New MOT History site now live.

GrumpyCat

Paul Daniels isn't getting much use from his Isuzu Trooper lately (MAG 1C). Probably annoyed that he had to splash out on a new rear shocker in 2014. Failed on the battery being insecure too, probably didn't tighten the clamp after trickle-charging it in the kitchen.

I can imagine him attempting to change the rear shock absorber on the driveway, previously purchasing the replacement from Euro Car Parts. Having great difficulty getting the rusted bolt out using old imperial spanners. Debbie comes out as she has to go to an opening of a local supermarket at 2pm, and needs a lift. Due to his frustration, he instantly lashes out with obscenities shortly followed by a low arcing hurl of an adjustable spanner, which bounces off the front of their faux Tudor style house woodwork fascia and lands in the soil of a large potted plant.

She later returns at 10.30pm in a taxi, to see Paul still under the vehicle, poorly illuminated by a bedside table lamp.

Paul Daniels ...(MAG 1C)...

Sadly Jimmy Tarbuck (COM 1C Mercedes Benz) appears not to be paying attention to routine servicing...

2010 stop light fails, leaking fuel cap

2011 oil leak

2013 anti-roll bar joint dust cover torn, wiper ineffective and a warning for nail in tyre

2014 warning for worn tyre

Perhaps he's too busy on the club circuit.

Just looked up my old work van that was leased though lex so i never got to see any paper work.

The last mot it had before the lease ended shows it failed on a brake load valve,grumbling wheel bearing and shreaded seat belt.

The odd thing is every mot it had was done at the big dealer and i would book the first test slot of the day and wait while it was completed.

On that mot i sat around for an hour and was told it was all fine.

Dealer fleecing the lease co or a genuine error ??

I can imagine him attempting to change the rear shock absorber on the driveway, previously purchasing the replacement from Euro Car Parts. Having great difficulty getting the rusted bolt out using old imperial spanners. Debbie comes out as she has to go to an opening of a local supermarket at 2pm, and needs a lift. Due to his frustration, he instantly lashes out with obscenities shortly followed by a low arcing hurl of an adjustable spanner, which bounces off the front of their faux Tudor style house woodwork fascia and lands in the soil of a large potted plant.

She later returns at 10.30pm in a taxi, to see Paul still under the vehicle, poorly illuminated by a bedside table lamp.

When he purchased said item from ECP they said, you will like this, not a lot, but you will like it.

Lady Diana's old XJS E763 KYX appears to still be going strong in her absence, with no advisories since 2011. However, 2011 was a shocker*

"offside rear brake binding (3.7.B.1)

Exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)

Advisory notice item(s)

Brake hydraulic reservoir fluid close to minimum level (3.6.G.1b)

o/s rear pads breaking up"

once people realise they can access this it should stop adverts like this....

JAGUAR XJ6 SPORT 4.0 AUTO MOT UNTIL JUNE 2016, NO RUST! EXCELLENT CONDITION

Classified Ad price:
£1,450.00

Good condition, old small mark but no rust or visable dents and scratches

But the last mot fail sheet in June had this to say......

Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Front Headlamp not working on main beam (1.7.5a)
Rear Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.C.1d)
Front Windscreen wiper blade insecure (8.2.2)
Front Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (8.2.3)

All good so far......

Front Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.B.2)
Rear Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.B.2)

Oh

Advisory notice item(s)
Nearside Front coil spring corroded (2.4.C.1b)
Offside Front coil spring corroded (2.4.C.1b)
Front Anti-roll bar corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
Front Shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing (2.7.2a)
Rear Shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing (2.7.2a)
Rear coil spring corroded (2.4.C.1b)
Offside Front Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
rear petrol pipe slide corroded

Suddenly your £1495 bargain looks anything but.... I can only assume the garage selling it doesn't consider corrosion to be rust........

As Paul himself famously said...

hqdefault_zps72etxz3i.jpg

**EDIT** Has anyone looked at the mileage history on Tarby's car? I think the fooker's been clocked at least twice.

You can take the scouse out of Liverpool...etc...

Looks like Jason P1ATO chopped his 911 in for a Cayenne.  He must be rolling in it after appearing on TFI Friday the other week.  It's too new for MOT checkage.

26.jpg

Wayne GILF-fancier above seems to have chopped his AM against a Corsa VXR that sings the following:

• Reason(s) for failure
    Nearside Headlamp aim too high
    Offside Headlamp aim too high
    Offside Registration plate lamp not working
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Parking brake lever has little reserve travel

Thats brilliant! I've done 10k since my last MOT, and all the advisories that were put on have been fixed (the emissions were passed with a stern word to get them looked at, replacing the full of holes exhaust should sort that)

MOT history of this vehicle
  • Test date15 January 2015
  • Expiry date15 January 2016
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading271,338 miles
  • MOT test number1263 5501 5053
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Offside Front Lower Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
    Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
    nearside rear tyre cracking/ageing

Looking at the history for the horrid witch next door's Pug 206 I see that it failed in 2007 with one of the reasons being "Emissions not tested (7.0)". Anyone know what's up with that? I'm blown away that she's managed 100k miles in it somehow.