Ask a Shiter

warren t claim

I can't even recall what's under mine as it just works but I think those are just drop links. Cheapos that can't take the load maybe?

Somehow "drop links" sounds less scary than "anti-roll bar."  If it was an old Citroen I'd be shrugging that off as a service item.

Thanks dude, I think there may be an insulting bid on its way to that.

Attention you spray painter chaps. I done a few rust scabs on the primera today. Ground out and rust treated then filled. I got an aerosol made up to the paint code.so after doing it and using proper undercoat from spray paint place. It looks ok but is just Matt finish. So do I need to wet and dry the paint then buff it up to get a shine.

If the tin says it’s correct, Try a heavy tcut and polish.

Somehow "drop links" sounds less scary than "anti-roll bar." If it was an old Citroen I'd be shrugging that off as a service item.

Thanks dude, I think there may be an insulting bid on its way to that.

If that insulting bid should happen to be not quite insulting enough for the vendor, let me know...

I’ve got a set of brand new brake discs for a 9-5 sat here gathering dust.

Wife's friend has a 2009 Ren-O Grand Scenic, which has had a wiper motor fail. One side wiper started juddering, and now they will not operate at all. She's been quoted £850 for a new pair of motors and fitting, which sounds *horrendous*

I know nothing about these new-fangled dual-motor arrangements, other than they have two motors. I assume there's some sort of positional control between the two. And an ECU maybe? Are they coded to each other? To the car?

Is there any repair that can be made? Or just grab one from a scrapper?

Also, WTF was wrong with a motor and linkages?

Got a 1994 k11 Micra L spec.  I would love a el cheapo budget stereo which could be slapped in with minimal wiring ( plug in appeals ) that would let me play mp3's from a USB stick.

Any recommendations? 

Halfords have got some ex display units for £30-£35 which look like decent value, should be plug and play too http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/car-stereos/ex-display-sony-dsx-a200ui-car-stereo

Wtf are you meant to do with old coolant?. Big warnings on it saying do not pour down open drain and to be fair adding it to the water table doesn’t sound like a great idea . I’ve got about 10 litres of it in bottles after flushing the cooling system on the cortina .

Guest Hooli

Wtf are you meant to do with old coolant?. Big warnings on it saying do not pour down open drain and to be fair adding it to the water table doesn’t sound like a great idea . I’ve got about 10 litres of it in bottles after flushing the cooling system on the cortina .

Burn it? :D

Seriously, no sodding idea. It's a good question.

I just pour mine into the waste oil tank at the tip, I'm sure it'll be separated and disposed of properly.

Pour it in the oil filler apature of 11 random Rovers.

Perfect crime.

I got my primera adaptor from halfords. Very friendly lad put reg no in and went and got it. Only £7.99 . Dearer than eBay but at least you know it's right. Then went home and fitted my €10.00 scrap yard blaupunkt state of the art ICE system. I know it is state of art cos my lad looked at it and said "look at the bloody state of that, buy a proper one.

Then went home and fitted my €10.00 scrap yard blaupunkt state of the art ICE system. I know it is state of art cos my lad looked at it and said "look at the bloody state of that, buy a proper one.

Hopefully it was one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Blaupunkt-New-York-RDM-127-90s-NOS-Car-Stereo-w-CD-Player-Boxed-Warranty/292447345880?hash=item4417385cd8:g:CAkAAOSwoddaWh2j

Guest Hooli

How come we aren't allowed to use incandescent bulbs in our houses, but we can in our cars?

Yup EU bullshit. lights that work & you can see & read by are now illegal to sell. It's part of the dumbing down campaign that forces you to watch TV & get brainwashed into never thinking for yourself.

Where is a good place on an xud11 to tap for a boost gauge?

Just found one in my stash and might as well fit it.

Same pipe that goes between the pressure side of the turbo and the injection pump, which the pump uses to increase fuelling during BOOOOOOST.

Post an underbonnet and I'll point to it.