ruffgeezer

***** AUTOSHITE DEALERSHIP STICKER ORDER THREAD ***** New design? 09/02/2020

I still have three left somehow, I keep moving them from car to car and amazingly they withstand it really well.

I will offer an opinion, but I do not think that it should be taken into consideration given the above:

* I don't really like the phone number, because I'm a woke C.  But I still have it on display on all my cars.

* I'm not sure about the tagline on the new one.  Like the 80s futuristic style though.

I agree I think it may look better in an Autoshite colour :) (and with perhaps the normal forum tag line? if i'm being fussy!)

also may I recommend putting ".com" in the underscore like the previous version?  (that way people actually know its a website/internet forum, assuming you want to "advertise" that fact of course :) 

its a shame the original style seems to have sold out? I was hoping on picking one up for REV when she hit the road! :)  (I like the 1980s 7 segment LED/VFD look of the new design but I currently prefer the old design as I felt it matched the general aesthetic of the forum itself better)

I like the concept. The 7-segment text on the left is gr9.

BUT (and I don't feel bad about saying this because you did say it was 'work in progress' Tim),

- Not sure about the tagline; any other suggestions? Because I have no imagination, my only idea is ' The future of  your motoring is our concern'

- Personally I consider the font colour more eighties neon than eighties LED 

- Keeping the same font for the address? Not sure it works with the rest of it. Not suggesting the same font as the left bit, but maybe something a bit more modern?

However it turns out, I'll have five. 

On 2/12/2020 at 12:16 AM, robinmasters said:

I like the concept. The 7-segment text on the left is gr9.

BUT (and I don't feel bad about saying this because you did say it was 'work in progress' Tim),

- Not sure about the tagline; any other suggestions? Because I have no imagination, my only idea is ' The future of  your motoring is our concern'

- Personally I consider the font colour more eighties neon than eighties LED 

- Keeping the same font for the address? Not sure it works with the rest of it. Not suggesting the same font as the left bit, but maybe something a bit more modern?

This is pretty much exactly what I'd say!

Given I have a 1970s and a 1980s car I'd take one of each style in a re-run of stickers...

Grey and red might feel more 80s for the 'modern' look (and be appalling to read if you get the shade of grey and red just so) and I don't think the .com is too prominent on this iteration.  I really liked the pink option, as it happens.

1 hour ago, captain_70s said:

Colour change inspired by the Acclaim's clock...

autshite80sv2.gif.ceef1405818f4930939c2b6b46c369382.gif.e290e77be1d527bf46287616a8da1981.gif

As an aside, why is the dealer address Six Mile Bottom? Is it just because bottom? (fnar).

Pretty much, yeah. When I came up with the original design, it was just a funny place name I remembered passing on my frequent journeys from home to Lincolnshire.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jim Bell
      Four Sail.

Autoshite Decals. Thats "stickers" in old money.

Medium Quality external vinyl. Will withstand prolonged mocking, and rain.

Gr5 for adorning your lap top lid, enamelled tea mug, tool box, prosthetic foot, bus shelter, expensive guitar flightcase or underpant drawer.

Pics*

*please note that the 50p pictured is intended to indicate scale and is not included in the purchase price.

If you would like to pay via another method, I am happy to discuss.
      Swaps, sex, real money, dares will all be considered.
    • By garbaldy
      Not sure what the market for these are now as the seem to be priced all over the place,
      Anyone care to put a value on this pile of old shite
      I bought it with good intentions but decided to buy the hippo instead so this is now just sitting doing nothing
      it drives really well with a nice tight gear change, engine starts first time and runs really nice,
      it has chassis rust (don't they all) mainly back cross member, front driverside outrigger, and rear shock mount area,

• By eddyramrod
      Being two of the resident American-auto lickers on here, danthecapriman and I have been having some PM chatter about possibly going abroad and bringing one back.  Here's one that we fancied quite strongly until Dan realised his passport had expired...

So you see the sort of thing we like!
      Well... then this one appeared in the ebay thread...

Dan and I discussed it at length (when was the last time you had a PM conversation run to 8 pages?) and decided I should bid on it.  We set a ceiling, because neither of us wanted to be involved in a bidding war even though we would be watching when it ended.
      And we were outbid.  Fair enough.
      Then I got a Second Chance Offer.  Winning bidder turned up, declared it wasn't for him, and scarpered.  The seller liked the car so much he almost didn't send me the Offer, and when it took me a while to reply (consulting with Dan) he almost wanted me to turn it down so he could keep it.  But I didn't.  Consultation showed that we both still thought it was a good buy, so I accepted.  Arrangements had to be made, money drawn, directions printed, etc etc.
      So yesterday my friend Roger arrived, a mere three hours later than we had arranged.  Immediately he declared his 2006 Fabia wasn't well and he didn't fancy it all the way to Derby and, crucially, back.  So ok, we went in my Saab.  He liked that, a lot.  Derby is almost 200 miles from Barrow, in case you wanted to know.  You know what my Saab looks like so you don't need pics of that stage of the trip.
      So, here we are at the seller's farm.

Let's take a minute to explore some of his other toys...

...and believe me, these are only highlights!
      So, now let's look at the Cadillac in a bit more detail...

Don't worry, I do have the bonnet mascot!  Seller removed it at my suggestion, because the car will live outside on the street.  I don't want to lose the ornament!
      So, we set off to drive home, after one of the compulsory-element pics...

Seller directed us to a gas station and a chippy...

(I might cross-post that one to Cars AndGirls...)  The girl in the white shirt is one of the chippy staff, she just couldn't get enough of the car!  I took a load of pics on her phone of her sitting in it, admiring it from outside... then finally we could have our tea and get back on the road.  We stopped at a couple of services, not least because driving at night with no instrument lighting is pretty stressful!  Especially when you have motorway roadworks for mile after mile, with a 50 limit and cameras.

So we finally arrived in Barrow at 1.00am, having listened to Ken Bruce covering the Eurovision most of the way up.  Yes, the Cadillac has its original factory AM/FM radio, and it works!
      This morning I thought I'd better do something about the lack of door-locking, that the seller pointed out to me.  The car has 4 keys, all slightly different!  One for trunk, one for ignition... er...
      A little consultation with Dan brought forth the suggestion that the power-lock actuators might be at fault, and upon dismantling the driver's door, this was indeed the case.

I disconnected the actuator from the lock and all was well.  One of the "other" keys was found to fit the doors, so now I can lock and unlock them manually.  Good enough.  When I took my dog out, I couldn't resist grabbing this shot...

And then I decided it needed a clean, so I swept it out, found a carpet offcut for the trunk, and washed the thing.  It does look better.

Several of my neighbours have come to have a look, and gone away impressed.

What happens now?  Well the immediate plan is just that I should (and will!) drive it, as much as possible given that I don't have anywhere off-road to keep it.  This is at least partly why we went for a mechanically-sound car (which it certainly seems to be) with cosmetic issues.  One worries less about a fresh ding, you know.... To this end I'll be going to work in it tomorrow, and stopping at the Post Office on the way home to get the tax in my name.  This car is the right side of 40 years old, so I get free tax.  Lovely!
      What happens in the further-distance remains to be seen.

• By DaveDorson
      I really need to unload some of the cars.

Doesn't matter how much I try and justify it to myself, I've just got way too many at the moment.

This is a large problem that became very apparent when I started looking at moving workshop to somewhere larger to consolidate where I keep my stuff and hopefully make some headroom.  The realisation struck me that I've got enough work to keep me going until retirement, and it's simply not worth it.  I need to cut some stuff out and make a clean break I think.

Current list.

1972 Beetle 1200 restoration (keeping and finishing, it's Sarah's car so probably doesn't count, to be fair I've done a fair bit on this)

2000 beetle 2.0 (Sarah's car, needs a battery and some welding doing, but given she's not driving it's fine, and it can be quickly made into a car again.  I really need to keep this one too.

1984 Caravelle restoration (keeping and finishing, had this forever and can't part with it.)

1974 Subaru Beetle (can't really sell this one, made a promise on it and need to see it through)

2006 Mondeo ST 2.2 Diesel (I'm keeping this, as it's my daily driver)

So that brings us to the stuff I really need to get rid of.

2002 Mondeo ST220 in Infra Red (I bought this because nothing appreciates like a fast ford, it's a project but an easy one, and I've not touched it for three years now.  It's in a dry garage, this can be for sale.  I keep missing the guy with the garage access to get the pictures done

Here's one from just before it went into storage.  I can't imagine being that it's sat in a dry garage it looks a lot worse.  Battery will be shot, needs a window reg, they're about £20, I might have one.  It had a bit of a sump weep and needed discs and pads, and probably tyres too.  I don't remember seeing any rot in there, but it may have started to go a bit by the front wings.

FB_IMG_1548892719181 by davedorson, on Flickr

it's infra red, I've got some good part worn tyres I can sell with it for the right money, needs re-commissioning.  Plate is N99 JLM,

1999 Golf S 1.9 TD estate.  That's the one that was meant to go last week.  All working now, just needs me to put some coolant in it and get a battery, the chap was meant to bring one, then let me down, MOT'd till March 29th.  Might just get this re-MOT'd and park it down the unit as a spare "pool" car.  NOW SOLD

IMG_20181215_100535522 by davedorson, on Flickr

W124 300E (m103 3.0), ex David Bailey car apparently.  Lost all the paperwork, probably worthless, refuses to run right, I suspect the K-Jet is shagged.  I just can't find the motivation to do this.  It's fairly solid, I've got new discs and pads in the boot for it.  Really should just get rid of this one.  if anyone wants this please get in touch, and I'll do some photos for you. 

2018-08-09_09-18-46 by davedorson, on Flickr

It won't come on the 17's, as they're valuable on their own, I've got some original wheels, but I need to sort them out with tyres, I'll try and do that and get some updated ones.  NOW SOLD

S124 200TE, rusty.  Currently at a friends in Corby who's been apparently doing the welding on it for me.  I'm yet to see evidence of this.  I've basically written it off as a bad experience.  If anyone wants this please get in touch.  It does drive, but it's rough as arseholes due to degraded ignition bits and very rusty, although it might be less rusty now.  I dunno, I'll arrange some photos if I can.  Reg is G878ERP if you're curious, as you can see, off the road for ages!  NOT MOVED SINCE I STARTED THIS THREAD, ANYONE FEELING BRAVE?  MESSAGE ME!