1985 Ford Granada mk2 estate. Sold and collected.

danthecapriman

Hmm, right then.

Firstly, I'm not going to let it get smashed! And yes, I think I must have been asleep for the last few years or something! There's an un motd one with no engine on ebay and the bidding for that is over a grand already.

For everyone interested - I likely will have to sell this on. I can't see me being able to keep it the way things are financially for me at the moment.

However, I do need to just hold fire on it for now as something pretty major has happened regarding another car of mine which has really caused me some serious shit!

Sorry to be a right pain in the arse and a let down but I've urgently got to sort this out one way or another before making any decisions with this.

Hope you understand.

Dan.

Guest Breadvan72

Enough with the too cheap, already!  I know that I was guilty of that to begin with.  But, think: if the car goes on eBay, it will be bought by an idiot and scened to death, and/or flipped for a stupid profit, whether after being pimped up, or as BRAN FIND YO SEE IV U CAN FIND ENUTHER yadda yadda blah blah blah.

If it is sold cheap to a shiter, it will stay in AS world, and be gradually improved (or kept much as is but looked after).

OK, so it is only a car, not a thing with a soul, but, as we benighted loons love these heaps, best to keep it in house if we can?  

I am not after it myself, I hasten to add, but there are those here who would LERV it, but prob could not afford it at sceney prices.  Some may say, tough luck, join the real world, smell the coffee, pay up or belt up, but we ain't Trumpland, are we?

I know that saying the above means that I will have to sell the next car I try to sell on here for a quid, but whatevs.

Thanks gents!

Honestly, I'd love this to end up with someone here. As BV72 said, I'd like someone to have it that really wants it and will appreciate it and love it. I'd even rather see it painted mat black and 'scened' than destroyed on the oval tbh.

I'm upset to have to let it go but the grim reality is that costs on another car (guess which...) have taken a huge turn. It's partly my fault for not keeping tabs on things and getting carried away but I've got to face the facts and start taking steps to make sure I don't have a financial meltdown!

Sad really, that it's probably the last one of these I'll ever likely be able to have but I can't have it all.

Oh, and this things got a soul alright! Remember Junkmans haunted Rover? This one is more like Christine!!

Thanks gents!

Honestly, I'd love this to end up with someone here. As BV72 said, I'd like someone to have it that really wants it and will appreciate it and love it. I'd even rather see it painted mat black and 'scened' than destroyed on the oval tbh.

I'm upset to have to let it go but the grim reality is that costs on another car (guess which...) have taken a huge turn. It's partly my fault for not keeping tabs on things and getting carried away but I've got to face the facts and start taking steps to make sure I don't have a financial meltdown!

Sad really, that it's probably the last one of these I'll ever likely be able to have but I can't have it all.

Oh, and this things got a soul alright! Remember Junkmans haunted Rover? This one is more like Christine!!

Gah.

The great thing about selling on here - is it's not a life sentence.  I sold that green Sierra last year and really bloody shouldn't have.  The guy I sold it to immediately flipped it, and it's now some lad's pride and joy and he'd rather sell a kidney than sell that car back to me.

If it's in the family, then not only can you keep tabs on it - but you're always going to have first shout on it if/when it becomes available again.

Don't beat yourself up.

Guest Breadvan72

The Frod would roffle fast, or could probably be mobfunded a la Sierrabase, but surely it should be sold to Herr Graf Junkmeister von Autosheisse for cash wonga.

I gather from my sources that a member of the Sierrabase Cartel who must remain anonymous has very reasonably stipulated that the car must never on any account be brought within 100 miles of wherever he happens to be at any given moment.  If I was in a Grenader Syndicate, I might want a couple of goes in it, but would otherwise say "here's the money, now get that heap off my property before someone takes off and nukes the site from orbit, as it's the only way to be sure."

Sorry to hear that you are having woes, Dan.  This is AS and we're here to help, even if it is by conning you blind out of valuable motors taking chod off your hands at fair prices. 

This granny is one of my fave AS cars, and can't quite believe that I haven't pm'ed you saying ME ME ME! I seem to have the need to make a vehicle 'fit' in my collection for reasons only my mental health team would know. Hope you manage to sort what you need to sort Dan.

I must admit I've been having a dilemma about the Granada all night, i drove 250 mile to look at a 2.8 GL saloon for more money a couple of years back which turned out to be a right bag of shit so this would make up for that. The only thing being a estate is that it's massive but at that price I'd get the roof done and the other bit tidied up as it be worth it. I've been after a little project so this could be ideal.

Pm me if you decide to sell again at the same price and I'll see what i can do.

Okay, if my offer to buy it outright is declined, I'd like to have #13, #21, #23 and #25, please.

Can't say for sure yet, I'll need to see what can be done about my problem and see. Shouldn't take long though.

I must admit I've been having a dilemma about the Granada all night, i drove 250 mile to look at a 2.8 GL saloon for more money a couple of years back which turned out to be a right bag of shit so this would make up for that. The only thing being a estate is that it's massive but at that price I'd get the roof done and the other bit tidied up as it be worth it. I've been after a little project so this could be ideal.

Pm me if you decide to sell again at the same price and I'll see what i can do.

It's not all that much bigger than a saloon really. It's pretty much the exact same size as my dads 2010 Mondeo estate. It just makes much better use of the size, and it looks a million times better!

Dibs on the yank tank for £1500 plz

I'll be getting buried in the yank! It'll be a cold day in hell before that leaves!

Have you got room to keep it? If yes I'm sure some on here (me included) might be prepared to buy a share in it (at a fair price).

I do have room, for now. But space is a tiny part of the problem long term.

I've found a load of bits for it today too.

A complete spare carb, pair saloon arches, new water pump, set 4 new door glass weatherstrips, new unused thermostat and thermostat metal housings (front and back halfs), and I found the missing black rub strip for the front wing too. All of which can go with it.

Thanks so much for the kind words too gents! Much appreciated.

The HTW plate suggests it was a company car for a Ford Exec when new.

No it doesn't, Essex is and was full of Fords of that era with 'TW' plates. It is just an Essex registered car with 'TW' plates unless there is paperwork to suggest otherwise. Still quite a few old Fords around here with 'HJ' 'VW' 'HK' and 'TW' plates, so I wouldnt read too much into the plate.

£850 is a barg, I would love to drive that around Southend.