eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

9 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Ah yes thanks - the 'B' was used  in the J4 up to '74, Landcrab up to '75, the Marina to '78 and even the Sherpa to '78. MGB used the engine up to the end in 1980.

Looking on t'web the diesel version of the B hung on even longer and built under licence in Turkey - and there was a marine version too - popular in narrow boats apparently.

Possibly still in production in some remote factory 😂

Don't forget the Princess till '78 as well!

8 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Shame about the cats. Still not too terrible of a price for a 740i Sport, they certainly command a premium but also have so many more expensive issues.

Do you think it's a real sport? I think it's been off the road for a while as the plate is now on a 730d who's MOT has also expired.

52 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Do you think it's a real sport? I think it's been off the road for a while as the plate is now on a 730d who's MOT has also expired.

The lack of chrome on the bumpers usually indicates it's a sport in the UK when it's a facelift afaik. Shadow line and style 32s (if original) would be another indicator. You'd also get the m tech steering wheel and probably a few other things, maybe even the black headliner.

8 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Ha, you know the Rover branding must be getting to people's heads when they refer to an L-Series as suffering from HGF 😅

It would be a challenge worthy of top gear.  

17 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

Given £500 to buy a car notorious for HGF. Series of challenges to see which blows first. Good consumer information.

£500 to buy a car without a bad reputation and give it one.