diabetic coma.

Well bought! (Slump)

Her nickname is Scrote……. Imperious little Madame….😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Back_For_More said:

I'd had this bookmarked too..... Very well bought sir. I love it. 

I too had thought a curved end to the rear bumper and swapping for peeps would help a little. 

It's just glorious as it is ow though so only being a picky twat really. 

Is it a long term addition? 

That’s the plan….. but I’m really in need of an auto gearbox. Thinking of maybe trying to source a 3 litre P5 engine and auto box. The only P4 they did in auto flavour was a 105, not the best of boxes, and a different block to all of the other 6 pots.

The P5 3 litre was just a bigger version of the 2.6, so would be” in keeping “

20 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

That’s the plan….. but I’m really in need of an auto gearbox. Thinking of maybe trying to source a 3 litre P5 engine and auto box. The only P4 they did in auto flavour was a 105, not the best of boxes, and a different block to all of the other 6 pots.

Good idea. I also recon p5b rostyles would look good on this.

On 30/12/2023 at 17:53, Back_For_More said:

I'd had this bookmarked too..... Very well bought sir. I love it. 

I too had thought a curved end to the rear bumper and swapping for peeps would help a little. 

It's just glorious as it is ow though so only being a picky twat really. 

Is it a long term addition? 

Having failed miserably to procure anything affordable to insert into the Rover ( that would actually fit without the use of a) big hammers or b) require running gear upgrade, a suitable i.e cheap solution has been acquired.

56k miles 2.9 with auto box for £450, collecting in a week or so

Spent yesterday( in the rain) wrestling the catastrophically uncomfortable bench seat out to fit something a little more suitable for my ageing skeletal frame

Also procured an electric power steering system ( ex Corsa) to fit

Going to the mender’s on Friday for complete steering/suspension/ brake overhaul, and extraction of existing lump

With edition of a better rear bumper arrangement, pretty much everything else will remain “ as is”, although researching the idea of a canvas tilt on the back 

D0FEDAE0-9C6F-4E13-B0C5-904BF757AB40.png

7CDB0019-43CA-443B-B68C-40D12A2CC9CE.png