PSA: MANNOL 5w-30 oil currently working out at less than £2 a litre...! (Again!) OFFER EXPIRES TOMORROW 30/10

RoverFolkUs

1 hour ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

My bad - I totally missed that 7511 is not rated at C2 or C3 so baaad for DPFs

mine's pez (Kappa) but apparently High and Dry changed preferred spec in service as discussed here

C3 is indeed suitable for DPF Diesel engines (not exactly an i10 !), but its use came in when some i10s suffered problems with exhaust valves coking up, something low ash oil like C3 addresses.

But I've not found a tech service bulletin to confirm this...

21 hours ago, sierraman said:

Ordered mine at 3pm yesterday and it arrived this morning. Excellent service. Makes you wonder why people go to ECP for things like this, they’re not even that cheap these days. 

Ordered mine at 9.05 am yesterday and it was delivered at 9.40am today. I'm in the arse end of nowhere so, once again, first class service by these guys. 

(not as in First Class Royal Mail as we're not getting daily deliveries here any more due to 'staff shortages'. Amazon is coming out by DPD now)

21 hours ago, sierraman said:

Ordered mine at 3pm yesterday and it arrived this morning. Excellent service. Makes you wonder why people go to ECP for things like this, they’re not even that cheap these days. 

Was a tenner or so more for my 5w30 from ECP when I looked, more so for my mates 0w30 bottle of piss. I remember when they would be the cheapest for stuff like this. 

Equally the only results I get are castrol or shell helix, maybe theyve given up competing in cheap lubes. 

My car had shell helix last year as I got given a new bottle by a mate who sold his car before servicing it and it was just as oily and lubricationy as this mannol seem to be to my uneducated eye

Just done an oil change on the Mii,  and the Astro with the mannol 5w30 fully synthetic. Luckily both use the same oil.. Less than 15 quid for 5 litres delivered, how do they do it? 

P.S . Astro uses an Astra Diesel oil filter, and a Rover SD1 fuel filter.. plugs were less than a tenner for 10..  

29 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

how do they do it? 

I guess the flip question is why is everyone else is so expensive.

One thing I have noticed is they list some grades as APPROVED and some as COMPATIBLE. I.e. some ratings have the manufacturer stamp of approval and some are just formulated to meet their requirements but not tested by the manufacturer to give a stamp. 

Lack of marketing and approval costs probably help a lot here. I wouldn't even be surprised if approval by a manufacturer means a cut of the profit too. 

29 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

If I had more storage space I'd be stocking up. Great deal but just not practical for me to store 

Get a piece of 6x3 ply and place in the living room on top of 4 barrels.

New coffee table for the good lady and lots of cheap oil. Everyone’s a winner.

You’re welcome. Check back in for tomorrow’s top AS tip.

47 minutes ago, SiC said:

I guess the flip question is why is everyone else is so expensive.

One thing I have noticed is they list some grades as APPROVED and some as COMPATIBLE. I.e. some ratings have the manufacturer stamp of approval and some are just formulated to meet their requirements but not tested by the manufacturer to give a stamp. 

Lack of marketing and approval costs probably help a lot here. I wouldn't even be surprised if approval by a manufacturer means a cut of the profit too. 

My local motor factors have started stocking it, but prices are comparable with Comma or Mobil..  must be quite a mark up for them..

Noticed Mannol 4- takt,  for bikes too, just ordered some for the Tiger.

4 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

Noticed Mannol 4- takt,  for bikes too, just ordered some for the Tiger.

I just got through 2 containers of their Mannol Dextron 2 ATF and 1 of OAT coolant - same company on eBay. If you screw up the order (I did) there's a customer service number 01908 348091, they can cancel an eBay order asap (refund took maybe 30 minutes) - so long as it has not left their warehouse.

48 minutes ago, primeradoner said:

Ordered mine on Monday and just arrived this evening

Ordered Monday. Arrived 9:43 am this morning. Courier brought it into the house as my wife couldn't lift it. 18kg. 

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered 10 litres of the basic 5w30 and 5 litres of Mannol G12 coolant for just shy of £30. Whilst I don't have a pressing need right now, always good to have fluids ready in case of unexpected emergency!

3 hours ago, 320touring said:

I've had 40L of the 45 ordered delivered. The remaining 5L went to Hermes apparently on The 17th.....

Don't worry too much. Part of my previous Mannol Carousel order disappeared due to a rubbish courier. A message via eBay to them and a replacement was soon with me by a proper courier.