LightBulbFun

wanted an invacar AC Model 70 and general ramble thread, index on page 1, 2 Potential Model 70's located page 46, and TWC says hello! :)

thanks for the offer! right now I dont think it will go anywhere as I simply dont have £1800 sadly, I do hope he signs up to the forum so we can have more good old fashioned casual talk about invacars :) but its good to know your willing to go check em out,  I do want to call the guy again tomorrow or something to get more details but im worried about being a bother....

6 minutes ago, egg said:

So is the 'spares' car probably just a normal (not privately owned) Invacar that escaped the crusher do we think?

aye indeed, he says he got it from his local invacar garage which he knew very very well, but was told by the garage that it must never be driven on the road, as they where meant to and this is the Governments official words apparently "Mutilate them beyond economic repair" (as in this is what the DHSS told Invacar garages to do to Invacars when they where being scraped) so I imagine they would of been in for a bollocking if it was spotted on the road at the time

and for this reason at the time he never bothered figuring out its reg etc, and he just used it off the road. (so it did run at one point in time), im sure these days it would not be an issue to go about getting it back on the road :)

22 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

I might be up for an AS group buy if there's any interest in that, especially if it keeps them out of the hands of a flipper. Depending on the what the spares consist of Zel and DW might chip in too.

an Autoshite bike... stick that next to the Rover and the Jag, would make for one hell of a lineup :mrgreen:

im thinking @egg when do you think you could go have a poke at them?

I wonder if I should give you his Phone number, and you can call them to to visit on my behalf? :)

(as I think yeah even if I cant afford it at current, its a good idea to figure out what exactly im working with here, especially if I do go down a group buy, or go halves with someone)

Yay another Model 70 on the road! although its still showing up as untaxed on the DVLA (but he says its taxed and MOT and insured, it does show up as insured via https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/?web )

image.png.b4d905b7c9c7c9965193120cfdec5623.png

(also to make dollywobbler feel a bit better, its a Model 70 that handles hills even worse then TWC does :mrgreen: )

2 minutes ago, egg said:

@LightBulbFun Having volunteered, I've now looked at my diary and seen I'm pretty busy (including working Saturdays) until the late May bank holiday...

But some free time may crop up, I'll just have to keep you posted for now.

Possibly this Sunday...

Ah its alright dont worry about it :)

ill PM you their Phone number just incase you do have some free time that you want to spend looking at Model 70 Invacars :) 

9 minutes ago, plasticvandan said:

fully legal now,even though never fitted originally

I thought the cut off was 1975? (even though it was 1973 originally back in the day)

or are they doing it on a 40 year rolling basis now with the whole historic tax thing?

so for those following my fighting the government thing

I just got off the phone with them, as I had sent my mandatory reconsideration notice in over 6 weeks ago and heard nothing back from them at all, apart from a text message saying "we got your fit note" even tho I never sent a fit note, the notice was sent via recorded delivery and I have proof of delivery etc

turns out according to the chap on the other end of the phone, if you send it via recorded delivery it actually has a higher chance of not making it to its intended department, kinda counter intuitive... also prime example of government being government for you LOL

so the guy sent me a special email for me to respond back to with the PDF of my mandatory reconsideration notice, so I did that and confirmed that he got it on his end, and that its fully intact

he said it will be processed now, and that I should hear back in a couple weeks time...

oh and on top of all of this I was on hold for over 40 minutes...

not much I can do atm other then wait once more, but im sick and tired of this crap...

(but at least they actually have it now! or so they say...)

in better news, for those following DW on social media will know he visited http://www.elmsleigh-invacar.co.uk

and those following this thread know theres what looks like a Model 70 behind the building

and that I had a feeling it was WPD607G because of its colour

well guess what :)

IMG_20190515_100606.thumb.jpg.abba073cf2b344e976c4bfb49b88bd25.jpg

indeed I was correct!, im hoping DW grabbed pictures of its chassis number so I  can properly ID which one it is :)

2 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

City Road petrol station. 

Cool :)

are you going to ask to have a drive in it now that she is back on the road? :mrgreen: (if not a bit poorly with carb issues, I also wonder how the pulleys/belt is doing but he has not mentioned anything about that)

3 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

in better news, for those following DW on social media will know he visited http://www.elmsleigh-invacar.co.uk

and those following this thread know theres what looks like a Model 70 behind the building

and that I had a feeling it was WPD607G because of its colour?

indeed I was correct!, im hoping DW grabbed pictures of its chassis number so I  can properly ID which one it is :)

Glad this got spotted, I wonder if that would be for sale too?

4 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Cool :)

are you going to ask to have a drive in it now that she is back on the road? :mrgreen: (if not a bit poorly with carb issues, I also wonder how the pulleys/belt is doing but he has not mentioned anything about that)

If I was offered the chance I would, but I'll leave that to him (or somebody else to mention to him). 

Wonder how it handles on the tram tracks about a hundred yards beyond the petrol station ?

3 minutes ago, greengartside said:

Glad this got spotted, I wonder if that would be for sale too?

yeah top work for spotting it :)

I do wonder that too, DW did not mention anything in regards to that tho

its like buses (LOL) you wait forever and literally 3 show up at once :mrgreen:

6 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

and that I had a feeling it was WPD607G because of its colour?

Complete with bonus EPCO engine hoist photobomb.

Someone ought to contact Elmsleigh about their website; the spelling and grammar is awful.

On 5/11/2019 at 8:39 PM, somewhatfoolish said:

Given the Invacars were binned off around the millenium I suspect any paperwork about them has long since been sent to landfill.

You'd be surprised how long records are kept that don't contain incriminating evidence on public officials.

10 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Impressions I got was it was not for sale. Maybe he would be more interested in getting it running again now there's growing interest - and actual road legality.

the ironic? thing is its more illegal currently on its ringed reg then it would be if they had just left it alone

at some point i think ill give them a call and see if I can help them get it back on its original registration :) 

I do wonder where the current Reg is from, going by the fact its a G plate, but AC (ELECTRIC) still, I want to say off a Model 67? although the Model 57 was made at the same time so could be off one of those too

Hello TWC!

many thanks to Dollywobbler for dropping by with TWC, it was very Awesome to see her in the fibreglass :) and we had a good chat about invacars (what did you expect!) and how TWC is running MUCH better and how DW finally sees how good the Model 70 actually is, comfortably cruising at 55Mph :)

image.thumb.png.5dbd129b7847ff1af01f91926dd65ad1.png

I think this is the first time something other then a Red van has been parked in front of the SD1 for over 20 years LOL, but also a good what year was the photo taken :)

and heres a Handle bar shot :) its actually surprisingly comfortable, I was sat in TWC for about 40 minutes without too many issue in the scheme of things

image.thumb.png.944157a438603c3710c71ae0c49b1138.png

Goodbye TWC!

once again many thanks to Dollywobbler for dropping by and making my Morning Awesome :)

^^^ That's bloody brilliant! Pleased you managed to see TWC, good of DW to make that happen.

Hope the ESA gets sorted out, what a mess 🙁

Pretty cool that you got offered 2 x Invacars + spares for what sounds like pretty reasonable money! Would they consider splitting the deal and selling them separately?

indeed it is :) it was very exciting, and at the point DW said he was 10 mins away, i was pretty much fixated looking out my window seeing if I could spot him arriving LOL

yeah hopefully things start going well on the ESA thing, once i was off hold for 40 minutes the actual phone call itself went fairly well in the scheme of things, so I hope thats a sign of good things to come!

indeed on the 2x Invacars, I want to call him again for more details but im just a bit worried about being a nuisance, maybe next week or so, im not sure if he will want to split, he is sorta looking to sell them because of age etc and I know in those sorta circumstances most people much prefer selling everything in 1 big bundle then trying to split things up separately

if anyone is interested in going half and half, and you are genuinely interested in Invacars and not just looking to flip one for quick profit, do hit me up :)

although ideally I would like to be able to by both and the spares outright  :mrgreen: im just hoping to hell I can get ESA at this point (especially as at that point id be able to tell the guy selling them, when I will have the money to afford it, because at this point i have no idea)

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

indeed on the 2x Invacars, I want to call him again for more details but im just a bit worried about being a nuisance, maybe next week or so, im not sure if he will want to split, he is sorta looking to sell them because of age etc and I know in those sorta circumstances most people much prefer selling everything in 1 big bundle then trying to split things up separately

if anyone is interested in going half and half, and you are genuinely interested in Invacars and not just looking to flip one for quick profit, do hit me up :)

If my financial situation improves before they sell then I'd certainly consider it!

12 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Awfully decent of Wobbler to come and pay you a visit. What a top bloke.

indeed im very thankful to DW for braving London to come visit me :)

1 minute ago, mrbenn said:

If my financial situation improves before they sell then I'd certainly consider it!

that would be cool :)

it is worth noting, that id want REV451R myself, which leaves the "spares" car, so if someone is going halves, take into consideration that you may need to do some recommissioning work, and some cosmetic repairs by the sound of things, and also theres no registration number, but as recently demonstrated thats pretty small fry in the scheme of things :) but the body work is all there etc If im understanding things correctly :)

oh and for those wondering REV451R is a normal handle bar control setup ,the unknown Model 70 is steering wheel+hand controls setup