What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 30/01/2024 at 00:19, nev_jr said:

8am this morning: squatters discovered in my villa. Fucksticks. 

11am: big juicy promotion. Unfucksticks. 

1:30pm: squatters binned. Double unfucksticks. 

What a rollercoaster of emotion. 

On 31/01/2024 at 11:07, nev_jr said:

They’re not, we got very lucky here. If they went 72 hours undetected in there they can stay in there for up to two years

On 31/01/2024 at 15:08, nev_jr said:

I thought that French was very good

Spain, but more specifically Lanzarote 

I think you will find you may some incorrect information.

https://costaluzlawyers.es/blog/squatters-rights-vs-owners-right-a-common-clash-in-spain/

https://www.idealista.com/en/news/legal-advice-in-spain/2020/09/09/7809-the-key-to-evicting-squatters-from-your-home-in-spain

Because of this we had an alarm, linked to a control office installed, for our recent European vacation.  This is so that the Guardia Civil can take immediate  action and remove them. Not cheap but worth it for the piece of mind.

26 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

I think you will find you may some incorrect information.

https://costaluzlawyers.es/blog/squatters-rights-vs-owners-right-a-common-clash-in-spain/

https://www.idealista.com/en/news/legal-advice-in-spain/2020/09/09/7809-the-key-to-evicting-squatters-from-your-home-in-spain

Because of this we had an alarm, linked to a control office installed, for our recent European vacation.  This is so that the Guardia Civil can take immediate  action and remove them. Not cheap but worth it for the piece of mind.

We have one of those now also. 

17 minutes ago, Bradders59 said:

Finished a run of nights at 8am this morning. Not back in work until 5pm Friday.

Hoping the weather stays dry and I can start working through the list of jobs on my cars. 

Make the most of it. And may I never work shifts again till I'm 102

5 minutes ago, Matty said:

Personally I love it. It sounds gruesome but its actually pretty cushy. 5pm to 8am Mon - fri.

7.30 to 7.30 (either nights or days) at weekends.

Unofficially we arent expected to stay awake doing those kind of hours, and arent actually expected to do much at all apart from keep an eye on things from time to time.

I often do five nights in a row (mon - fri) so 75 hours, and then have a week off after.

I did 13 in a row once, had three days off and then did another five. That was way too much and I wasnt really safe to drive to and from work, so wont ever do it again.

Ive been doing it for just over 15 years, and hope to keep doing it for another five and a half years until Im 70.

2 hours ago, Bradders59 said:

Finished a run of nights at 8am this morning. Not back in work until 5pm Friday.

Hoping the weather stays dry and I can start working through the list of jobs on my cars. 

I do permanent weekend nights. Fri, Sat, Sun 18:00 - 06:00

It's great.

10 hours ago, Matty said:

Not implying anything here, its just a joke from when I worked nights: If you think your wife is being unfaithful, when you get home in the morning rush upstairs and see if the toilet seat is up.

12 minutes ago, DSdriver said:

Not implying anything here, its just a joke from when I worked nights: If you think your wife is being unfaithful, when you get home in the morning rush upstairs and see if the toilet seat is up.

Oh she knows Leroy needs to be up and out by half 6 🤣

4 hours ago, Matty said:

Fucking love the French. If the British had half the balls the French do...

The fuckers caused me two detours in France recently . I managed to stay away from the motorways for most of the trip.

You should give credit to the Dutch they were the first farmers in the EU who protested about net zero regime.  And they did not damage other peoples property. The French are including removing net zero demands. They wrapped it up with the banning of  cheap food imports from other countries. When I see them setting fire to lorries and letting wine or milk flow over the road then they loose my support. Truckers also have costs and a living to earn too.

41 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

The fuckers caused me two detours in France recently . I managed to stay away from the motorways for most of the trip.

You should give credit to the Dutch they were the first farmers in the EU who protested about net zero regime.  And they did not damage other peoples property. The French are including removing net zero demands. They wrapped it up with the banning of  cheap food imports from other countries. When I see them setting fire to lorries and letting wine or milk flow over the road then they loose my support. Truckers also have costs and a living to earn too.

Sorry pal  maybe that was a bit flippant.

18 minutes ago, Matty said:

Sorry pal  maybe that was a bit flippant.

No it was not flippant. I do believe the the right to protest and this issue really needs to be bought to the public's attention. But sometimes some go too far. I personally feel that damaging another property is that step.

I really felt lucky that I was not held up for days, as some reports are saying is happening to road users.