Bus Shite

Felly Magic

17 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

Interesting Stagecoach issued uniform isn't it 

Bit of a perfect storm just now; I landed after all the old uniform has been phased out, but there is a shortage of new uniforms as they're on new issues of standard, Megabus and Citylink at my depot 😂

5 hours ago, cms206 said:

Bit of a perfect storm just now; I landed after all the old uniform has been phased out, but there is a shortage of new uniforms as they're on new issues of standard, Megabus and Citylink at my depot 😂

You'd think they could stretch to an HV, that's what they do at our place. New starters don't get given a uniform as most of them don't last more than a fortnight.

15 minutes ago, Yoss said:

You'd think they could stretch to an HV, that's what they do at our place. New starters don't get given a uniform as most of them don't last more than a fortnight.

No HV in the cab, not permitted while driving. Company policy.

Don't know if any of these have been stuck on here, these are my daily drive at work. 14metres long and 3 metres wide. Too wide for public roads. Proper barges, crap steering lock and gutless engines. Mind you we are not allowed over 15 mph on the ramp. Can be a bit* tricky to move between the planes when it's busy.

IMG_20230704_132656.jpg

7 hours ago, andyberg said:

Don't know if any of these have been stuck on here, these are my daily drive at work. 14metres long and 3 metres wide. Too wide for public roads. Proper barges, crap steering lock and gutless engines. Mind you we are not allowed over 15 mph on the ramp. Can be a bit* tricky to move between the planes when it's busy.

IMG_20230704_132656.jpg

Interesting driveline on those. Front mounted longitudinal next to the driver, 4-pot I think as they only need to bounce around very slowly. This drives the front axle which is presumably pinched from some sort of AWD truck as it's both powered and steered. Must explain the useless steering lock!

8 hours ago, andyberg said:

IMG_20230704_132656.jpg

The front of these remind me of our Levantes

50 minutes ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

good- the nxwm drivers just look untidy with hv in cab & fairly pointless whilst sar in a big metal and plastic box

When I (eventually) get uniform it'll include a reversible hi-viz bodywarmer.  Apparantly.

On 7/4/2023 at 1:32 PM, andyberg said:

IMG_20230704_132656.jpg

https://www.cobus-industries.com/produkte/cobus-3000/

Thankyou very much for sharing. Wondered what these were like to drive! Interesting FWD layout too! 😎 

1 hour ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

https://www.cobus-industries.com/produkte/cobus-3000/

Thankyou very much for sharing. Wondered what these were like to drive! Interesting FWD layout too! 😎 

😂😂😂110 passengers. Yeah right! With the 'average' UK citizen we struggle to get 80-90 on these things. 

As posted in my thread - some nice old Ex-Berlin BVG MAN SD202s floating about Nuremberg today. Red one is a D87 and the yellow is a D88 still in its late BVG colours. 

Both were really tidy and they've aged well - to an outsider you'd never guess these are 35 year old machines. 

20230709_133604.thumb.jpg.9055c0687e970656e99fd57ad6862aac.jpg

20230709_133638.thumb.jpg.289f837f87cc5f5c25c79b5ab5ee2ff9.jpg

20230709_133634.thumb.jpg.1fd6b5c00eca9acb4eb4084003c56b52.jpg

I've had a quick look around Mellors website and they are in the same group (WNVTech) as Coleman-Milne and Binz of hearse fame, Treka a name often seen on special mobility buses and VCS who make ambulances and police cars.

Although Mellors are based in Rochdale, and there's discussion about their extensive factory a lot of the photo's of the electric buses are obviously around Scarborough, home of Plaxtons. I wonder if they are involved in the producing the bodies for them? Otherwise why drag them out to Scarborough (home of an arch rival) to take the photo's rather than somewhere nearer to Rochdale?

image.thumb.png.d3e42ba21d8a339ca4e5d4064c69434d.png

image.thumb.png.64243fc3105700a45116d524b8f31ff0.png

14 hours ago, mk2_craig said:

Potential bus futureshite.

image-2.thumb.jpeg.752d9a29a94ef6b7929158b95e8837fa.jpeg

Mellor Sigma.  I had a sniff around it today, either the industry will love it and they'll shift bucketloads of them, or it'll turn out not to be so well screwed-together with total sales of about 7.

If anything like the Mellor bodied minibuses we had at the council back aroud 2010 - expect bits to fall off before they've left the factory and perpetual water ingress issues that makes Northern Counties buses look well sealed.

It's also got to be a contender for inclusion on the list of top ten ugliest front ends ever put on a bus...

We'd had one of them for just over three years when I left and they still hadn't been able to get the heating working.

21 hours ago, martc said:

I've had a quick look around Mellors website and they are in the same group (WNVTech) as Coleman-Milne and Binz of hearse fame, Treka a name often seen on special mobility buses and VCS who make ambulances and police cars.

Although Mellors are based in Rochdale, and there's discussion about their extensive factory a lot of the photo's of the electric buses are obviously around Scarborough, home of Plaxtons. I wonder if they are involved in the producing the bodies for them? Otherwise why drag them out to Scarborough (home of an arch rival) to take the photo's rather than somewhere nearer to Rochdale?

image.thumb.png.d3e42ba21d8a339ca4e5d4064c69434d.png

image.thumb.png.64243fc3105700a45116d524b8f31ff0.png

Mellor have a factory in Scarborough to produce the Sigma range.

https://itthub.net/coach-bus-minibus/mellors-new-scarborough-site-is-central-to-all-electric-sigma-bus-range/

On 7/15/2023 at 8:05 AM, cms206 said:

Must make Scarborough the bus building epicentre of the UK. I guess Mellors are hoping to poach staff from Plaxtons.

image.thumb.png.35386ec081ef1e1587cf23e0bb0da066.png

On the night of 14/15 July 1913, London’s first all-night motor bus service began operating on route 94, from Cricklewood Garage to Liverpool Street. Little did the 24 passengers on board know they were part of a pioneering service that would become a vital and iconic part of London's transport landscape.

1 hour ago, cms206 said:

The results are in... off to London on Sunday for my first three weeks at Bow Garage.

Off today and tomorrow, X19s Wed/Thu/Fri, X25s on Saturday then train to That London Sunday.

You’ll be good. I did quite a bit of driver training for several garages down there on the then newly introduced bendies…far easier to drive around in a bus than a private car as other buses and the black cabs tend to give way to you where possible and cyclists are generally switched on enough to keep out of your way.

Whilst strolling through the internet I came across this interesting read.

The Impact of the Atlantean in the South and West. It can be downloaded.

https://www.mdsbooks.co.uk/pub/media/wysiwyg/Impact_of_the_Atlantean.pdf

and there is more...

https://www.mdsbooks.co.uk/downloads/