Ford Mondeo Base - Sale aborted.

BorniteIdentity

I noticed paypal credit the other day - to be honest, as far as these sort of things go, the terms didn't look too outrageous, but yeah, buying ebay tat on credit - WCPGW?

Personally my favourite is the amigo loans one, where you need to find someone responsible enough to have a good credit rating, but idiotic enough to let you torpedo it for them.

I just looked at the PayPal thing. TBH if you’re disciplined with money, it’s free cash. £80pcm over 4 months and it’s yours.

That said, even if it WAS on eBay, how many sellers want a paypal payment instead of cash on collection?

If you want it then I’d be happy to buy it and collect it, then invoice you for the cost and you can get it from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll lay out the full case for this:

- Base Mondeos are rare because in spring 1994 the base model was replaced by the aspirational Aspen, which was base trim plus some optional extras, but still with keep fit windows. There was no longer just a 'Mondeo'

- hence, this one is rare because it is on an M plate, suggesting it was built early in 1994 but not registered until after first August. I can't get the full Etis details to confirm. Every other base I've seen has been on K/L plate, saloons are rarer than hatches.

- It has the original wheel trims which are no longer available from Ford

- As Bornite sets out above the MOT history is clean

- It is the only Mk1 Mondeo trim level without a sunroof

- It has original Allen Ford dealer sticker, suggesting possible Romford(?) registration.

- 1.6 models are not seen as desirable by the Mondeo scene, apart from banger racers as sierraman notes, but are perfectly adequate for daily use, I use mine for work a lot as originally intended.

- I'll even go out on a limb and say the earlier Mondeos (black bumper top) were better built.

- I bet it has had new lower suspension arms, as these are usually MOT advisories at least at this mileage

- There's good knowledge on the forum about these cars, Sierraman knows how to fix them, and I can bring my slightly obsessive traits to parts etc.

There you go, tried my best ;-) (I bet it has yellow headlights though). It looks like it needs front and rear ARB bushes, they are probably original.

The last group buy/donation didnt work out that well, so I am not going to be taking part in any more 

If you mean the Renner 30, then it did get saved and not towed to the bridge; but true we didn't all each get a go in it in the end

I'll give this Mondeo a chance by offering a £pony, but matching Mr RoverChodbother Cheatham's £nifty might stretch.

GIB

ROFFLE

POLISH

SEND PHOTOS INTO CRAPTICAL

ADVERTISE IN WHITE ROOM

#14 and #31 please

Dave_Q has added more drama* to the story by digging out the Etis details...look at the build date....

Mondeo 1992-2000, 1.6L Zetec-E EFI (90PS), Radiant Red

VIN Number: WF0FXXGBBFPR57652

Registration Number: M39TML

First Registration Date: 18.08.1994

Registration Country: GB

Primary Features

Build Date: 02.07.1993

Vehicle Line: Mondeo 1992-2000

Body Style: 4 Door Saloon

Version: L/CL

Engine: 1.6L Zetec-E EFI (90PS)

Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Trans - MTX75

Drive: RHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 4.06

Emission: 83 US Petrol/87 US Diesel Emissions

Air Conditioning: Less Air Conditioning

Territory: (+)"GB"

Paint: Radiant Red

Interior Colour: Medium Opal Grey

Interior Fabric: Stage

Well my base is 24/3/93, and there are some Jan/Feb 93 builds around. However, this should clearly be on at most an L as initially suspected..

My guess is it sat at dealer as a demo model, but aren't they registered??

It is poverty spec, and there cannot have been that many built, as clockwork windows & no sunroof weren't desirable back then. Just power steering, driver airbag & a stereo?

It might have 7 speed intermittent wipers too, though this was deleted around the time of the Aspen...