Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Just won on ebay a Lansdowne Mk2 Humber Sceptre model. This is the only model available of this car and is usually about £120 in as-new condition. This one was in a lot with a Bristol 401 and cost £60 all-in. Hopefully I can sell the Bristol for most of that again as, frankly, that's a ridiculous sum to pay for a toy car.

s-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.0d8df8bdd947c0671489894587ef6302.jpg

The Humber has had a bit of damage - the rear bumper has snapped and the tail lamp is missing. These things unscrew so if a replacement bumper could be sourced I'd be able to replace it. Can anyone think of a suitable donor car? Is there something from the Vanguards range that might donate a bumper?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.df8b139e98721626e71ea2b5a02f3e91.jpg

2 hours ago, barrett said:

The Humber has had a bit of damage - the rear bumper has snapped and the tail lamp is missing. These things unscrew so if a replacement bumper could be sourced I'd be able to replace it. Can anyone think of a suitable donor car? Is there something from the Vanguards range that might donate a bumper?

That is a lovely model. Vanguards do a Series 111 Minx that might be a suitable bumper donor?

2 hours ago, barrett said:

Lansdowne Collection are by Brooklin.  Maybe they could source the spares?

UK office is on 01225 332400, Unit 3, Pines Way Industrial Estate, Ivo Peters Rd, Bath BA2 3QS,

16 hours ago, Jon said:

49101684213_00cbebe8f7_b.jpg

I'm not sure if the raised rear is correct or not but it's safe to say that most weren't like that by the end of their lives. I like attention to detail - the bumpers look excellent, for instance. Some decals may be a little too large and the number plate font is an honest attempt but slightly off, though that really is nitpicking. The guy at the shop was using low online start prices to try and shift some stock, which backfired in this instance, so he's knocked that game on the head. I'll admit that I have since bought another Corgi Vanguard from him (at more realistic prices but still favourable compared to Ebay), so watch out for that exciting installment at some point!

Great buy, especially at that price! I like that variant of the Astra. I remember those original SRs driving about and the size of the decals is about right. I agree about the ride height, presumably it's due to there being a 1.3 Merit police version of that casting. I have the 16v GTE version and it's even more pronounced,

623134039_2019-02-0313_19_05.thumb.jpg.cb5de8b67fe239892e3a597364404dcf.jpg

No real-life GTE I ever saw sat that high at the rear!

On 11/29/2019 at 1:09 AM, Jon said:

48685739597_f9dbd1a9fc_b.jpg

Picked up this Transit as my older brother had one and I always coveted it. The permanently lowered body side was always a bugbear but that's because the plastic crate to load on it was long gone by the time I was playing with my brother's version

Look what I found sitting spare and unloved in my chod spares box....

IMG_1382.jpg

Decal is a bit scuffed on one side, but still.  Opportunity* to find another decal of choice.

On 11/8/2019 at 5:05 PM, bunglebus said:

I do need a Matchbox Beach Hopper/Baja Buggy/Beach Buggy to use as a donor for a top secret project though...

I have this pair.

The one with the extra heavier JACKSON POLLOCK PAINT EFFECT has hopped the driver out though.

IMG_1384.jpg

Ideally, I'd want to put the extra Pollocked body onto the best Rolamatic base and keep the driver driving.  The remains of the other can go towards secret projects and the like

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Hey, Fido seems to have escaped from my Cherokee. Bad dog.

What wheels are they on the 127? I have two, each with different styles, and neither like that.

The jacked-up Cherokee is quite rare with the dog in it,it seems they removed it from the interior.I have got one earlier low Cherokee I've had for many years,but when I found it,I remembered that I cut the dog out as I didn't like it in there ?

The Fiat has the earlier wheels,they have a separate centre which sometimes falls out.