Pocket Rocket* Part-ex.

KruJoe

They're okay on a journey on your own. Mine used to regularly go from Birmingham to Redruth to see my mate and his 2ft gauge railway.

One of mine was turned into the company van to save using a bus. Quite a useful little thing - rear seats taken out, lined out at the back and rear windows blanked off - turned it into a useful parts getter and crew change machine until one driver on a crew change forgot where he parked it and it was taken away and crushed by Birmingham council after four days sitting on double yellows.

Home and dry*

All in all, a successful collection. Cost: Half a tank of WVO, one severed ratchet strap, and £2.50 for a Waziristani hand wash.

post-1381-0-78080900-1436302406_thumb.jpg

Best thing about that enterprise was the hand-warming brazier burning inside their lashed-up shelter!

This thing is an absolute flipping hoot on our private* back lanes, I'm telling you.

It is now fully hoon tested, and comes with the Joe_Cleland stamp of approval.

• 9 months later...

Time to move this on.

It has developed an increasingly persistent but intermittent non-starting habit.
It did it a few months back, and an ebay crank sensor seemed to fix it. It may be the same problem now, but it's giving a different fault code this time, one for a key-code immobiliser problem. But the key-code goes out as normal, so I'm not sure.

Also, I now suspect HGF too. (Oil cap mayo, coolant vanishing, and creaminess in the sump oil.) I just CBA to spend any more time on it, and due to its bad habits, Mrs_KJ has fallen out of love, so it's days here are numbered.

It still drives brill when it decides to start. Bloody thing.

You still reading this? 

OK, it's tested 'til June:

post-1381-0-49575600-1461350247_thumb.jpg

It'll likely want some tyres to win another test.

Any plus points?

Recently overhauled back brakes. 

It's yellow.

Erm... that's all I've got.

How much? You decide.

99p start Autoshite members' AUCTION!

(GBP (Pounds and pence Sterling) bids only, no licked Twixes, bid increments 10 pence or more, that's up to you. Auction ends 24 hours after the last bid. Other T&C's may apply if I haven't thought of them yet.)

post-1381-0-16570800-1456748753_thumb.jpg

Central, so close to everyone on mainland UK.

Collection: most days/times are possible, evenings are good. Relaxed timescale, storage is not a problem here. I can bring you to it from Skipton bus or rail station.

Delivery: May be possible, we can talk. May involve A-frame risk and further T&C's.

Aye. I did have a look myself this week, with the thought of picking up an identical one (with differing issues), and keep this for bits. I found a good runner for £200 needing an alternator down int' West Riding, but the Mrs told me to FRO with that idea, as she saw it as an excuse to have another carcass littering the place. Bugger. Rumbled. (Plus, it's gonna be a while 'til she trusts a Fiat again.)

cannot be driven whilst wearing size 10 wellies

Says the man who drives a 106 daily in wellies... That sort of talk is internet claptrap! This is no worse than a 106 in that department, I'm fine driving both in me boots!