Ask a Shiter

warren t claim

is the old bit of exhaust with the cat box in worth anything other than .002p of scrap rusty steel ?

Yes quite possibly, especially if it's an original part rather than an aftermarket replacement. 'BANGERS R US' facebook group is useful for ballpark figures.

Re: the auto-renewing insurance.

They are bastards for this now. I always make sure I tell my insurers at the time of taking out the policy that they are NOT to keep my payment details on file, and they are NOT to auto-renew my policy.

Several times they have still renewed the policy and attempted to take payment. Every time I call up and complain they waffle on about "we always do this" and "you have to be insured at all times" etc.etc. bollocks. My response is then "I told you at the time to not renew the policy. It's up to ME to ensure I am insured when I need to be. Not up to you!".

An argument then ensues about whether they should have auto-renewed or not. I then challenge them to pull the recording of the conversation of xxxxxxxx time and date so they can confirm that I specifically requested they do not auto-renew. They will then come back to me a few days later and say "we can't find the conversation, but we'll cancel this as a goodwill gesture".

Goodwill gesture my arse. Do what I bloody asked you to do!

Email them the minute you have finished buying that they do not under any circumstances have permission for a continuous payment authority on your card. And save the email. They're all twats who think they just have carte blanche on your money.

What is the best way of viewing Autoshite on a mobile device?

I use the mobile site but it seems to be missing some features like being able to jump to a certain page. This may of course be attributable to my jalopy of a telephone.

I did once look at the Tapatalk app for another forum I use but I had no idea what was going on and nearly fell I to a coma as a result so promptly uninstalled it.

This week my Rover is in for its MOT and I don’t think it’s going to pass without spending mega money.

The thing is I have a lovely low mileage E36 compact Ti and a real beautiful E36 convertible to use plus a nice Z3 to but the biggest problem is insurance on the lot.

My classic insurance is nearly up on the the Z3 and the rover of doom insurance is up next month so I just wondered if there’s a way of insuring all cars on one policy cheap as that way I can use them a month at a time and tax each monthly.

Try Hagerty? Six-cylinder has a group policy with them, which has worked well for us so far. They are sponsoring Dollywobbler's Invacar restoration, so have an AS presence as well! :-)

Give them a call and see if they are able to advise further.

If they can't help, I believe Footman James and Peter Best do something similar.

Try Hagerty? Six-cylinder has a group policy with them, which has worked well for us so far. They are sponsoring Dollywobbler's Invacar restoration, so have an AS presence as well! :-)

Give them a call and see if they are able to advise further.

If they can't help, I believe Footman James and Peter Best do something similar.

That was in answer to 'Is there a way of insuring four chod cars on the cheap'

This week my Rover is in for its MOT and I don’t think it’s going to pass without spending mega money.

The thing is I have a lovely low mileage E36 compact Ti and a real beautiful E36 convertible to use plus a nice Z3 to but the biggest problem is insurance on the lot.

My classic insurance is nearly up on the the Z3 and the rover of doom insurance is up next month so I just wondered if there’s a way of insuring all cars on one policy cheap as that way I can use them a month at a time and tax each monthly.

I have three pre96 vehicles on a policy from Peter James. I don't know what year an e36 is, but I guess a z3 should just sneak into a classic policy.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

What's involved in getting a custom exhaust? I presume the car will have to go and get measured and fitted, or do they just get the required measurements online or summat and post the exhaust off to me? Any really rough idea of costs?

I've only ever replaced one exhaust out of 50+ cars owned in the past.

TB completely H, I just want it to sound a bit better than standard and I don't mind throwing a bit of dolla at it.

What's involved in getting a custom exhaust? I presume the car will have to go and get measured and fitted, or do they just get the required measurements online or summat and post the exhaust off to me? Any really rough idea of costs?

I've only ever replaced one exhaust out of 50+ cars owned in the past.

TB completely H, I just want it to sound a bit better than standard and I don't mind throwing a bit of dolla at it.

You may be in luck, go North and have a chat with these as they do standard pipework and make one off exhausts, they’ll have a look at your chod and discuss it with you. Say the magic words Perouda Nippa and drink their free coffee.

http://www.mrexhaust.co.uk/contact_us.htm

Do Shiply quoters see other prices that have been offered?

I currently keep getting revised quotes and they are getting lower and lower. If anything makes me wonder why they are so low.

For a Newcastle to Bristol run the lowest so far, just in is £236. That's for a 280 mile trip one way. How can they even make a profit at that?