eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

19 minutes ago, TheIsleofShite said:

I know there’s limited Beetle love on here, but this is a lovely honest original Beetle.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134522421682?hash=item1f522941b2:g:JpsAAOSwTHZkMAgU

86EF345B-E159-4C2F-87EC-CD60BDFD6672.jpeg

I had one very similar to that after owning badly abused VWs in my youth.  An original Beetle has a lot of integrity and that makes it enjoyable.  One that’s been badly maintained is a never ending pain, and that’s the kind that most people have experienced 🙁

12 minutes ago, garethj said:

I had one very similar to that after owning badly abused VWs in my youth.  An original Beetle has a lot of integrity and that makes it enjoyable.  One that’s been badly maintained is a never ending pain, and that’s the kind that most people have experienced 🙁

Totally agree, I have a 1 owner 40k 1975 Beetle which is a joy, it lacks the charm and arguably the solidity of the earlier examples but still highlights how good these cars were when new. 

Be an Autoshite Hero like @Skizzerwith this Gamma saloon.  Often they’re in terrible condition but this one should be fine as it’s been off the road since 1985

image.thumb.png.9aeb1e3021077c342002ae43b26cefc5.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225509553021?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=17gB7FjXSKy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=y9xs1hiVQ9O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 hour ago, D.E said:

Stealth Late registration madness too

Weird AF seeing a 4 digit 2 letter reverse plate on a car that old.... (such plates where not issued until 1953 at the earliest and a good number of registration offices issued the 4 digit 2 letter plates last rather then first, only issuing them after first exhausting all the 3 number 3 letter reverse combinations first)

but as thats what was current issue when it was finally registered in 1961 thats what it got!

and no ones bothered to Declare it manufactured 1950 either, its still a 1961 Vauxhall as far as the DVLA is concerned :) 

17 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Stealth Late registration madness too

Weird AF seeing a 4 digit 2 letter reverse plate on a car that old.... (such plates where not issued until 1953 at the earliest and a good number of registration offices issued the 4 digit 2 letter plates last rather then first, only issuing them after first exhausting all the 3 number 3 letter reverse combinations first)

but as thats what was current issue when it was finally registered in 1961 thats what it got!

and no ones bothered to Declare it manufactured 1950 either, its still a 1961 Vauxhall as far as the DVLA is concerned :) 

Maybe it came over from NI, Isle of Man or the Channel Isles and got a mainland reg in May 61, or could be a rebuild from parts?